Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazine

xilddx

[quote name='Davemarks' post='1310362' date='Jul 20 2011, 02:48 PM']Free backing tracks for my new Bass Guitar Magazine column are online!

Develop your melodic basslines by grabbing the download at [url="http://tinyurl.com/3f73q4v"]http://tinyurl.com/3f73q4v[/url][/quote]

Cheers Dave, just grabbed them for a listen. Always good to have the audio to go with the text. :)

Just been checking out Dave's YouTube channel...some good vids on there...on a different note has anyone else noticed that in the latest edition, one of the pics of Ben Kenney (Incubus) was one of the ones they used for Troy Anthunes a few months ago...tsk tsk!

Dan

Really weak article about BassDirect in this months issue. Only seemed to be interested in the Dingwalls, and why did they keep referring to Mark as "Stickley", which I thought was bad manners. The shadow on his photo made him look like he was starting to grow an afro as well! A few captions on the photos wouldnt go amiss, it all just looks thrown together at the last minute in some places. I know its fashion to knock the mag at the moment, and I have loyally subscribed since issue one, but there is less of interest in it every month for me nowadays, so maybe a break is in order.

Yeah, it was fairly predictable but I think it was more about letting people know the place exists. Pretty much everyone on this forum knows about it and I expect A LOT have been there - the article wasn't for our benefit really.

Some of the time the BGM articles feel a bit behind the times - they're just getting excited about fanned fret systems when they've been available in the UK for quite some time now.

Still there's always the Competition to do, you can win an Upright!
On a different note, can I be the first to complain about all the Tattoos on view this month? It's like a Hell Angels meeting in there... :)

Still the Fender Black Top Jazz Bass looks interesting although I won't be rushing out to buy the new Bass by well known Queen Bassist Brian May.....

Edited by yorks5stringer

• 8 months later...

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1311272938' post='1311941']
Still there's always the Competition to do, you can win an Upright!
On a different note, can I be the first to complain about all the Tattoos on view this month? It's like a Hell Angels meeting in there... :)

Still the Fender Black Top Jazz Bass looks interesting although I won't be rushing out to buy the new Bass by well known Queen Bassist Brian May.....
[/quote]

JUst visiting this thread and have no recollection of posting above! No sign of my subscription copy this month yet.....

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1333572935' post='1603859']
What's the issue with tattoos?
[/quote]

None, it was irony as every issue has someone complaining about something!

On a positive note, it would appear the new owners will honour exisiting subscriptions, but I have asked them to ensure on all photos of tatooed artists, these are obscured with peel off tape.....

[quote name='louisthebass' timestamp='1334924745' post='1623534']
Have yet to see the copy I'm due in the post - normally arrives about the middle of the month :mellow:
[/quote]

Everything is apparently delayed now as BGM was sold to the new owners over the w/e. If any subscription gifts are outstanding I'd contact the previous owners, they may have some stuff left over! Linky:[email protected]

Anyone got their new copy for this month yet? Seems to be behind, probably due to the changeover?

UPDATE:
Just been told by the new pulishers that the magazine goes to press today and posted out next week. Subscribers should see the next issue within the next 10 days.

Edited by Badass

[quote name='Mr Lizard' timestamp='1335352933' post='1629637']
I was wondering where my copy was :blink:
[/quote]Likewise. There was a thud on the doormat this morning, but it was Mrs Ez's gardening mag :(

Edited by ezbass