Jump to content

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021


scrumpymike

Recommended Posts

I think I had better pull out from this, currently exhibiting some unpleasant symptoms and despite negative lateral flow tests I'm worried enough to have ordered a PCR as well. Even if it's just a regular lergy I'm not going to share (and don't feel great right now anyway)

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

I think I had better pull out from this, currently exhibiting some unpleasant symptoms and despite negative lateral flow tests I'm worried enough to have ordered a PCR as well. Even if it's just a regular lergy I'm not going to share (and don't feel great right now anyway)

Sorry to miss you, get well soon!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FFS.  Mrs Turgh has symptoms and just booked in for a test tomorrow 😡

 

If her big girl test comes back clear, would people feel comfortable if I just did a leteral flow test on my self beforehand?  Probably not.  Damn.

 

Keep the ticket money though, Mike, otherwise you’ll be way out of pocket!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

FFS.  Mrs Turgh has symptoms and just booked in for a test tomorrow 😡

 

If her big girl test comes back clear, would people feel comfortable if I just did a leteral flow test on my self beforehand?  Probably not.  Damn.

 

Keep the ticket money though, Mike, otherwise you’ll be way out of pocket!

Personally, if Mrs Turgh's PCR is negative and your lateral flow is negative I'd be comfortable. Appreciate everyone has a different level of risk that they are comfortable with. I generally do a couple of lateral flows a week and will do one before this event. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jabba_the_gut said:

Personally, if Mrs Turgh's PCR is negative and your lateral flow is negative I'd be comfortable. Appreciate everyone has a different level of risk that they are comfortable with. I generally do a couple of lateral flows a week and will do one before this event. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I would agree as well, having been double jabbed for some time I’ve always been cautious about taking risks, but if you had negative results beforehand I can’t see an issue.

  However, as always the decision has to be right for you and I would be respectful of your choice.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 14/09/2021 at 18:12, scrumpymike said:

It's food shopping time and we need your help to get the numbers right.  Could you all please refer to the list on the last page and do ONE of the following:

 

    confirm you're on the list and still coming;

 

    confirm you're on the list but NOT coming (I already know about Andyjr1515, Bassbod, Triumph_Rock, MoJoKe, GrahamT and Chienmortbb);

 

    tell me who you are if you're not listed but ARE coming.

 

Ta very much!

I'm coming, as is my singer (and bass student) Jo. One vegan, one voracious omnivore.

I'm on the list 

 

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pea Turgh said:

FFS.  Mrs Turgh has symptoms and just booked in for a test tomorrow 😡

 

If her big girl test comes back clear, would people feel comfortable if I just did a leteral flow test on my self beforehand?  Probably not.  Damn.

 

Keep the ticket money though, Mike, otherwise you’ll be way out of pocket!

I'd personally be comfortable with that but perhaps you would also consider wearing masks.  Again, though, I would leave that entirely up to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

FFS.  Mrs Turgh has symptoms and just booked in for a test tomorrow 😡

 

If her big girl test comes back clear, would people feel comfortable if I just did a leteral flow test on my self beforehand?  Probably not.  Damn.

 

Keep the ticket money though, Mike, otherwise you’ll be way out of pocket!

 

I'd be more than happy with that. Fingers crossed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 Rich - Westone Thunder 1A (tarted about a bit), Sire V7 fiver, Tanglewood acoustic 4 - all basses strung with nickels, D'Adds on the Thunder and Elixirs on the Sire and ABG. Zoom 509 h'phone amp and cans.

FOR SALE: Boss CE-5 chorus stomp

wrinkleygit - Jabba’s Semi Hollow Fretless, 112 cab with a lightweight head, possible new addition to the family. Bass strung with Labella flats

scrumpymike - FOR SALE: Eden WT550 Traveler; Fender Rumble 800. 'Keepers': my no. 1 gig bass 'Rascal Mervyn-Lyte; 'Rascal Lyte Mkll; Sandberg Cali lV s-s; Mesa Subway TT-800; HandBox R-400; a pair of BF SC3 cabs; a Gillett Contour or two (or maybe even 3) - one of which will prolly be FS.

 

2 Pea Turgh - My Frankenstein Jazzguarman(!) strung with D’Addario XL Chrome flats. My black bitsa (same strings). Probably my Peterson combo which I’ll flit between selling and not selling (still).

 

3 Stevie - Ibanex SR1200-VNF, Ashdown RM500, BCbass 112, plus some other bass cab developments (probably)

 

4 yorks5stringer - Warwick Star Bass Proline (4 string), Status GP Artist (again 4 string), Marcus Miller Micro 101, 1972 Telecaster Bass (poss.), Shuker Course 5 String (poss.)

 

5 stewblack - Hand built Luna bass, Elf / BF Midget. TCE Plethora and various Source Audio pedals. For sale: Ampeg SVT CL, various effects, Washburn Scavenger, Hofner Club, possibly Precision bitsa.

 

6 basstone - For Sale refurbished Marshall DBS200 combo fitted with beyma 12" speaker. BC v3 cab with G&K MB500 amp. '78 Fender fretless jazz bass with rotosound nylon coated strings. Probably plus one other bass TBD

 

7 Woodinblack - Ibanez EHB1505, Shuker Uberhorn, Chapman Stick, PositiveGrid Spark amp.

 

8 olipaulo - Fender Elite Jazz, Status Empathy 5 and PRS SE Kestrel. Markbass CMD 151P, SWR LA15, GK MB112-ii and GK MB212-ii (the last three are for sale so they may be missing from the bash). Helix LT & IEMs

 

9 Richard Jinman - tbc

 

10 Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Deathburger (sublime to the ridiculous) maybe another bass, GR AT212 slim and Bass Terror.

