Why become a member? ×

Sales fees

bassbora

Yes I was writing my reply this morning then realised the difference - I was thinking about leap years etc and whether one would mean a day extra!

It's definitely 365 days worth whenever you decide to start the sub. It includes 365 24/7 online support from yours truly - I'm always happy to help at any time.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1480597997' post='3185716']
Yes I was writing my reply this morning then realised the difference - I was thinking about leap years etc and whether one would mean a day extra!

It's definitely 365 days worth whenever you decide to start the sub. It includes 365 24/7 online support from yours truly - I'm always happy to help at any time.
[/quote]

This is pretty geeky and nobody else really cares ( :lol: ) but how does the technical side of it work? Does paying the fee add you to a hidden user group that allows you to start a topic in the sales forums or is it something completely different? Just curious. :D

[quote name='ROConnell' timestamp='1480599538' post='3185736']
This is pretty geeky and nobody else really cares ( :lol: ) but how does the technical side of it work? Does paying the fee add you to a hidden user group that allows you to start a topic in the sales forums or is it something completely different? Just curious. :D
[/quote]

Basically yes - you get added to a database of users with a current sub so when you click 'submit' on your advert the system checks to see if you're there - if you aren't then the payment page shows. It works OK but there are a handful of people (5 now I think) who it just doesn't recognise. I can' work out why! Still, not bad after several years.

There is a question I would like to ask and I hope no one minds me asking I was wondering why it says that a donation of £20 is required when it is really compulsory to pay to sell? as I see more and more places doing this (btw I have no issues with the fee )

Edited by Thunderbird

[quote name='fleabag' timestamp='1480615017' post='3185909']
Is it possibly a tax thing ? They're not ' selling ' anything if people are making a donation.

I have no idea really but if it saves the BC big cheeses some money by wording it in their favour, good for them
[/quote]I thought that and I agree but was just curious

[quote name='bassbora' timestamp='1480665823' post='3186168']
I came across another item I have and was thinking of maybe selling. But I have no idea how much its worth. So I don't want to put a crazy price on it but I am not sure if its against the rules to pose the question.

What do the mods say about that?
[/quote]

Your best bet is to research Sold Items on Ebay or just do a Google search.
Valuation request posts on here will be taken.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1480753793' post='3186855']
If it's a leap year do you get a day free or is it £20.05?
[/quote]

Dont forget we are having 1 second longer this year too 😀

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/07/leap-second-added-year-december-time-clocks-earth-science/

[quote name='bonzodog' timestamp='1480764251' post='3186947']
Dont forget we are having 1 second longer this year too

[url="http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/07/leap-second-added-year-december-time-clocks-earth-science/"]http://news.national...-earth-science/[/url]
[/quote]
Ooh! Does that mean I get a lie-in!