Why become a member? ×

No! It's happened!

gafbass02

First I actually ASKED for slippers for Christmas and now I have started to think about a nice sunburst precision?!!!??
Noooooooo!

I've even decided that the two bands I'm in (check my sig! Esp useless wooden toys!) will be my last originals bands!!

I always wondered when I got 'bass old' and I consider this to be it! I'm even happier having LESS basses than I did!!

If anyone has a sunburst fender or squier p going über cheap or fancies a partial swap for my cheap sixer, now might be the time to pm me before I have further crisiis (how exactly do you spell cry-seas??) and decide I need a flying v in metallic blue or something!

On another note try to be hold of the album kon and amir off track vol 1 - the Bronx, Serious funk bass heaven!

Edited by gafbass02

[quote name='gafbass02' post='404531' date='Feb 9 2009, 05:18 PM']First I actually ASKED for slippers for Christmas and now I have started to think about a nice sunburst precision?!!!??
Noooooooo!

I've even decided that the two bands I'm in (check my sig! Esp useless wooden toys!) will be my last originals bands!!

I always wondered when I got 'bass old' and I consider this to be it! I'm even happier having LESS basses than I did!!

If anyone has a sunburst fender or squier p going über cheap or fancies a partial swap for my cheap sixer, now might be the time to pm me before I have further crisiis (how exactly do you spell cry-seas??) and decide I need a flying v in metallic blue or something!

On another note try to be hold of the album kon and amir off track vol 1 - the Bronx, Serious funk bass heaven![/quote]

I share your pain, well most of it, I've firmly resisted all suggestion of buying slippers,

and looking on the bright side, there is life after sunburst Fenders,

But it's supposed to have a graphite neck, 24 frets, six strings and a fully active pre-amp with emg's isn't it?!!?!
I'm going through all these strange changes, I'm not sure I understand anything anymore! And I've started to think about girls! (especially Carol Smillie?) :-)

Edited by gafbass02

[quote name='gafbass02' post='404531' date='Feb 9 2009, 05:18 PM']First I actually ASKED for slippers for Christmas and now I have started to think about a nice sunburst precision?!!!??
Noooooooo!

On another note try to be hold of the album kon and amir off track vol 1 - the Bronx, Serious funk bass heaven![/quote]

You did okay, I got to 29. Enjoying the hell out of it now though!

Whats the matter with you lot???? I am 38 and looking at starting an originals band. Your never to old. Music is music and you should just play what you enjoy. Saying that, I am a bit worried about the Sunburst comment. I have a Fender Jazz in sunburst, a Squire fretless in Sunburst and a Musicman Stingray in Natural. All a bit worrying if you ask me.

I like to think that in my head I am still in my teens... but I have 2 pairs of slippers and caught myself looking at [i]cardigans[/i] in Debenhams a few months back. ;)

[size=1]Although in my defence, one of my pairs of slippers are Gromit ones a bit like [url="http://www.toonhound.com/wrboots-2.jpg"]these[/url]. Actually, this probably makes it worse.[/size]

That's absolutely terrible Gaf!

I'm 36, and I have only just started in an originals band (first gig in 2 weeks time)!

That being said, I am auditioning next week for the "Dad's band" at my daughter's school, which plays Rhythm and Blues covers.. Still, gonna stick with using your Warwick Streamer for that one, so should be quite an amusing look. (not been too tempted by the sunburst option tbh!)

James

[quote name='gafbass02' post='404584' date='Feb 9 2009, 06:02 PM']I'm going through all these strange changes, I'm not sure I understand anything anymore! And I've started to think about girls! (especially Carol Smillie?)[/quote]

Well, if you start thinking about joining an ABBA tribute band, i think your condition's terminal! ;)

I waited until I was 46 before I got the sunburst Fender, first Fender I've ever owned too.

My last originals band finished when I was 30 and I actually gave up music for a while, thinking it was time to grow up and become a normal member of society. That only lasted a year thank god.

[quote name='kdphysio' post='405182' date='Feb 10 2009, 11:08 AM']Well, if you start thinking about joining an ABBA tribute band, i think your condition's terminal! ;)[/quote]

Oh bum, I saw one of them advertised the other day and thought it might be cool. I love ABBA. I blame my older sisters. I was brainwashed at an early age :P

Well this has given me some positive (I think?) reassurance! I'm 38, play covers and gig with a Stingray, sometimes with my Sunbust P bass (1988 62RI) and last night took delivery of a new Marcus Miller Jazz!

A good tip however is that slippers are really comfy for playing in at home. Not gigged yet with slippers on but I was wondering, if you were to gig wearing your slippers, what style would you go for...??? Is this the start of a new thread or am I losing the plot??? And ... would you have Jazz slippers, P Bass slippers and Stingray slippers??? Am I losing it???