Why become a member? ×

The Big Fat South-West Bass Bash - Now Sunday 19th September 2021

scrumpymike

• 1 month later...

Yes indeedee folks, to borrow a topical Olympics marathon metaphor, we've just come round the last bend and the home straight is in sight!  Definitely time to start thinking about donating raffle prizes, which I'll kick off with:

a decent gig bag for standard solid-bodied bass; a 3X Bash T-shirt left over from last time; a copy of Tony Butler's 'My Time' solo CD donated by the man himself after he attended the 2019 Bash ...

... which brings me on to a piece of not-so-good news.  I asked after Tony in a recent phone chat with Stephen Chown, who told me that Tony is in poor health and awaiting a much-needed operation.  I'd like to suggest that I send Tony our best wishes in the form of a big card with a print of the group shot below and the names of everyone pictured (plus anyone who wasn't pictured but wants a mention).  I'm sure I can put forum names to most of the faces but think it would be a bit more personal if you could all let me have your forum name and real name.  Actually, someone out there who likes a challenge could probably make it super-easy for me (and more meaningful for Tony) by creating and posting an outline silhouette version of my pic on which everyone is numbered - that way you can all give me your names AND number 🙂

I'm sure this would cheer Tony up a bit.

1421815129_group-21.jpg.662ed1d043e50803bf79d31601bdee3f.jpg

Edited by scrumpymike
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, scrumpymike said:

Yes indeedee folks, to borrow a topical Olympics marathon metaphor, we've just come round the last bend and the home straight is in sight!  Definitely time to start thinking about donating raffle prizes, which I'll kick off with:

a decent gig bag for standard solid-bodied bass; a 3X Bash T-shirt left over from last time; a copy of Tony Butler's 'My Time' solo CD donated by the man himself after he attended the 2019 Bash ...

... which brings me on to a piece of not-so-good news.  I asked after Tony in a recent phone chat with Stephen Chown, who told me that Tony is in poor health and awaiting a much-needed operation.  I'd like to suggest that I send Tony our best wishes in the form of a big card with a print of the group shot below and the names of everyone pictured (plus anyone who wasn't pictured but wants a mention).  I'm sure I can put forum names to most of the faces but think it would be a bit more personal if you could all let me have your forum name and real name.  Actually, someone out there who likes a challenge could probably make it super-easy for me (and more meaningful for Tony) by creating and posting an outline silhouette version of my pic on which everyone is numbered - that way you can all give me your names AND number 🙂

I'm sure this would cheer Tony up a bit.

1421815129_group-21.jpg.662ed1d043e50803bf79d31601bdee3f.jpg

spartacus.jpg.ce2ad8ccf639b4328ae48d0331f3736b.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

I'm the tall guy directly behind Michael Gillet wearing glasses and the silver fox ( in the box) barnet. My kids know me as 'Dad' but I'll answer to Keith Barclay as well.

You're one of the few that I already know both names of - but thanks for setting the ball rolling Keith!

Btw, just figured out how to get my numbered outline silhouette - I'm on it ☺️