Why become a member? ×

Craig Adams - your opinions please.

darkandrew

[quote name='Dandelion' timestamp='1475399181' post='3145557']
Totally underrated and overlooked. The master of the genre.
[/quote]
I think in this country, alternative rock and its sub-genres are not given the respect they deserve. In the US for example, alternative rock / college rock has a much higher profile and many British bands and artists have been very influential in this area over the years (The Cure, The Cult, Bauhaus, Gary Numan, etc) and enjoy more recognition of their talent there than at home.

I'm not sure if the Sisters of Mercy or The Mission ever made it big over in the states but despite being fairly well established over here and in Europe, Craig Adams or his playing rarely gets a mention.

Edited by darkandrew

Love the early Sisters stuff. Alice is one of my all time favourite songs, the sound of the bass on the early stuff is excellent.

The Missions new album is pretty good too it's certainly got that old vibe about it.

A very solid bass player and often overlooked. It would be great to get an updated gear rundown from Craig.

Met Craig a number of times when playing with The Mission and Spear of Destiny and he's a lovely bloke (my brother-in-law is the current drummer for The Mission and played with Craig in Spear/Theatre of Hate in recent years too, so always go and see them if they're nearby).

[quote name='MacDaddy' timestamp='1476362916' post='3153648']

who, Sisters of Mercy? Eldritch was always particularly scathing about WGW when they have been previously asked to do it.
[/quote]

When I looked, it had Heaven 17 and The Mission as the headliners for the two days.

• 7 months later...

I went to see The Mission last night in Newcastle... Craig was using a TC Electronic BH800. It was sat on top of large rack unit and an Ampeg cab... not what I was expecting. The sound was okay and Craig was rock solid. It didn't look very rock n roll but I don't suppose the rest of the audience noticed.

• 2 years later...

I hope its not too late to comment on this thread.  I just joined a few minutes ago.  Love, love, love Craig Adams, ever since The Sisters of Mercy.  Always loved his dirty, scuzzy, style of bass. I am a guitar player, but am currently learning the bass (not as easy as people think it is to play),  Some people can learn the bass, but to truly master it is another thing.  I am from Minneapolis, Minnesota (USA) and hope that's okay.  My friend and I saw the Mission UK September 6th 2013 in Toronto, Canada, at Lee's Palace.  Best show I ever saw. Love the Mission UK.  I think that Craig Adams is one of the most underrated bassists today. The Sisters wouldn't have been with out his bass contributions.  Not to mention how young Craig was when he joined the Sisters!

Edited by Barbara Lodermeier