Why become a member? ×

!!! WHAT HAVE I LET MYSELF IN FOR?

BIG.J

Well, having recieved a telephone call today from an old drummer i once played with, I was offered the opertunity to join a new Genesis Tribute Band forming in the North West! :D :rolleyes:

I must admitt this drummer is amazing and seemed to good an offer to turn down!

My current band plays mainly our own material and i will still continue to play with the Black J's, i have only been with them a few months. Thought it would be a nice change to give a tribute act a go.

Better start learning a few tracks as we are looking at playing the older material from 1967 = 1975?

Let the Downloads commence?

Cheers

Justin :)

[quote name='chris_b' post='433140' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:03 AM']Did they have a bass player on gigs?[/quote]

That's what I was wondering. I do know Rutherford had a twin-neck bass/guitar jobbie - Shergold, I believe. Decent guitarist and decent bassist.

Wait, wasn't Rutherford bassist while Hackett was guitarist? I don't know my prog. I should be ashamed of myself. :)

Edited by The Funk

From what I can remember, they used to take turns playing Bass/Guitar.

[quote name='The Funk' post='433143' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:07 AM']That's what I was wondering. I do know Rutherford had a twin-neck bass/guitar jobbie - Shergold, I believe. Decent guitarist and decent bassist.

Wait, wasn't Rutherford bassist while Hackett was guitarist? I don't know my prog. I should be ashamed of myself. :)[/quote]

Guest subaudio

[quote name='xverminate' post='433049' date='Mar 12 2009, 11:45 PM']Well, having recieved a telephone call today from an old drummer i once played with, I was offered the opertunity to join a new Genesis Tribute Band forming in the North West! ;) :D

I must admitt this drummer is amazing and seemed to good an offer to turn down!

My current band plays mainly our own material and i will still continue to play with the Black J's, i have only been with them a few months. Thought it would be a nice change to give a tribute act a go.

Better start learning a few tracks as we are looking at playing the older material from 1967 = 1975?

Let the Downloads commence?

Cheers

Justin :)[/quote]

Sounds great, you'll have a ball :rolleyes:

When hackett was in the band, Rutherford played Rhythm guitar and bass on a double neck. When Hackett left, they replaced him with a touring (non writing) guitarist called Daryll Stuerner, with the later material Daryll and Rutherford started to switch instruments.

"Can you tell me where my country lies? Said the uniform for his true loves eyes...."

[quote name='The Funk' post='433143' date='Mar 13 2009, 01:07 AM']That's what I was wondering. I do know Rutherford had a twin-neck bass/guitar jobbie - Shergold, I believe. Decent guitarist and decent bassist.

Wait, wasn't Rutherford bassist while Hackett was guitarist? I don't know my prog. I should be ashamed of myself. :)[/quote]

The handy thing is i also play guitar and have done for many many years more than the bass so should be interesting! :rolleyes:

[quote name='Rodders' post='433275' date='Mar 13 2009, 09:17 AM']You'll be in competition with these guys

[url="http://www.losendos.co.uk/"]http://www.losendos.co.uk/[/url][/quote]

The thing is its something a little different! Our drummer is Genesis mad and has auditioned for a few major tribute band that tour all over the world!

Having had no luck with his last audition as they took there original drummer back on board he has decided to start his own tribute!

Not realy looking to copy sets/ clothing etc just good old music!

Cheers

Justin.

Well done sounds a great gig.
I've recently been revisiting all the early albums. I'd forgotten how very English and pastoral(?) it all is but also how varied.
What have you let yourself into? Lot's of hard stuff to learn and play in odd and oftenchanging time signatures! Great tunes though
9/8 anybody?

Have fun

You'll need some Taurus bass pedals to get the really authentic Rutherford bass sound :)

Ricky for the faster melodic high end parts and the pedals for a great big hefty drone sitting underneath everything.

A really core part of the early Genesis sound.

Personally I think Rutherford was a fine bass player but kinda lost it when Steve Hacket left and he got the opportunity to play lead guitar (he'd always played a fair bit of 12 string).

[quote name='molan' post='434100' date='Mar 13 2009, 07:54 PM']You'll need some Taurus bass pedals to get the really authentic Rutherford bass sound :)

Ricky for the faster melodic high end parts and the pedals for a great big hefty drone sitting underneath everything.

A really core part of the early Genesis sound.

Personally I think Rutherford was a fine bass player but kinda lost it when Steve Hacket left and he got the opportunity to play lead guitar (he'd always played a fair bit of 12 string).[/quote]

Nice one fella! :rolleyes: