Why become a member? ×

Bass Direct

mattbass6

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Yes (but the Cherry one,  not the white one!)

Edit- didn't realise the white one was a 5HH. It wasn't on the radar..

Great basses. I had a 4HS in stealth black, which I traded at Bass Direct for a Dingwall. I miss that Bongo. Enjoy your new purchase! 

1 hour ago, ern500evo said:

Great basses. I had a 4HS in stealth black, which I traded at Bass Direct for a Dingwall. I miss that Bongo. Enjoy your new purchase! 

A Dingwall was a possibility,  but I was concerned about string availability and choice, especially in a 6.

Thanks,  I've liked other Bongos I've tried.  Hopefully,  this one will be no different. 

• Like 1

Dingwall strings are great and have quickly become my favourites. Never had a dud string and great tone.BD don’t always have lots in stock so I also order from Thomann - last autumn I ordered 16 sets and they were in stock and delivered within 5 days so no problems with stock.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

Dingwall strings are great and have quickly become my favourites. Never had a dud string and great tone.BD don’t always have lots in stock so I also order from Thomann - last autumn I ordered 16 sets and they were in stock and delivered within 5 days so no problems with stock.

18 sets would last me several lifetimes and I gig a lot!

13 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

I'm sure that the Dingwall strings are fine for 99% of players.  Alas that my sweat is supremely acidic.

I turned all the brass door handles black at my parents' house, and gold bass hardware goes green, particularly control knobs.

Elixirs are a must for me, I'm afraid. 

2 minutes ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

Well done BD and DHL.

Definitely DHL doing the delivery?

Last time bought anything large from BD they were still using APC, whose Nottingham Depot appears to staffed by useless layabouts. They wouldn't even answer the phone when their head office tried calling for me them to find out where my missing delivery was. As Mark was happy with the service he getting at his end, he showed little inclination to want to change at the time. Consequently I've not bought anything big from them since.

On 12/01/2023 at 00:52, Lfalex v1.1 said:

A Dingwall was a possibility,  but I was concerned about string availability and choice, especially in a 6.

Thanks,  I've liked other Bongos I've tried.  Hopefully,  this one will be no different. 

Hideous headstocks though, they should offer a headless option.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...