Why become a member? ×

GAK sell me a second hand bass !

artisan

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1477933874' post='3165376']
well GAK are ordering me a replacement bass direct from Yamaha,i got them to supply a 5 string at the price of a 4 string,so hopefully all should be sorted in a few days.
bloody stressful carry on for a cheap bass though.
[/quote]

Have you got a time-frame for when you will be getting your replacement bass?

Bought my first Rumble combo from GAK. Came through, the front cover had obviously been removed and put back (badly), as well as a loud rattle from the unit.

Spoke to them - it was the last one in stock - so they had it collected, and I bought elsewhere.

The unit looked like it had been used - I guessed at the time it had been customer returned.

Funny thing was, a tiny bit later another BC'er bought the same model from GAK, and guess what.....the exact same issues! So it was clearly taken back and sold again!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1477933930' post='3165377']

Have you got a time-frame for when you will be getting your replacement bass?
[/quote]
They said 7 to 10 days.
I have to say they definitely have a "couldn't give a toss" attitude,I don't think I'd use them again.

[size=4]The following also aids you considerably. Fourteen days from receipt of good to reject.[/size]

[color=#05171D][font=OpenSans-Regular,]The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 require traders to give you certain information.[/font][/color][color=#05171D][font=OpenSans-Regular,]The Regulations came into force on 13 June 2014 and apply to contracts entered into on or after that date.[/font][/color][font=OpenSans-Regular,][size=5]
[size=4]Look here [url="http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations"]http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations[/url][/size][/size][/font]

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1477947626' post='3165508']
[size=4]The following also aids you considerably. Fourteen days from receipt of good to reject.[/size]

[color=#05171D][font=OpenSans-Regular,]The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 require traders to give you certain information.[/font][/color][color=#05171D][font=OpenSans-Regular,]The Regulations came into force on 13 June 2014 and apply to contracts entered into on or after that date.[/font][/color][font=OpenSans-Regular,][size=5]
[size=4]Look here [url="http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations"]http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations[/url][/size][/size][/font]
[/quote]
Thanks for the info much appreciated

I hope you get it all sorted out mate, GAK in my experience have usually been good, that was until last month when I bought some strings from them, which on the website where marked as in stock and available on a next day delivery, when nothing showed up a few emails revealed that they weren't in stock and could i wait 7 days?... Sure, 30 days later (I forgot about them at this point) the strings arrive, my complaint got me my 57p postage refunded and not a word of apology. So their "LOL SOZ M8" attitude has lost them any of my future custom.

Edited by spacecowboy

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1478006748' post='3165904']
I've found Gear for Music really good and always buy there if they have what I want. Customer service is brilliant if you don't like something.
Speak as you find I suppose.
[/quote]

+1 for gear4music - ordering is all very clear and easy, pricing is usually competitive and for my orders DPD have always been the couriers who have brilliant tracking.

Sorry to hear of your woes artisan. I've only made minor purchases from GAK. I also selected a bass for my sister, as a present to my nephew. All my transactions have been whilst visiting their shop in Brighton, And I have to say, GAK have always seemed fine to me. Helpful staff etc etc.

Hope you get the matter sorted asap and as smoothly as possible. Re Gear4music - I had real problems with them when I had something delivered! The depot was miles away from home, and not open during the hours stated on the depots' delivery docket. The item was not in the condition stated, and they just didn't want to know when the word "refund" was mentioned. I exchanged a couple of emails with them, tried phoning, but service was awful...

Best of luck

I think these big stores have got a shop or shops staffed by people into music (hopefully) but at the same time they have a warehouse and office staff based elsewhere that is run as a shipping business, the staff there could have been packing and selling fish or clothes or washing machines a week ago, possibly/probably never played a bass in their lives.

My replacement bass arrived this morning :)
Brand new in a sealed yamaha box & I have to say that I'm really impressed with it so far.
Looking forward to plugging it in once I get home from work.

I'm still £20 out of pocket for my original Saturday morning delivery that I paid extra for the first bass I received,guess I've lost that.

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1478781122' post='3171565']
My replacement bass arrived this morning :)
Brand new in a sealed yamaha box & I have to say that I'm really impressed with it so far.
Looking forward to plugging it in once I get home from work.

I'm still £20 out of pocket for my original Saturday morning delivery that I paid extra for the first bass I received,guess I've lost that.
[/quote]

why not demand that back or at least they could send you a store credit or similar.

Thanks guys I'll send them an email in the morning.

Just been playing the bass for a couple of hours & I just can't get over what a nice bass it is.
I've had some pretty expensive basses ( roscoe century) & this isn't a million miles away.
Sounds damn fine too.
Maybe I need a BB425X too :)

[quote name='artisan' timestamp='1478814439' post='3171936']
Thanks guys I'll send them an email in the morning.

Just been playing the bass for a couple of hours & I just can't get over what a nice bass it is.
I've had some pretty expensive basses ( roscoe century) & this isn't a million miles away.
Sounds damn fine too.
Maybe I need a BB425X too :)
[/quote]

And so the incurable "Y-virus" starts to spread through the victim's blood stream...