Why become a member? ×

Helix Floor/LT/HX/Stomp/PodGo owners' Club - Tips, Ideas & Patches

Al Krow

I have three presets of my own recipe which appear to be corrupted. Every time I try to select them the Helix Floor just freezes. Rebooting brings it back to life again and all the other presets work fine. When I try to select these presets in HX Edit same result. I'd like to delete them altogether but there doesn't seem to be any way of doing this. Right clicking in HX edit doesn't have an option to delete. Anyone any ideas on how I might do this?

1 minute ago, BassBus said:

I have three presets of my own recipe which appear to be corrupted. Every time I try to select them the Helix Floor just freezes. Rebooting brings it back to life again and all the other presets work fine. When I try to select these presets in HX Edit same result. I'd like to delete them altogether but there doesn't seem to be any way of doing this. Right clicking in HX edit doesn't have an option to delete. Anyone any ideas on how I might do this?

Can you copy and paste another preset over the top of the corrupted ones?

Just going back to the new Regal (Noble) model mentioned recently. I gigged mine last night with IEMs and it sounded freaking lush. Even our drummer, who is also a bass player, commented on it. And it played very nicely with my COG Grand Tarkin in the Stomp FX loop.

I'm out again tonight and very excited to use it again.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ratman said:

Just going back to the new Regal (Noble) model mentioned recently. I gigged mine last night with IEMs and it sounded freaking lush. Even our drummer, who is also a bass player, commented on it. And it played very nicely with my COG Grand Tarkin in the Stomp FX loop.

I'm out again tonight and very excited to use it again.

Did you run it through an amp model as well or just straight out?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tauzero said:

Did you run it through an amp model as well or just straight out?

No amp, just the Regal. I’ve tried an IR after it at home and it sounded ok but on gigs its awesome by itself. 
I have tried it with an amp model but I thought it wasn’t great. 
I’ve just done tonight’s rock band 1st set and I’m still chuffed with it. I’m playing a Retrovibe 51P short scale (+Lollar p/up) ;)

I’ll post the preset when I’m home if anybody wants it. 

• Like 2

Here's the Noble preset.

Noble is always on. What's going on in the preset:

Stomp mode. FS1 is octave down on the parallel path, so it's always clean. FS2 is chorus. FS3 increases the ammount of octave/chorus in the mix.

Snapshot mode. Snap1 is clean, no effect. Snap 2 is LA2A compressor (Stomp mode FS3 also increases compression ratio), Snap 3 is FX loop L.

I have a COG Grand Tarkin in my FX loop Left for drive & dirt. You could use any external pedal you have here, or just put in a dirt/distortion block in it's place.

The FS3 mix increase will affect Octave, Chorus and Compression at the same time. I only use FS3 to make single effects wetter, for me it doesn't work well on multiple effects at once.

I have a Disaster Area Midi Baby switcher so I can flip between Stomp mode and Snapshot mode, I do this a lot, selecting a Snapshot then adding effects in Stomp mode if needed.

The EQ block at the end of the chain is for fine tuning the overall sound. Here I have a 2dB 90hz lift, and my standard 50Hz HPF and 5KHz LPF that I use everywhere.

Whenever chorus (in Stomp mode) or distortion (in Snapshot mode) is being used I can add in clean octave down (in Stomp mode).

I have a near identical copy of this preset where I took out the chorus and replaced it with an envelope filter, FS3 giving me two flavours of filter too.

NOBLE+LOOP.hlx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Question for anyone using the FX loop for IEMS.....I am using the stereo send to send my signal to the desk and taking a XLR to 1/4 inch from the desk to the L/Mono return to get a monitor mix. That's with a stereo send/return block in my patch.

All well and good with our own setup but if we're anywhere else and a sound engineer offers an IEM mix but presents an XLR cable what are the options? Would an XLR -> 1/4 jack adapter do the job or would that present an issue?

18 minutes ago, Tjhooker said:

I may be being a bit dumb but why is the noble patch in with the menu with the distortion stuff ?

It's so that they could make it available on the HX One and HX Effects, which don't have any amp models - it was confirmed by one of the Line 6 folks on another forum, although I couldn't tell you which one.

The EQ on the Regal is quite smooth and flattering - it's hard to make it sound bad, a bit like a good Baxandall EQ. The Low Cut seems a bit drastic, but I guess it depends on what else is going on in your mix.

I'm too cloth-eared to hear the secret magic harmonic tone sauce. If you really boost the signal going into the Regal, you can hear there's some hair being added -  but it seems extremely... subtle under normal conditions.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

It's interesting how people say they don't initially get on with the HX Stomp.  It happened to me 2 years ago and after a few days I returned it but never one to give up easily I've just got another and thoroughly enjoying using it.  A  quick question, has anyone successfully made a preset that emulates the slap of a double bass?

5 hours ago, obbm said:

It's interesting how people say they don't initially get on with the HX Stomp.  It happened to me 2 years ago and after a few days I returned it but never one to give up easily I've just got another and thoroughly enjoying using it.  A  quick question, has anyone successfully made a preset that emulates the slap of a double bass?

I'm about to try and do something like this myself...

I've just about got the hx to where I want it with bass guitar and want to try and use it for upright as well.

I've found recently that setting up the global eq and input impedance have helped me get closer to the tone I want (through a ampless IEM PA setup).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, hear me out...

The HX Stomp is quite tempting, but with a set of go-to pedals already it's difficult to figure out where it would sit with them. Pondering the alternative of two HX Ones at different points in the chain... It's a bit more space taken up, but easy to plan in different effects combos, and easier to power!

Costs work out much the same, so it's more a case of how much space it takes up. No need for amp Sims, so am I missing anything with this?

5 minutes ago, iamtheelvy said:

So, hear me out...

The HX Stomp is quite tempting, but with a set of go-to pedals already it's difficult to figure out where it would sit with them. Pondering the alternative of two HX Ones at different points in the chain... It's a bit more space taken up, but easy to plan in different effects combos, and easier to power!

Costs work out much the same, so it's more a case of how much space it takes up. No need for amp Sims, so am I missing anything with this?

Is it possible to do some lateral thinking with the panning on the HX Stomp so you can use the R input and output as an effects loop?

• Like 1