Why become a member? ×

Oh my goodness.

99ster

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190275197703&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D190275197703%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1"]So WRONG it will bring tears to your eyes![/url]
:) :wacko: :huh:

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='359818' date='Dec 20 2008, 07:31 PM']It's not that bad, but it's a shame he felt the need to do it to a '65 and not a '95 :)[/quote]

Mind you, seeing as it was done pre-1978 it would have been quite a trick to do that to a '95. :huh:

As a non-Fender sort of person, I have to say that's rather nicely done. I've seen vaguely similar modern custom basses by very expensive designers that were less attractive but cost a helluva lot more.

As someone prone to neck/back problems if I sling a plank round there for too long, anything that reduces the weight of a P is welcome.

Finally, don't forget that - when the original owner did this - he was modifying a very common, inexpensive bass. 20/20 hindsight is all very well, but calling him a "moron" for doing this is a tad unfair.

I like that - very nicely carved for the most part, & I'd happily play a P or J modded like that. In fact if I ever come across a suitably ratty no-namer body I might have a go... :)

I suppose it's a shame it's a 60s P it's been done to - but that would have meant arse-all to whoever did it in 1970-whatever.

Jon.

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='359938' date='Dec 20 2008, 10:32 PM']Finally, don't forget that - when the original owner did this - he was modifying a very common, inexpensive bass. 20/20 hindsight is all very well, but calling him a "moron" for doing this is a tad unfair.[/quote]

+1 (see my "1962 fender P bass bits for sale" thread for similar youthful errors ..) Remember a '65 Fender was just a plank in '65 ...

Mind you, if you guys are so clever, what should we be buying and stashing away today so that it's worth a fortune in 50 years time?

Tricky isn't it :)

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='359938' date='Dec 20 2008, 10:32 PM']Mind you, seeing as it was done pre-1978 it would have been quite a trick to do that to a '95. :huh:

As a non-Fender sort of person, I have to say that's rather nicely done. I've seen vaguely similar modern custom basses by very expensive designers that were less attractive but cost a helluva lot more.

As someone prone to neck/back problems if I sling a plank round there for too long, anything that reduces the weight of a P is welcome.

Finally, don't forget that - when the original owner did this - he was modifying a very common, inexpensive bass. 20/20 hindsight is all very well, but calling him a "moron" for doing this is a tad unfair.[/quote]

MB1. :)
Previous owner.... Gordon???