Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

My new public transportation/gigging board. 

I think i really packed as much functionality as i can in a small footprint.

Will test it out tonight, but been planning it for a while.

20240103_172652.thumb.jpg.46c37a57aee8ac48cececfc971b60575.jpg

• Like 14

P_20240104_205817.thumb.jpg.4ff6f4b1ae72759e27e0f424a764b141.jpgMany changes over the years, now in a 19inch sized Thon case.

Bass > Gate (decimator) > Compressor > Tuner splits bypass into the amp (Aguilar db750) and output channel to the Verellen preamp that runs to the effect return of the amp.

Edited by Bolo
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Bolo said:

P_20240104_205817.thumb.jpg.4ff6f4b1ae72759e27e0f424a764b141.jpgMany changes over the years, now in a 19inch sized Thon case.

Bass > Gate (decimator) > Compressor > Tuner splits bypass into the amp (Aguilar db750) and output channel to the Verellen preamp that runs to the effect return of the amp.

So nice. Any board with a Meatsmoke probs wins the day to be honest. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 03/01/2024 at 17:30, lidl e said:

LOVE this!

Sam x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/01/2024 at 17:30, lidl e said:

Nice!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Nice!

Cheers, bud.

Thansk for the help with the plethora.  Ive got it pretty dialled in now as far as operation. 

Stil need to figure out how to control the C4 and the plethora simultaneously with the DMC. I know there's a way!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lidl e said:

Cheers, bud.

Thansk for the help with the plethora.  Ive got it pretty dialled in now as far as operation. 

Stil need to figure out how to control the C4 and the plethora simultaneously with the DMC. I know there's a way!

Good luck with that 😂

My midi skills never really got off the ground 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maidens97 said:

My 2024 board (for now) picked up the HX stomp other day and I am super impressed with it. It’s replaced everything on my board, including a cali76 compressor! 

IMG_7916.jpeg

Just to throw it out there (and I don’t know why I’m pushing my unsolicited advice around) but if you were to ever switch to the following wireless

https://www.nuxaudio.com/b8.html (which could be considered a downgrade given the great reviews I hear about the Shure but who knows)

It would allow you to run the Helix in the loop of the wireless and use the xlr out, there by making an even tidier more versatile setup.

Anyway….. carry on

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tayste_2000 said:

Just to throw it out there (and I don’t know why I’m pushing my unsolicited advice around) but if you were to ever switch to the following wireless

https://www.nuxaudio.com/b8.html (which could be considered a downgrade given the great reviews I hear about the Shure but who knows)

It would allow you to run the Helix in the loop of the wireless and use the xlr out, there by making an even tidier more versatile setup.

Anyway….. carry on

That wireless looks incredible!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tayste_2000 said:

Anyway….. carry on

that does sound like a great idea, if I ever need to swap wireless for some reason I’ll consider that! The Shure unit is absolutely solid though and runs at 5.8ghz so I feel a lot more confident with that as I’ve had issues with cheaper units in the past using 2.4ghz 

• Like 1

Here's my post-Christmas board. The Monomyth courtesy of my wife replaces an EHX Battalion that died on me and the Polytone Noir replaces a cheap Kliq tuner that started introducing distortion for some reason. Spectracomp I've had for a long time. Sounds absolutely killer. 

2024-01-11 13.53.55.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ordep said:

yes and yes. Thanks mate. 

How does that work, controlling the Zoom with that footswitch?

You just plug it into the USB port and it works, or how?

I got an Zoom MS-CDR70 that I would love being able to swap patches on up and down.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

How does that work, controlling the Zoom, with that footswitch?

You just plug it into the USB port and it works, or how?

I got an Zoom MS-CDR70 that I would love being able to swap patches on up and down.

For the Zoom it is just to cycle thru the patches. 1A is for the 1st patch, 1B 2nd…

You will have instant access to about 32 patches.

It comes with a wireless dongle (encircled one is for the Zoom, the other one is for MIDI port devices), you just need to connect it to a USB powersource and then connect a USB A to USB mini cable

IMG_1499.jpeg

IMG_1500.jpeg

Edited by ordep
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, maidens97 said:

that does sound like a great idea, if I ever need to swap wireless for some reason I’ll consider that! The Shure unit is absolutely solid though and runs at 5.8ghz so I feel a lot more confident with that as I’ve had issues with cheaper units in the past using 2.4ghz 

Yeah wasn’t sure if yours was the older 2.4 model in which case it would be a lateral move.

Since you have the 5.8 it’s a downgrade.

Surprisingly this is a brand new unit and they do 5.8 for some IEM packs but chose to go with 2.4 for this 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ordep said:

For the Zoom it is just to cycle thru the patches. 1A is for the 1st patch, 1B 2nd…

You will have instant access to about 32 patches.

It comes with a wireless dongle (encircled one is for the Zoom, the other one is for MIDI port devices), you just need to connect it to a USB powersource and then connect a USB A to USB mini cable

IMG_1499.jpeg

Thanks a lot, this is great.

Makes the Zoom multi stomp so much more useful.

Can you scroll both up and down the patches though, or only forward?

Also I am bit confused why the USB dongle would go into the power supply, isn't it supposed to sit in the USB plug of the Zoom?

So you can't just use an USB cable going from the USB port in the M-Vave to the USB port of the Zoom?

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 1