Jump to content
Jabba_the_gut

Another 27" Short Scale Mini Bass (but with LEDs)

Recommended Posts

On 03/08/2020 at 22:09, Jabba_the_gut said:

Struggling now - need to take this to pieces to finish it off but having too much fun playing it!!

byRadCM.jpg?1

oooooohhhhh, shiny...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally took this to pieces to finish the last couple of bits off and ow it is complete!! Here's a few pictures of the finished bass:

aecaZgO.jpg?1

AFYP3HU.jpg

UbaBbM7.jpg

ysE4GFb.jpg

XAGFBYb.jpg

Slx3LoD.jpg

W7fs33U.jpg

1mf7fmi.jpg

PWswPch.jpg

92e7t8E.jpg

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful! I feel like I can play it through my screen it looks so 'tactile'. Would love to hear it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ped said:

Beautiful! I feel like I can play it through my screen it looks so 'tactile'. Would love to hear it!

Cheers Ped. I must work out how to record it - I've got the gear but no idea!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

Cheers Ped. I must work out how to record it - I've got the gear but no idea!!!!

about the only thing I could help you with, gimme a nudge if you fancy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

about the only thing I could help you with, gimme a nudge if you fancy 

I might well take you up on that at some point. Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jabba_the_gut said:

I might well take you up on that at some point. Cheers

By that I mean I’ll take the bass and record it and forget to hand it back!!

Always here buddy 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flippin' well phenomenal!

The understated logo on the truss nut cover, the side dots without front facing dots, the demarcation veneer behind the spalted headstock face and back.  It's wonderful.

Why are you not world famous for this?  Your consistency and output is remarkable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2020 at 14:02, SpondonBassed said:

All your builds are somehow, dare I say... sexy?

I'm not the only one thinking that am I?

No.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooooooorrrrraaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!!!             :party:    - 2m-   :party:     - 2m-    :party:

And it's beautiful :)

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

Finally took this to pieces to finish the last couple of bits off and ow it is complete!! Here's a few pictures of the finished bass:

aecaZgO.jpg?1

AFYP3HU.jpg

UbaBbM7.jpg

ysE4GFb.jpg

XAGFBYb.jpg

Slx3LoD.jpg

W7fs33U.jpg

1mf7fmi.jpg

PWswPch.jpg

92e7t8E.jpg

It looks fantastic, so neat and tidy in every aspect. Wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an absolute gem, looking forward to to following the 5 string build, the fretless is still proving it’s worth in the trio, only rehearsing these days, hopefully better times next year, stay safe, Mike B.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wrinkleygit said:

What an absolute gem, looking forward to to following the 5 string build, the fretless is still proving it’s worth in the trio, only rehearsing these days, hopefully better times next year, stay safe, Mike B.

Stop talking about your bloody fretless! Because it’s bloody lovely and I want one.

That is all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, wrinkleygit said:

What an absolute gem, looking forward to to following the 5 string build, the fretless is still proving it’s worth in the trio, only rehearsing these days, hopefully better times next year, stay safe, Mike B.

Hi Mike. Hope all is good with you and glad you're still enjoying the fretless! Take care and hopefully catch up at the SW Bash next year. Just watch out for @Frank Blank though....

All the best

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

Hi Mike. Hope all is good with you and glad you're still enjoying the fretless! Take care and hopefully catch up at the SW Bash next year. Just watch out for @Frank Blank though....

All the best

Hopefully by then I’ll have one or two of my own Jabba builds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Hopefully by then I’ll have one or two of my own Jabba builds.

There is a queue.......

But I do know that you are in that queue :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, owen said:

There is a queue.......

But I do know that you are in that queue :)

Mine are done and finished it's just a case of getting to @Jabba_the_gut to get them!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long is the queue? Is it long enough that if I join now and start saving, then I will be able to afford the bass at the end?

A Milliways bass perhaps?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is excellent! I want to experiment with a shorter scale at some point. doing the LEDs is a fiddle but yours have come out cracking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...