Andy

SOLD CS Stack Knob Jazz Gold Sparkle!
£2200
Wimbledon

Up for sale is my Custom Shop  1960 stack knob Jazz Bass in Gold Sparkle (Light Relic)

The bass has been finished with Nitrocellulose lacquer which has been aged to give some wonderful checking.

This bass is in immaculate condition with it's original case and case candy and certificate of authentification.

My feedback: 

IMG_4681.JPG

IMG_5568.JPG

IMG_5565.JPG

IMG_5562.JPG

IMG_6199.JPG

IMG_6195.JPG

IMG_6201.JPG

Edited by Andy
SOLD
  • Like 5

Played this bass a few times,  for my taste it’s one of the great ones and looks the muts nuts..

Andy is a great guy, GLWTS pal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, walshy said:

Must have @bassfan written all

over this 😍

Ha!! So much gear has my name written all over it. Not least of which is your amp,  @Andy s sadowsky and a rather nice cab ! 😂😂 so need a load of gear to shift. 

A gold sparkle jazz would be cool though 🤔

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 1

Just now, AndyTravis said:

I would absolutely love this...alas, it’s a no go.

I'll get some more pictures up tomorrow to tempt you further! ;) 

16 minutes ago, Andy said:

I'll get some more pictures up tomorrow to tempt you further! ;) 

I only have trade offers and if I’m honest...I’d rather it was an additional 

4 hours ago, Clarky said:

@molan this looks up your street!

Wow, would go nicely with my gold sparkle P!

21 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Do you have another photo of it similar to the last one, but face up?

Just taken a couple of shots Warren. It's one of those finishes that's difficult to capture - seems to look different in almost every shot and definitely looks better in the flesh!

• Thanks 1

Just one last question: What´s the weight of the bass please? Without the ashtrays of course ...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By artisan
      OK to help things along I'll throw in for free a nice immaculate Mono M80 gig bag with this bass.
      Now that has got to be a bargain 😀 
      Only six months old,immaculate condition,fitted with new GHS pressurewound strings,very nice setup,plays beautifully.
      It has had the wiring loom upgraded with top quality components including a switch craft jack socket(KiOgon loom) so sounds ace.
      Comes with its Fender deluxe gig bag.
      Price is firm so no lower offers please.
      Collect from Harrogate.
      No trades please.

• By dballona
      This is a collectors' article, besides being the best P Bass I have ever owned, without a doubt. This bass is part of the history of an incredible musician, which played with names such as Steve Vai, Neil Zaza, Cyndi Lauper, Little Steven, Tina Turner, Dan Hartman and Billy Joel and even legendary Miles Davis.

I bought this bass from a New Jersey resident who bought it from the person who did TM's Estate sale. He visited TM's house and shipped this beauty to me in Brazil, where I used to live. Now, after moving to the UK, I am playing less and less, and it makes sense to sell this to a collector/actual player, which will take care of this legacy moving forward.

Originality-wise, electronics of this bass are entirely original except for one of the pots. The pickguard is broken next to the cable jack, typical for old P basses. The body was obviously stripped and covered with glossy finishing – probably it is not nitro, I'd say it is PU. One thing that dates the stripping is that there's a picture of TM with this bass dating back to early 70s from what it seems... so it's been like that for a while. And a funny fact, when I got the bass, the neckplate was flipped. I left it as TM knows what works better.

Everything else is clearly original, and I can back up originality after collecting old Fender basses for a few years.

Included on the sale:
      - Bass;
      - OHSC;
      - Covers (both pickup and bridge);

I will try to ship some of the memorabilia that was included in the original sale to whoever buys it. I left all of it in Brazil when I moved in as I had no intentions to sell it... if you're interested, leave me a message and I will send you more pictures.

• By Mattbass97
      Darkglass Vintage Microtubes (USA version) - £95
      Perfect working order and in good condition Comes with original box and some original extras Price includes Royal Mail Signed For 1st Class "The Microtubes Vintage is our tribute to some of the most legendary sounds in rock history. It provides warm tube-like tones with a natural dynamic response that echoes the organic compression of old tube amps and reel-to-reel tape machines."
      This is the USA version, as far as I am aware (and according to Darkglass) there is no sonic difference - the only difference is the footswitch is a different variety to the pedals made in Finland.

• By theshape101
      Selling my Fender Stu Hamm Urge 1 Standard Bass. Picked this up last year but haven’t used it much. It’s in excellent condition. These were in production from 1993-1999. Its 32” medium scale and has a downsized body so it’s really easy to play and it’s very lightweight. 2 Jazz pickups and the controls are stacked volume/pickup pan and stacked treble and bass. 
      Comes with a heavy duty flight case or can ship in a smaller box with the neck removed if required.
      Specs:
      • Poplar Body
      • Maple Neck
      • Rosewood fingerboard
      • 24 frets
      • 32” scale
      • 7.3lbs
      • ‘Licensed by Schaller’ tuners
      I’m not looking for any trades.