Why become a member? ×

3 minutes ago, dand666 said:

Loving my UE 18s. Sounds incredible, however now I just need to get the right EQ for my bass in my ears. I think I'm pretty close.

Anyone else use the Behringer X-Air and wanna share their EQs?

I have the A18s and agree they are awesome. I have found they do not need much eq correction and run best at a lower level than previous IEM's...but have found a massive improvement if we use a pro/studio headphone amp. AUX's from digital mixer to 4 channel headphone amp, feeding each band member...excellent clarity and separation, no noise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dand666 said:

Loving my UE 18s. Sounds incredible, however now I just need to get the right EQ for my bass in my ears. I think I'm pretty close.

Anyone else use the Behringer X-Air and wanna share their EQs?

I run a different brand/model of IEMs (64 Audio A3) but run them flat - I do like to hear a full mix and as I act as the band's sound guy (amongst other things) leaving the EQ flat means that I have a better understanding of how everything really sounds rather than it being coloured additionally in any way.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

XS sounds really toppy and thin to me - reminds me of the awful PSM200.

If you are looking at a more budget system, I'd probably be investigating the MiPro MI58 and get rid of the compander altogether as the XS one sounds pretty rough to me.

Edited by EBS_freak

If you are wondering why MI58 - check the sound quality here (5:52). He does a walk around a venue... but as long as your transmitters are in line of sight and all that, or close to the stage, which I would imagine most people reading this are going to have... then jobs a goodun. Low latency, digital audio quality, no compander. What's not to like?

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

I guess "affordable" and "budget" are in the ear of the beholder!

In short, budget and wireless tend not to go together. I certainly wouldn't recommend anything on the budget side when it comes to wireless - especially analogue wireless.

As an aside, as I've stated previously in the thread, the Mi58 has my interest due to the low latency figures (as in proper low latency figures not some high latency figures that are marketed as the opposite), it is digital (hence no rank sounding compander) and the optional unbelievable optional inclusion of Dante that defo puts it into the more pro camp. If it wasn't MiPro and had Shure or Sennheiser written on it, it would £1700+ easy.

My ZS10 and P2 recommendation should be within the realm of most musicians. Under a £100 sounds like a reasonable price on protecting your ears.

1 hour ago, police squad said:

Where is the uk can you get the MIPro stuff. I've googled it and am struggling to find out

a-ha, Cybermarket. Never heard of them. Will be trying ZS10 and P2 this weekend

I messaged them today... 

To buy in the UK I’d recommend getting in touch with the guys at Batmink who can provide pricing information for you. Please find their details below:

Batmink Ltd,

Beckery Road,

Glastonbury,

BA6 9NX

Tel: 01458 833186

Email: [email protected]

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bassmansam said:

@EBS_freak

'MI-58TD which works in the the same way as the MI-58T but with the additional ‘D’ meaning that the transmitter can output of the Dante network audio protocol'

Just wondering if its worth the extra for the MI-58TD

EDIT: - I'd hope that it would be a Dante input as opposed to output!

It's only worth it if you ever think that you are going to make use of Dante. If you are not, then no, it's not a big issue.

As a typical use case - imagine you have say, 6 stereo IEM systems, all racked up, with a switch that you are using for your Dante traffic.

In that case, 6 systems would have 12 XLR cables to get the stereo signal in. You can negate all that plugging in and out with just one ethernet cable (but there will be 6 ethernet connectors permanently racked up to your switch - then you have a single ethernet cable to your main Dante switch). Again, think of micing up a kit. You could have a Dante enable preamp box and instead of having a big heavy analogue loom, you just have one ethernet cable to plug in to get from that stage box to your Dante switch.

If you haven't got a Dante compatible desk (loaded with Dante card), the whole thing is a moot point anyway. The real win of Dante is getting rid of a load of cables - and splitters - if you are running multiple desks and audio devices. If none of this is you, then yeah, it's something you are never going to use. Dante networks tend to be a significant investment as the gear that is Dante enabled, tend to be in the pro end of the spectrum. For example, Shure wireless Dante enabled mics start at ULXD4D (dual receiver - about 3k... before you even look at the transmitters).

