Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

67F5A936-BD20-46C4-854C-9587C853FA70.thumb.jpeg.41f2caf9c0bc28df8eea87e9d6277534.jpeg
2023 was the year I put together my first ever pedal board…

2024 update…

IMG_0636.thumb.jpeg.29ae1bedd8e4a6d529cd429176f75695.jpeg

Gone: 

barbershop clone

tube preamp (in for repairs)

Barber Linden (not yet made it on board! )

Bass boost chorus(sold)

Pitchblack tuner (sold)

vong (sold) 

miniXO (traded)

Added:

providence Anadime bass chorus - utterly lush

the iron man - my homage to the ss/bs mini 

Aion L4 preamp - Moog designed two channel thing, the green channel is what became the pierce preamp.

zoom ms70cdr - the most cost effective way to get reverb and delay - mainly for the c4 sounds need to see how much use it gets

looper - because the zoom has a bit of tone suck

• Like 12

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

67F5A936-BD20-46C4-854C-9587C853FA70.thumb.jpeg.41f2caf9c0bc28df8eea87e9d6277534.jpeg
2023 was the year I put together my first ever pedal board…

2024 update…

IMG_0636.thumb.jpeg.29ae1bedd8e4a6d529cd429176f75695.jpeg

Gone: 

barbershop clone

tube preamp (in for repairs)

Barber Linden (not yet made it on board! )

Bass boost chorus(sold)

Pitchblack tuner (sold)

vong (sold) 

miniXO (traded)

Added:

providence Anadime bass chorus - utterly lush

the iron man - my homage to the ss/bs mini 

Aion L4 preamp - Moog designed two channel thing, the green channel is what became the pierce preamp.

zoom ms70cdr - the most cost effective way to get reverb and delay - mainly for the c4 sounds need to see how much use it gets

looper - because the zoom has a bit of tone suck

C4 before compressor? Hows rhat work out?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lidl e said:

C4 before compressor? Hows rhat work out?

Fine. It was pragmatic to start with as downloading some folks patches they would be so loud! So I would use it like a limiter to stop me blowing my ears off. 
In my mind the filter effects work best with an uncompressed signal, though that might be backward justifying what was me just trying not to blow my ears off!! 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Fine. It was pragmatic to start with as downloading some folks patches they would be so loud! So I would use it like a limiter to stop me blowing my ears off. 
In my mind the filter effects work best with an uncompressed signal, though that might be backward justifying what was me just trying not to blow my ears off!! 

Aye, some of the patches are crazy loud.

• Like 1

After stupidly selling off all my pedals and going for a digital multi effects pedal type thing I realised my mistake and bought a small limited amount of stuff I will actually use. 

Compressor - Overdrive - Chorus for those 80s moments - GR preamp / Di. Simples.

DSC_0001 (9).JPG

• Like 10

image.thumb.png.408b78724d9b6201f2749bdce89b1efb.png

Looks chaotic but I'm trialling ideas with pedals in my arsenal.  I'm wanting to get an early Cheap Trick/Tom Petersson tone, which was achieved with valve guitar amp set ups.  I'm also trying to introduce the illusion of 12 string bass but that is secondary. 

Tonebone (splitter) / Fishman Platinum Pro (HPF/tuner) / TC Bright Spark (Drive) / TC Plethora X5 (effects) > Tech Soundsystems Blackcat amp. 

I'm using the Tonebone to send the output straight to the front input of the ampamp, whilst taking a parallel out (from the Tonebone tuner out) to the Fishman and effects.  The Fishman has a HPF which I have maxxed out so that this parallel signal has as little bottom end as possible; I have the option to EQ this signal but not found it necessary yet.  The signal then goes to either the Plethora (for Chorus+Octave or Flanger and the option of the Spectracomp Compression) first and then the Bright Spark or vice versa... unsure if I have a preference for which first/last.  The output from here goes to the rear of the amp where there is an attenuated input which I can decide how much of this affected signal is bled in.  The good thing is the the effected signal volume/blend can be adjusted from the Fishman and/or the adjustment on the amp rear and it is not affected by increases in preamp gain or output gain.  Turning up the input gain gets me more of the 'clean' signal without adding the effected chain.  

• Like 8

Love the plethora. I don't think it's a big hit with the buying public. I have the X3.

I've a power supply that will run the plethora as well as a bunch of pedals. It's great not having to bring around extra power supply. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warwickhunt said:

image.thumb.png.408b78724d9b6201f2749bdce89b1efb.png

Looks chaotic but I'm trialling ideas with pedals in my arsenal.  I'm wanting to get an early Cheap Trick/Tom Petersson tone, which was achieved with valve guitar amp set ups.  I'm also trying to introduce the illusion of 12 string bass but that is secondary. 

Tonebone (splitter) / Fishman Platinum Pro (HPF/tuner) / TC Bright Spark (Drive) / TC Plethora X5 (effects) > Tech Soundsystems Blackcat amp. 

