Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash 2022 - Sunday 9th October

scrumpymike

Off topic I know but we've got to cover the cost of the remaining T-shirts somehow 🙂. We're having a massive clear-out at home and some of this stuff may be just what someone's looking for. Just PM me re anything of interest and I'll bring to the Bash.

Pre-move sale.docx

Edited by scrumpymike

1 hour ago, scrumpymike said:

Off topic I know but we've got to cover the cost of the remaining T-shirts somehow 🙂. We're having a massive clear-out at home and some of this stuff may be just what someone's looking for. Just PM me re anything of interest and I'll bring to the Bash.

Pre-move sale.docx 1.81 MB · 4 downloads

NOW ON HOLD: Fusion gig-bag

• Like 1

4 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Pre-move sale.docx 1.81 MB · 16 downloads

NOW ON HOLD: Fusion gig-bag and car roof bars.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

OK, so here's the moment we've all been waiting for - the unveiling of the 2022 menu 🙂  If this doesn't cater for your dietary requirements, just let me know by PM what you need!

Mrs Scrumpys menu Oct 22.docx 106 kB · 19 downloads

I must stop looking at this thread. The torture has just become unbearable. :( 

21 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Pre-move sale.docx 1.81 MB · 31 downloads

Can you show some pics of the T Shirt design Mike, you never know I might buy another....

I spoke to my band mate Pete to see if he'd got the Piccolo Bass at home but it's out on loan to one of his friend's who's recovering from a knee operation, so it will be just these two I'll be bringing:

2yKJaVOl.jpg

Clearly, the one of the left is the Camphor Singlecut and the one on the right is the SWAPAATBWADS fretless (Same woods and proportions as a Thumb but, wisely, a different shape)

The Camphor Singlecut is the one that needs a good home.  Offers around £1500 will secure.  This was the 'No Treble' Bass of the week it was awarded in 2016:

https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2016/06/20/bass-of-the-week-ajr-guitars-singlecut-bass

Edited by Andyjr1515
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Chienmortbb said:

Can you show some pics of the T Shirt design Mike, you never know I might buy another....

Here's the T-shirt pic (see p1 of topic for full details) BUT the shirt you've already ordered was the last 2XL ☹️

image.png.a34f93bf9bf06ba4448c62603ef7f2f2.png

Edited by scrumpymike

It's a confirmed non-gig weekend and Mrs Rev has given approval, so I'm there.

If anyone is interested in having a go on double bass, I'll bring one, otherwise it will be the Italia Rimini and the Chowny SWB fretless (which is also for sale...), plus my MAS45 cab/Techamp Puma/Fishman pre gig setup.

For the raffle I have a Tech21 BassCompactor compressor.

Dave

• Like 4

BASH NOTICE I hesitate to bring the (new) 'c'-word into what is meant to be - and will be - a joyous occasion BUT...

It's getting to the time of year when we can expect the covid numbers to go up again. If you're not feeling right, please consider taking a test before coming to the Bash as a precautionary measure. Mentioning no names (me!), some of us are getting towards our 'best before' date, so RESPECT please 🙂. We'll make sure there's ventilation and plenty of sanitizer on hand, so you can put some on YOUR hands. If you want to wear a mask, please bring one.

Anyone who's pre-paid but doesn't attend cos they're not feeling well WILL get their money back, no questions asked.

OK, that's my last word on the subject, I promise.

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

BASH NOTICE I hesitate to bring the (new) 'c'-word into what is meant to be - and will be - a joyous occasion BUT...

It's getting to the time of year when we can expect the covid numbers to go up again. If you're not feeling right, please consider taking a test before coming to the Bash as a precautionary measure. Mentioning no names (me!), some of us are getting towards our 'best before' date, so RESPECT please 🙂. We'll make sure there's ventilation and plenty of sanitizer on hand, so you can put some on YOUR hands. If you want to wear a mask, please bring one.

Anyone who's pre-paid but doesn't attend cos they're not feeling well WILL get their money back, no questions asked.

OK, that's my last word on the subject, I promise.

A good shout Mike,  our singer and some friends are all very infectious at the moment. 

On 02/10/2022 at 13:29, scrumpymike said:

Pre-move sale.docx 1.81 MB · 36 downloads

NOW ON HOLD: Fusion gig-bag; car roof bars; trolley jack.

• Like 1