If you want to Dante enable non Dante devices, you can always add Dante Avio adapters - they are typically around £250 for XLR based units.

So based on all that, if you are making use of Dante, yes! No brainer. If you haven't got Dante - have no intention on spending money on going down the Dante route, then no, it'll be something you'll never ever use. 

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Thanks 1

Hello.  I dip in to this thread now and again in the hope of absorbing some knowledge.  I have a pair of ZS10 in-ears and am looking at getting a Behringer P1 so I can go through the very decent PA we ofen use.  Got me thinking though - Is there a system for wireless bass signal send and monitor receive, so there’s only one pack on your strap?

33 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

Hello.  I dip in to this thread now and again in the hope of absorbing some knowledge.  I have a pair of ZS10 in-ears and am looking at getting a Behringer P1 so I can go through the very decent PA we ofen use.  Got me thinking though - Is there a system for wireless bass signal send and monitor receive, so there’s only one pack on your strap?

I don't think so. You might be able to use a "y" cable to split your bass output to go into one side of the P1, but you'd still need to send to the PA and you'd (possibly) need a return for the other instruments and vocals

Edited by jimmyb625

17 hours ago, bassmansam said:

I messaged them today... 

To buy in the UK I’d recommend getting in touch with the guys at Batmink who can provide pricing information for you. Please find their details below:

Batmink Ltd,

Beckery Road,

Glastonbury,

BA6 9NX

Tel: 01458 833186

Email: [email protected]

will contact them later.

Should I just get the transmitter/receiver or the whole set including the in ear bits, or should I stick with the ZS-10s

I’ve not used my IEM’s for ages. I just didn’t get on with the isolation I was getting from them. 
I now want to start using them again. This is for keys and just for my personal monitoring. The band aren’t going IEM anytime soon (although the singer does occasionally)

Anyway, what I’m here to ask is about IEM’s with an ambient feature. I think that would be a good compromise. Im aware that the low end will take a hit, but at least I will feel part of the music. 

Anyone using this type? Recommendations?  Needs to be cheap-ish. I’ll still use a floor monitor for gigs where I have space for it, but for others I want to use IEM. Just running through a headphone amp so not wireless. 

I’m aware that I can run an ambient mic to feed my mixer, but at the moment im

just asking about the IEM’s. 

Edited by dave_bass5

3 hours ago, dave_bass5 said:

I’ve not used my IEM’s for ages. I just didn’t get on with the isolation I was getting from them. 
I now want to start using them again. This is for keys and just for my personal monitoring. The band aren’t going IEM anytime soon (although the singer does occasionally)

Anyway, what I’m here to ask is about IEM’s with an ambient feature. I think that would be a good compromise. Im aware that the low end will take a hit, but at least I will feel part of the music. 

Anyone using this type? Recommendations?  Needs to be cheap-ish. I’ll still use a floor monitor for gigs where I have space for it, but for others I want to use IEM. Just running through a headphone amp so not wireless. 

I’m aware that I can run an ambient mic to feed my mixer, but at the moment im

just asking about the IEM’s. 

Easiest solution is probably to use any universal IEM (Shure 535 or whatever) and use a simple silicone mushroom-type tip. They give an decent seal but aren't very isolating... Which might be just what you are looking for!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, AJ567 said:

Easiest solution is probably to use any universal IEM (Shure 535 or whatever) and use a simple silicone mushroom-type tip. They give an decent seal but aren't very isolating... Which might be just what you are looking for!

Cheers. Yes, that what I’m thinking of doing this weekend, but I’d like to use something a bit more reliable. Im worries I might end up with them falling out completely. 
I normally use Comply foam Tips but dug out the original silicone ones that came with my IEM’s. They definitely let in more ambient if I have them loose, but that feels a bit uncomfortable. 

I was looking at the Westones but can’t seem To find them in the UK (haven’t looked too hard though). 

I should have posted in this thread! Does anyone know of a UK company that does reshelling? I had a set of UE Triple Fi 10s reshelled with custom moulds by Inearz about 5 years ago but one side is now faulty. I have a spare set and was looking to get them reshelled. Inearz did a great job but they are  in Florida and prices have shot up!