Left leaderboard
Al Krow

Vanderkley are better than Barefaced cabs, right?!

On 25/03/2019 at 13:56, lou24d53 said:

So after much deliberation and over a month of "too-ing" and "fro-ing" between the Barefaced Super Twin and both the Vanderkley 210LNT (initally) and 212LNT (latterly), I've just gone and pulled the trigger on a brand new BF ST...

I suppose I've taken a stab in the dark as neither are exactly prominent around these parts to get a full try out with, however with the abundance of positive reviews on here for all things BF, coupled with lightweight build and smaller footprint, of the 212LNT at least - not least the 12-month interest free payment option also - I've decided to roll the dice...

Oooooh....it's here....😎

After four long weeks......not to mention the extra two days trying to get the delivery to suit misses lou being in the house......the eagle has landed...😁

20190430_194243.jpg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Congrats indeed! What amp and bass will you be pairing it with? Come on - let's see a pic of the new rig and your bass in all its glory! 😎

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

Never even got a chance to plug in tonight, wee man in his cot...

I'll be using a Quilter BB800 and (mainly) Fender Am Standard P...but sometimes a Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn "Dudepit"...

Pictures tomorrow...👍

• Like 3

All very interesting this!  I bought into BF with a couple of used cabs - an SC Gen3 and Midget T.  The latter went in favour of another SC G3 (didn't really need/like the tweeter).  Now I've added a used Two10 and plan to keep all 3 cabs until I decide whether the retro 10" drivers suit me and my amps/basses better than the 12-inchers.  If both styles work equally well in different contexts, I'll keep/use all 3 cabs (not mixing the different driver sizes as recommended by Alex).  If the 10s turn out to be better for everything, I'll sell the SC G3s and buy another Two10.  Oh, nearly forgot about the One10 I use at home and small gigs - that's brilliant for what it does and is a keeper.  I've decided against trying other makes as I like the BF sounds, size & weight are over-riding factors for me - and life's too short!!

• Like 3