Why become a member? ×

Mark Hoppus. Ack.

NancyJohnson

I have no idea who Mark Hoppus is, but I have several friends having cancer treatment and a couple who have recently died, so my best wishes go out to him.

This really is a shitty disease. Every one of us should have regular MOTs and check ups.

3 hours ago, Crawford13 said:

He is the guy that made me pick up bass when I was 15.

I know he will make it through. 

Same here (though I was 17)

Blink 182 were my first favourite band and though I don't really listen to them these days (I'm about 20 years past the target demographic), there's no denying Mark's songwriting talent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paul_5 said:

He’s not a player I’m familiar with, other than he’s got a signature bass with fender. 

Very good basses too, in a Blind Precision test the Hoppus was the runaway winner, up against some serious contenders such as 50s/60s/70s/modern US Precisions etc.

3 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Very good basses too, in a Blind Precision test the Hoppus was the runaway winner, up against some serious contenders such as 50s/60s/70s/modern US Precisions etc.

Does it not have a Jazz shaped body? 

Bit weird no one noticed that when playing. 

image.thumb.png.24aae11ab78a8b9f95a11af758944eff.png

Edited by Crawford13
  • Like 1

Yes we were testing basses with a Precision pickup, sorry should have been a bit clearer. From recall we even had a Dingwall in amongst the basses. The test was done with the audience voting with their ears only, I played the basses behind a curtain (couldn`t even play well enough to make my own bass win, lol) was a lot of fun and an unexpected result.

11 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Yes we were testing basses with a Precision pickup, sorry should have been a bit clearer. From recall we even had a Dingwall in amongst the basses. The test was done with the audience voting with their ears only, I played the basses behind a curtain (couldn`t even play well enough to make my own bass win, lol) was a lot of fun and an unexpected result.

Ah cool that makes a bit more sense. 

I haven't heard of Blink 182 for years and years but they were very influential in that whole pop punk scene I was into in my 20's - I hope he makes a swift and full recovery.

Edited by PatrickJ