Why become a member? ×

Colours!

Pissman

[quote name='Pissman' post='316199' date='Oct 27 2008, 09:47 PM']So! What's peoples fav colour!

Gota say I love a purple bass..

I think I made this poll right...if not feel free to delete and I'll cry over my incompetence..[/quote]

what do ya think?
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16104"]The purple bass I made.[/url]

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='316426' date='Oct 28 2008, 09:13 AM']I have lots of black, and quite a few naturals (mainly Maple and Ash).
None of my choices have even remotely been driven by colour, to be honest.
Tone, feel, and playability are far more important.

But they haven't stopped this from happening!

[/quote]

If someone can show me all the colours of the rainbow in a lovely bassline then they win my love....

I chose 'other' as both my 7 string Shuker 'Doodle' and my new 6 string headless Shuker both feature flip paint.. so my basses change colour depending on how you look at them! Looks visually stunning with a high gloss wet look lacquer!

If it's a trans with a nice piece of wood or quilted maple etc then colour doesn't matter too much to me, as long as it's not too bright. But as this option isn't available I'll go with black. Love the look of say a black jazz with matching scratch plate & then a maple neck. Just love the contrast.

Well this really explains why my 'Black & White World' post fell flat. Clearly bass players like it monochrome. Should I blame the Specials and Two Tone or the Blues Brothers... ;-)

Really surprised red did so poorly as I'd love a red Rickenbacker (white binding, mmm). Surprisingly good showing for purple too which is very unpopular in regular electric guitars...