I'm using the Tonebone to send the output straight to the front input of the ampamp, whilst taking a parallel out (from the Tonebone tuner out) to the Fishman and effects.  The Fishman has a HPF which I have maxxed out so that this parallel signal has as little bottom end as possible; I have the option to EQ this signal but not found it necessary yet.  The signal then goes to either the Plethora (for Chorus+Octave or Flanger and the option of the Spectracomp Compression) first and then the Bright Spark or vice versa... unsure if I have a preference for which first/last.  The output from here goes to the rear of the amp where there is an attenuated input which I can decide how much of this affected signal is bled in.  The good thing is the the effected signal volume/blend can be adjusted from the Fishman and/or the adjustment on the amp rear and it is not affected by increases in preamp gain or output gain.  Turning up the input gain gets me more of the 'clean' signal without adding the effected chain.  

… do you find you have any earthing issues with the loop out/return of the Tonebone at all?

I don't actually use the loop out as I don't want the parallel 'spur' coming back into the Tonebone.  It goes from the tuner out, to the other pedals and from the out of the last pedal to a separate input on the amp (as opposed to summed back into the Tonebone).  No earthing issues when I did try the loop however.  

• Thanks 1

My latest go at a pedalboard.  I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the X5 effects, but at present no OD hence the MXR (Inserted using the FX loop between the octaver and chorus, the X5 is chained R to L).  The X5 tuner does not cope with a low B hence the KORG at the front of the chain.

I have a lot more tweaking to do with the settings on each of the X5 toneprints to dial in my 'perfect' sound.

And I need to sort a wider board so the KORG is not sideways! (Slight OCD).

Sam x

PX5.thumb.jpg.6056a02d46d64b09389ed45c711d6880.jpg

Edited by SamIAm
  • Like 11

24 minutes ago, SamIAm said:

My latest go at a pedalboard.  I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of the X5 effects, but at present no OD hence the MXR (Inserted using the FX loop between the octaver and chorus, the X5 is chained R to L).  The X5 tuner does not cope with a low B hence the KORG at the front of the chain.

I have a lot more tweaking to do with the settings on each of the X5 toneprints to dial in my 'perfect' sound.

Sam x

Love the simplicity of that board Sam! 😍👌

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SamIAm said:

Sam x

I just ordered a korg pitchblack x mini tuner as well because the plethora tuner isnt great. And it will also be going on my board sideways! I do have a perfect slot for it, but yeah, sideways....

To me, the plethora big selling point is no OD. I like my own analog drives in front of it.

This board is close to my compact but i have the x3 instead of x5 and outboard compressor and C4

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, lidl e said:

i have the x3 instead of x5

The X3 would probably hit all my needs (with an external OD and tuner) give me a smaller board, but I like the X5's capability to insert my OD where I want. Such a shame the X3 has no FX loop.

Sam x

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SamIAm said:

The X3 would probably hit all my needs (with an external OD and tuner) give me a smaller board, but I like the X5's capability to insert my OD where I want. Such a shame the X3 has no FX loop.

Sam x

Ya, it is a glaring con, but the only one.i really love it and think TC hit a home run.

And the tuner!

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, lidl e said:

Ya, it is a glaring con, but the only one.i really love it and think TC hit a home run.

And the tuner!

Pix? Go on go on go on :)

Sam x

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SamIAm said:

Pix? Go on go on go on :)

Sam x

I've posted it before.

Korg tuner should be here on Monday. You can see exactly where it will go, although i might swap the placement of the dmc and the freeze.

Never had sideways pedals before, i dont love them but it really works in this config

20240316_215750.thumb.jpg.ee04fcc6576b97bea6e0db36c0590336.jpg

• Like 6

IMG_0768.thumb.jpeg.621592278ad1e085c7369d1177a99f7f.jpeg
A simplified version of my board based on our current set needs. Channel 1 on the tri mixer is just the octamizer, channel 2 is the WA mutation phasor followed by the grape phaser ( I discovered the two together sound super funky. The grape is very mid heavy with faster mod rates and the mutation is more bass heavy and slower), channel 3 is the fuzz followed by the fwonkbeta (together it’s devastating). Channel 1 & 3 thru a double 18 bin will make you evacuate your bowels! Think Gary Numan polymoog on steroids. HoF at the end, also because the toneprint I use has reverb and chorus… nice bonus. Then off to FoH with a Radial stagebug. Oh, and spectracomp uses the Captain East toneprint which is the best comp I’ve heard. 

• Like 13

New 12x8’’ board from Bastow Pedalboards. Very nice sturdy build with good clearance underneath. Running the stomp on the CAPO’s post loop. Doom2 and Octabvre are in the Stomp’s FX loop. My tone toys from clean, gritty and synthy stuff :D
IMG_1037.thumb.jpeg.1effcf46b368b1246307a90caed4d3c9.jpeg

IMG_1018.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

Edited by Chadu25
  • Like 12

Here's the latest iteration of my pedalboard.  Much simpler than my previous one as I decided to just build presets in the MS-3.  The only exception to that is the Wampler mini, as I didn't want to sacrifice one of the four effects in the Boss on a compressor.  I've also added the Bright Onions DFM2 to facilitate easy switching.  I've kept my trusty Providence Dual Bass Station (powered by the Gigrig 12V adapter underneath) as I always take and play two basses to each gig.

I went for a Rockboard Tres 3.0 so I could add the Mod 2 patch bay, which allows for the basses to be plugged into A and B and then sent to the amp via D.  The USB allows me to charge the Rockboard power supply fitted to the tray underneath.

All neat and tidy :)

IMG_3916.jpeg

IMG_3918.jpeg

IMG_3919.jpeg

IMG_3920.jpeg

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 5