 

11 Norm - I'll bring my '98 Stingray 4 (could be for sale/trade), Squier VM Jazz 5, Squier VM Precision 5, Trace Elliot v4 head & Barefaced Vintage 2x15, Roland Microbass & headphones, earplugs & my wallet, looking at what peeps are bringing with FS tags on!!!!

 

12 Jimrs2k2 - all the normal stuff, some of which maybe for sale.

 

13 PhilStarr - BC 112 Mk1, BC110T, BC Easybuild 12, maybe some other self build designs. Peavey MiniMax, Burny Thunderbird (Japanese Matsumoku copy

 

14 JabbaTheGut - 27" short scale basses, short scale telebass, probably something else, TC amp and cab(s)

Pinball - Amplification: GB 2x12 and streamliner, Burnes Marquee bass, G&L Fallout, Supro Huntington 1, Fender Jazz Bass Special/boxer, Peerless Jack Casady. (Revelation Dub King maybe)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MORE LAST-MINUTE STUFF!!

 

1) Call for mains extension leads  As in previous years, would you all bring whatever you've got to help us distribute mains power to the tables across the hall.  Long, chunky, 4-gang cable-reels will be particularly welcome.

 

2) Early-doors volunteer required to replace Monsieur le Blanc on set-up duties.  If you live locally and are happy to do this, just ping me a PM.  In terms of qualifications, all you need is a pulse and the ability to walk and kneel down (mat provided 🙂).

 

3) Paid your £10 entry but can't come?  I know there are a few of you, due largely to circumstances beyond your control.  Some have already said "just keep the money".  That's most generous but I have an alternative that means no one loses out and I won't need to give any/as many refunds.  My suggestion is that you send me an extra £10 to buy yourself a Bash T-shirt (£15 plus p&p).  We have laid out nearly £900 on shirts based on the expectation of a record-busting post-lockdown turnout this time.  The shirts will sell eventually (hopefully 😐) as they are not specific to this particular place and time but a few extra sales would help with our short-term cash-flow.  Of course, anyone who prefers a £10 refund can have one after the Bash.  If you're one of the pre-paid absentees, just confirm your preference via PM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

3) Paid your £10 entry but can't come?  I know there are a few of you, due largely to circumstances beyond your control.  Some have already said "just keep the money".  That's most generous but I have an alternative that means no one loses out and I won't need to give any/as many refunds.  My suggestion is that you send me an extra £10 to buy yourself a Bash T-shirt (£15 plus p&p).  We have laid out nearly £900 on shirts based on the expectation of a record-busting post-lockdown turnout this time.  The shirts will sell eventually (hopefully 😐) as they are not specific to this particular place and time but a few extra sales would help with our short-term cash-flow.  Of course, anyone who prefers a £10 refund can have one after the Bash.  If you're one of the pre-paid absentees, just confirm your preference via PM.

 

I'd love a T-Shirt buy you don't do them in my size!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, scrumpymike said:

We've got from M through 3XL... so you'll either have to add or lose some weight to bring yourself in range 😊

 

Oh! In that case you have got my size, sorry! Put me down for a 3XL and how do I pay?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, scrumpymike said:

Nothing special - just turn up with your £10 entrance fee (covers your food and drink all day) at Cheddon Fitzpaine Memorial Hall, Rowford, Cheddon Fitzpaine, Taunton TA2 8JY.  The hall is in a rural location with a large car-park - see start of this topic for a pic of the entrance gate and hall website link.  Feel free to bring any of your kit with you (or not) and call me on 07770 946135 if you need to.  The event runs from 10am to 4pm.  Hope to see you on Sunday - you'll be more than welcome!

Thanks Mike, I literally live a mile down the road from the hall so know it well, just depends what the wife expects of me on Sunday lol, I dont have anything exciting gear wise, but I am currently playing the Ibanez EHB1000S and EHB1005 which are both headless if they are of interest

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, fordbass said:

I am currently playing the Ibanez EHB1000S and EHB1005 which are both headless if they are of interest

Very definitely! I'd be very interested to see either/both.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, fordbass said:

Thanks Mike, I literally live a mile down the road from the hall so know it well, just depends what the wife expects of me on Sunday lol, I dont have anything exciting gear wise, but I am currently playing the Ibanez EHB1000S and EHB1005 which are both headless if they are of interest

Definitely of interest so bring if you can.  Also, if you can get up to the hall early (we're there from 8am) that would be appreciated.  No pressure though 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Definitely of interest so bring if you can.  Also, if you can get up to the hall early (we're there from 8am) that would be appreciated.  No pressure though 😉

Ha ha, Im gigging the night before so doubtful I could be there for 8am, not sure what the wife would say too! Its our anniversary today so maybe I'll ask her tomorrow if I can go lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, fordbass said:

Ha ha, Im gigging the night before so doubtful I could be there for 8am, not sure what the wife would say too! Its our anniversary today so maybe I'll ask her tomorrow if I can go lol

I had a gig the night before the last Bash in 2019 - I wasn't there at 8am either 😊

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

I had a gig the night before the last Bash in 2019 - I wasn't there at 8am either 😊

Mine is in North Devon so unlikely to be in till 1-2am so no getting up early for me ( I hope)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...