Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

1 hour ago, admiralchew said:

They're all Rockboards. In the bottom picture, the two big boards at the top are Rockboard 4.3s, I think, the Broughton and IE boards are 4.1s, the 3 Leaf and EAE boards are 2.2s and the Noble one is either a 2.1 or 2.0. I really like them for routing options, they fit power boards easily and they're sturdy. The only thing I dislike is that the size up (so extra space at the top/bottom) doesn't really assist if you have top-jack pedals because of where the gaps are for wires. I'm not sure I want to go for three rows though!

I've got on more 4.3 board sat here, power connected but waiting for pedals. I have a couple of plans but they may take a while to do, so I though I'd share these pictures now.

they look good, my board (singular!) is a voodoo labs small ex, and was comparing it last night on rock boards online thingy and the 4.1 are a handy size - but very deep front to back!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, admiralchew said:

If there was any doubt whether I am a pedal obsessive it's been dispelled since I suffered a shoulder injury. I've played less bass so I found a different bass-related outlet: building boards! I recently put together a European board using excellent versions of each type of pedal I play using only European manufacturers, and using each manufacturer no more than once. The board, power supplies and cables are European too. I think only the velcro isn't (I went for American dual lock instead of Swiss velcro).

EuropeanBoard-Front.thumb.jpg.cc5388efbb394eeddf462800ec26f9de.jpg

EuropeanBoard-Back.thumb.jpg.fb528326a25c97dc1d41e58099f957cf.jpg

I've been meaning to put together the European board since August but was waiting on a particular pedal. Ultimately I gave up (and it shipped today!!). In the meantime I put together other themed boards by manufacturer (Broughton, Iron Ether, Caveman, Noble and Cali76 (it may as well be one brand!), EAE and 3 Leaf):

ThemedBoards.thumb.jpg.67c70420e9eda63c4da4ec56327bc3b5.jpg

Here's a photo of all of the assembled boards (save that the BC1 is being used on the European board so that Caveman board has disappeared):

BigBoards.thumb.jpg.7c032f7b84d3d8e2d213cc63a4526115.jpg

This is wonderful! 🥰🤩🥰

As a swimmer and bassist I wish you a swift recovery! 🙏

• Thanks 1

I’m now running a guitar (right) and bass (left) board as it got annoying having to tweak settings etc.

IMG_8997.thumb.jpeg.00d75e7e7dd8f079a8824e40e05f7cd5.jpeg

It’s good having the GT1000core upfront with easy access. Makes it much easier to use the looper and tap tempo etc if needed. 

On the guitar board I’ve got the OC5 set up so Direct signal goes to the OxEAE then Channel 1 on the Dwarf. Then using the other output from the OC5 with the -1 and +1 signal to Channel 2 of the Dwarf. Really cool, means I can run them through separate signal chains and prevent it messing with the OxEAE texture control.

IMG_8998.thumb.jpeg.6c05622f60f8d0a312d9fab07aedf1d7.jpeg

Boss stuff gets a lot of stick but they make some great gear.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

they look good, my board (singular!) is a voodoo labs small ex, and was comparing it last night on rock boards online thingy and the 4.1 are a handy size - but very deep front to back!

Oh that's interesting; I've only really used these boards but I think I would find the upper row being lower down a bit too shallow to operate easily. I like the patchbays too so whatever gives them room to work is fine by me! Here's a picture to gauge depth:

BroughtonBoard-Back.thumb.jpg.078eb496c41c8e52608b9924ec04c392.jpg

1 hour ago, keziahj said:

This is wonderful! 🥰🤩🥰

As a swimmer and bassist I wish you a swift recovery! 🙏

Thank you very much on both counts!

19 hours ago, MrDinsdale said:

Heck! That’s an amazing haul. I think there’s just about every pedal I’ve ever gassed over on one of those boards!

Thanks very much. That's high praise coming from you too! Your boards are always amazing.

It's taken me years to get some of the pedals, particularly the Iron Ether ones. Thanks to @Gwilym for helping me out on those and thanks to @Bunion @GisserD and @Brian45 on the 3 Leaf/Pike front. This is a great pedal community and that is terrible for my pedal GAS. Thanks all!

I have one more 4.3 board sat idle at the moment so this may well not be the last pedalboard post.

