Why become a member? ×

Bass New Year Resolution

JakeBrownBass

OK then, with the new year slowly coming its time to start thinking about new years resolutions!

To make this more relevant to all of us lets make it bass related!

I think mine is going to have to be stop buying and selling things and realise that i'm happy with what i've got, and only buy what i need. Not what i want :)

Jake

Edited by jake_tenfloors

To stop pretending I don't need to get a smaller rig before my knees give up the ghost. Trouble is there's still a mountain of PA to shift.

Guitar player's just bought a Boogie Lonestar combo which weighs as much as a house - he refuses to push it on it's wheels so I refuse to carry it !!

For me I want to go smaller and lighter. I find the Shcroeder 1212L & GK700RB II to be far too much for use as a backline when we have an adequate PA.

Need to do a lot more research but the fact i like the GK sound means that I am leaning more towards the new digital amp. also looking into getting a compact single 10" or 12".

I like the idea of the Markbass combos but I sit my cab on a stand angled up towards me so that would mean that I would need to lean over the cab to get at the controls.

I may rig up something so that the amp is sitting on something just below the bottom of the cab.

I would like to make my 2 Warmoth basses my only basses. They are just now but I sometimes get a hankering for something else whereas in reality they do everything I need them to.

I also need to diet as well. My basses are beginning to go from usual in front position to BB King, round the side position.

I also want to start practicing myself at home. i don't remember the last time I just picked up my bass at home other than to learn a song for a gig. i could improve so much if I kept at it.

After our final gig this year which is the the twentieth of Dec we are collectivley going to ask our singer to leave. i'm not looking forward to it but it has to be done. we are constantly being told when our guitarist sings we are a good band but the sings is s..t. we/i are always looking to improve musically so i guess i'm always going to move stuff on and buy something else. when, really as a pub band the stuff i had a while back was all i needed. :)

Sell my 3 basses.

Buy either a good 2nd Jazz, maybe a P.

Start playing again from the very basics upwards.

Maybe splash out on a 2x10 and a Green Giant (or similar priced small amp) when they become available and flog my Orange Crush 35B.

Also next summer will hopefully see me finish refinishing my Les Paul copy guitar, then I can flog my Squier Tele as well.