Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

This is what it looks like right now.
I´ve ordered a Pedaltrain Jr though and will try to fit all the pedals I need on that one, wich I know will be impossible.... :)

Subblaster + Bassballs is a match made in heaven...!!
The TS9 is a reissue with a bassmod, the SD9 is Japanese 80´s original wich also has been modded to let thru more bass.
Sorry to say, I can´t tell what kind of mods were made, but it sounds great.

This has been a long time coming!

So here is the board I use Live with Torn:

All on a Pedaltrain PT-2, and powered by a Diago Powerstation and a Johnny Shredfreak supply (exact same unit). I could power the whole board with one unit, but then I lose a plug off of my daisy chain and would have to lose a pedal from the board.

Signal Chain is:
X2 Wireless>Korg DT-10>Catalinbread SFT>TB loop (OC-2)>X-Blender (Swollen Pickle clone>MSD Earthquaker Bass Wah)>Subdecay Prometheus>Analogman Chorus

The next lot aren't in any particular configuration, as I don't have enough George L's to wire up another couple of boards

Original Visual Sound Visual Volume Pedal
Original Digitech WH1 Whammy
Crowther Prunes and Custard
Line 6 Echo Park
Atomic EchoClone (The guts of an original Way Huge Aqua Puss just in a different enclosure)
Catalinbread Valcoder
Burkey Flatliner in the background
All on a Pedaltrain PT-JR

Just a couple more pedals I got laying around:
Original Musitronics Mu-Tron III (1972 I believe)
EHX NYC BassBalls (For Sale)
MojoHand/ToneFactor TalkBass edition Cream Pie
Montgomery Appliances '77 Flanger (Clone of the original A/DA Flanger with a couple improvements like True Bypass, LEDs etc)

And just for fun here's a (blurry) pic of the whole lot:

I see you're not using the SFT in the blend loop, so im guessing it sits in the mix ok? Ive been looking whether to get that pedal but i keep hearing mixed things about it. Id probably be using it more on the low gain side I think.

[quote name='deej' post='774615' date='Mar 14 2010, 07:53 PM']I see you're not using the SFT in the blend loop, so im guessing it sits in the mix ok? Ive been looking whether to get that pedal but i keep hearing mixed things about it. Id probably be using it more on the low gain side I think.[/quote]

It sits fine. There is more than enough low end response. The tone is just lovely. Sounds the dogs testicles through my AG500!

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='776313' date='Mar 16 2010, 02:52 PM']Don't museum that Mu-Tron man, get it on your board![/quote]

I had it modded to take an Boss 9V DC input (using some clever virtual battery jiggery-pokery from The GigRig) so it's an option as it can be daisy chained. But it's huge! The Bypass is terrible. No LED either. It does sound bloody amazing though!! The Prometheus just works better for me live because it's more versatile. I have an Envelope Filter capable of Mu-Tron territory, which is small, TB, has an LED, can do auto wah and step filter as well as fixed frequency sounds too. I'd be stupid to use the Mu-Tron instead of that :)

And yes that was Toasted's old wah. I love it. Great range of tones that suit different styles, I'd put it in between a 105Q and a Morley Dual Bass Wah in sound capability, but is better than both has it has the auto on/off thing when you step on the pedal like those two, but it's not on a spring so can be left open in whatever position you want, and turned on/off with the stomp switch! Fantastic design IMO!

[quote]And yes that was Toasted's old wah. I love it. Great range of tones that suit different styles, I'd put it in between a 105Q and a Morley Dual Bass Wah in sound capability, but is better than both has it has the auto on/off thing when you step on the pedal like those two, but it's not on a spring so can be left open in whatever position you want, and turned on/off with the stomp switch! Fantastic design IMO![/quote]

Been gassing for one for a while now, don't really need it - my EBS One suits me fine - but it looks and 'sounds' like it would be brill. If I was to fall into some money then maybe.....

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='780272' date='Mar 19 2010, 09:59 PM']Have 4 small additions coming over the next 4 weeks. 2 custom builds, one boutique and one mass Market. The board is going to kick bottom! Can't wait.[/quote]

Same here :). 3 additions for me. 1 custom(ish), 1 boutique (kind of) and 1 mass market. Updates coming soon :rolleyes:.

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='780321' date='Mar 19 2010, 10:59 PM']Same here :). 3 additions for me. 1 custom(ish), 1 boutique (kind of) and 1 mass market. Updates coming soon :rolleyes:.[/quote]

hmm, not quite able to match that, but one lovely s/h boutique arrived earlier in the week, and just need one more, when i can find one fro sale, and i'm new, spangley and improved too!

Know what you mean - I bought a Haz Mutron and shifted it on because it was massive!!

I bought a Subdecay Prometheus for some funky squelch but have to admit that it is playing second fiddle to the Chunk Systems Agent 00 Funk Mark II at the moment.

Can you give me some idea of the knob settings you use on the Prometheus to get a squelchy Mutron type sound?

[quote name='Higgie' post='776895' date='Mar 17 2010, 03:46 AM']I had it modded to take an Boss 9V DC input (using some clever virtual battery jiggery-pokery from The GigRig) so it's an option as it can be daisy chained. But it's huge! The Bypass is terrible. No LED either. It does sound bloody amazing though!! The Prometheus just works better for me live because it's more versatile. I have an Envelope Filter capable of Mu-Tron territory, which is small, TB, has an LED, can do auto wah and step filter as well as fixed frequency sounds too. I'd be stupid to use the Mu-Tron instead of that :)

And yes that was Toasted's old wah. I love it. Great range of tones that suit different styles, I'd put it in between a 105Q and a Morley Dual Bass Wah in sound capability, but is better than both has it has the auto on/off thing when you step on the pedal like those two, but it's not on a spring so can be left open in whatever position you want, and turned on/off with the stomp switch! Fantastic design IMO![/quote]