• Like 3

After a few years of multi-fx I've discovered (mostly) what f/x I like to use and decided to have a go using physical pedals.  Took it along to a jam evening on Thursday to have a play and it does produce some really nice sounds.  I'm using 9v batteries for power (button batteries for the tuner) to save the weight of a PSU.  It could do with a volume pedal and perhaps a chorus & reverb ... tho at that point it outgrows the pedalboard I've got and also starts to come in quite heavy.

Sam x

PedalBoard.thumb.jpg.94740cbc6f888a5e8230002e452f0caf.jpg

Edited by SamIAm
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, SamIAm said:

After a few years of multi-fx I've discovered (mostly) what f/x I like to use and decided to have a go using physical pedals.  Took it along to a jam evening on Thursday to have a play and it does produce some really nice sounds.  I'm using 9v batteries for power (button batteries for the tuner) to save the weight of a PSU.  It could do with a volume pedal and perhaps a chorus & reverb ... tho at that point it outgrows the pedalboard I've got and also starts to come in quite heavy.

Sam x

PedalBoard.thumb.jpg.94740cbc6f888a5e8230002e452f0caf.jpg

The post were Sam has nothing she hasn’t programmed herself in some way!! 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I think @admiralchew has won.

Can we close this thread now.

Haha, please don’t! My shoulder’s still got a couple of months to recover and I need to do something bass-related with my time!

2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

Nah, he’s got at least one more board to build first!

That’s the plan at least.

Decided to create some more space and make the whole tuning thing a bit easier by shrinking back my wah.

There's a small piece of me that still wants to mess with an alternative reverb option, but actually I use three different settings on the h9 and I love the blackhole algo.

Probably need to tidy the underside at some point....it's a right mess now 😂✌️

_20240302_145238.thumb.JPG.a8a54e944d3a92f4176c1e3821e928ed.JPG

• Like 7

Something terrible has happened...

... I have a space on my pedalboard!

After receiving the GC Pro and doing a big reshuffle, I decided to take my expression pedal off the board (I always use one, which has always been on the board, and have another two which I use and and off, mainly for recording). The revelation of having the space can mean only one thing... it must be filled by one large, or two small pedals. Aghhhhhhh.

Given that the only thing I was truly lusting over was a WMD Protostar, and the chances of finding one are VERY low... oh what a terrible position to be in :(

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, pantherairsoft said:

After receiving the GC Pro and doing a big reshuffle, I decided to take my expression pedal off the board (I always use one, which has always been on the board, and have another two which I use and and off, mainly for recording). The revelation of having the space can mean only one thing... it must be filled by one large, or two small pedals. Aghhhhhhh.

Given that the only thing I was truly lusting over was a WMD Protostar, and the chances of finding one are VERY low... oh what a terrible position to be in :(

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

Sick 4 altoids tins on there 😂

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, pantherairsoft said:

IMG_8035.jpg

IMG_8036.jpg

You could always ask the leader of the band - vocalist.

• Haha 1

Just received the moose sledgehammer... Oooff! this is a monster of a Rat variant ,super versatile .

I don't have the lows like that on the B7k, must have caught the knob

IMG_20240304_135946.thumb.jpg.19068fe939b7cff4d09c9e56f0fc81d8.jpg

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 6

...so in the thread I started the other day we started posting sound-clips (slightly dodgy in my case) from our pedal boards:

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/490056-moving-in-effective-circles/

...there are some amazing boards on this thread that I would love to hear some sounds from 🙂 hint hint - although maybe that needs to be a new thread?

• Like 2

Well the topic said 'post your pedalboard' - so that is exactly what I am doing!!

WHAT a beast!

Always wanted Moog Taurus pedals - never could afford them. Behringer (despite what everyone says about them) have nailed the Taurus. Landed a mint set of Roland PK5A pedals on fleabay, i am already blown away... 

Now all I need a 2000w amp and a couple of 8x10 cabs...and brace myself for the ASBO!

20240308_145844.thumb.jpg.9e72b8bd89fcdf35fd81e1825eb7a9b0.jpg20240308_145853.thumb.jpg.66cb2e1f7be53e3e585c9b85ebb88a83.jpg

Edited by disgrace of bass
Extra text
  • Like 11