Why become a member? ×

Public and personal Thank You!

The Burpster

We are international crime fighters but not miracle workers!!

Well done to everyone involved, I have about caught up with the story now (it overtook me very quickly) and welcome to our friends from Warwick.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='MythSte' post='340897' date='Nov 30 2008, 02:05 AM']We need to make a pact with finnbass and take down TB. We will fight them on the fretboards![/quote]

You'll be lucky...they all seem to think we're a bunch of dicks across there :) especially Argghh, who should perhaps change his change his user name to 'Vitriol' :huh:

[quote name='thebeat' post='341027' date='Nov 30 2008, 12:15 PM']You'll be lucky...they all seem to think we're a bunch of dicks across there :) especially Argghh, who should perhaps change his change his user name to 'Vitriol' :huh:[/quote]

Two nations separated by a common language...and a differing sense of humour.

[quote name='thebeat' post='341027' date='Nov 30 2008, 12:15 PM']You'll be lucky...they all seem to think we're a bunch of dicks across there :) especially Argghh, who should perhaps change his change his user name to 'Vitriol' :huh:[/quote]
You could actually come to the forum and talk to us about the matter (and ARGH) instead of slagging us off on here.

[quote]You could actually come to the forum and talk to us about the matter (and ARGH) instead of slagging us off on here.[/quote]

Absolutely. At least you'd have an opportunity to criticise in an informed way for a change :)

Oh and apologies, this stuff doesn't belong in this thread. This thread is about a celebration and rightly so.

Edited by GreeneKing

That's not true at all. I think you'll find its more a case that people can express their opinions in the open without flame wars happening. Or getting banned. Or moderated.

It's certainly not a "them" and "us" thing, though, because a great many members on there are members here too, myself included. So it would be more accurate to say: "a lot of members of finnbass and basschat think there are a lot of dicks on basschat" :huh:

Of course, that's like any big forum though. The vast majority of users are diamonds, but there are always a couple, and generally some people like 'em, and some people hate 'em.

Edited by Wil

Thanks to everyone on BC that contributed to the shipping costs. We have £303 in the fund, so should be good to send Reuel's bass by super quick, UPS/Fedex delivery.

I'm picking the bass up tonight from Steve - I'll have it on it's way to Reuel within a day or two. :)

I must potter by more often and make myself more acquainted with the good folks here.

All the best,

Giles

[quote name='Wil' post='341230' date='Nov 30 2008, 04:47 PM']That's not true at all. I think you'll find its more a case that people can express their opinions in the open without flame wars happening. Or getting banned. Or moderated.

It's certainly not a "them" and "us" thing, though, because a great many members on there are members here too, myself included. So it would be more accurate to say: "a lot of members of finnbass and basschat think there are a lot of dicks on basschat" :)

Of course, that's like any big forum though. The vast majority of users are diamonds, but there are always a couple, and generally some people like 'em, and some people hate 'em.[/quote]

Please keep this thread on track, it was a thank you from me to those involved in retreiving Reuels bass, not a platform for open warfare between two sites...

just want everyone to know that Gman has shipped the bass and its already in my way ... he has re-strung it and included a set of Warwick EMP strings as a gift :)

the shipping cost 250 pounds and theres an extra 100 pounds that he will send to me... i could use the money (after seeing my credit card bills).

i will post proper thanks, pics and soundclips when i get it.

Good to hear Reuel.
To be honest,I often had doubts we'd ever see this day mate.I too felt like giving up more than once.It's been a hectic 6 months,but now we can finally say it's all over.
I wanted to buy this bass when Marc sold it to Jake & would've had it not been so far away.
It feels almost surreal.I'm expecting to wake up any minute now & realise it's just a dream.
You can now catch up on all those sleepless nights you're owed.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='346446' date='Dec 5 2008, 02:25 PM']Good work indeed.

There was talk in the original threads of Jake paying back the money that was donated. Assuming that this is still the case (as would be right and proper), who exactly is being paid back? Presumably the people who donated the funds in the first place? Will he also be repaying the extra £100?[/quote]

I'm an advocate of Jake paying what he owes. However, I do confess that though it may be morally correct for him to pay the extra £100 as well, I don't think that he need pay for our generosity. I would be happy for one to have the donation that I made given to a worthy charity were Jake to do 'the right thing'. Time will tell if Jake's heartfelt apology has any substance.