Why become a member? ×

Fender Closet Custom

32 minutes ago, Chiliwailer said:

One of the big dealers  (Coda or GAK?) had one for years and couldn’t sell it, it ended up going dirt cheap. I was tempted at one point, but thought if it’s been there that long it may be a dog. 

What did it go for Chilli 

They used to put out a special edition Closet Classic Pro every year. My first Maruszczyk Jake came about because I had mad GAS for the 2011 (see below), but I couldn't afford one, so I specc'd it from Adrian instead.

The 2012 was similar but in Oly white. When they announced the 2013, I thought it was horrid.

81i0p-hkdjL._AC_SL1438_.thumb.jpg.284fb44343ffc3ddede77bd0bd8674da.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

What did it go for Chilli 

£1300 rings a bell, might of been a touch more. Compared to others at that time it seemed like they were letting it go at cost after a few years in stock. 

Ive seen this one for sale a few times - not sure if it’s the same guy though. 

Edited by Chiliwailer
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

On an 8-year-old bass, I'd say that "nice cracking to the finish" was actually bloody near catastrophic!

I thought the same, but is 'Closet Classic' maybe meant to suggest it's intentionally aged? Like a relic, but without looking like it's been kicked down 6 flights of stairs & flung under a bus.

I kind of like it, apart from the falling-off finish & price tag.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bassassin said:

I thought the same, but is 'Closet Classic' maybe meant to suggest it's intentionally aged? Like a relic, but without looking like it's been kicked down 6 flights of stairs & flung under a bus.

Yep, that finish is a design feature. I've always fancied a Precision Bass with twin SCs but sadly way more than I'd like to pay

• Like 1

I'm sure there was a chap on here a while who disappeared/got banned who had one of these.

IIRC he was very aggressive/combative and basically insisted that his bass was the pinnacle of what a bass could be, despite the fact it looked like a teenager trying to grow his first moustache. There was no other game in town according to him.

I'd like to think this one advertised on EBay is his