Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 22/11/2023 at 19:53, Sibob said:

Put together a couple of pedalboards over the last couple of days:

A kinda secondary ‘fly-board’ to my main board:

72B4A95A-6014-4129-87B0-CCA81B3668F1.thumb.jpeg.506d7bfc3aa1250990aca8e84a2cad5a.jpeg

This is somewhat in flux as I figure out the spacing and what I can manage to fit. The OC2 will likely change for an MXR Octave Deluxe, love the OC2 for recording, but for live use, the MXR is huge sounding. The Flashback has a Chorus toneprint on it, my OCD would like a Corona Chorus in there (or some other 1590a bass chorus perhaps, basically not a ‘Delay’ pedal), but it would just be chucking money after something to do exactly the same sound haha. The COG 66 will almost certainly be swapped for a Fuzz, and pretty sure I can fit a 1590B pedal there, so plenty of choice. 
Powered by a Cioks Sol.

Second board is one for a metal project I’m trying to learn some tunes for, may as well get the sounds right to practice them to:

799A91D6-F2F7-456A-B8D4-7C1AE09C2C26.thumb.jpeg.e3b1a017c9120e614afb7181cda8b8e4.jpeg

The MXR compressor is supreme, these Studio Compressors are exactly the same as the Bass Compressor, just a different box. And the Fuzzrocious Cat Tail (with Clean Blend) is just awesome into the v1 Sansamp.

Powered by a small Diego thing. I want to get a EBS 4-port power daisy chain….just because the ones here really stick out.

Both are Pedaltrain Nanos.

Si

I'm still on that endless perfect dirt quest - the Fuzzrocious Cat Tail (with Clean Blend) has been on my radar for a little while. Any clips of what it sounds like in a band mix Si? Also where did you get that particular model from - the ones online don't seem to feature quite such compact housing?

10 minutes ago, Smanth said:

Cool!

What is it sitting on?

S'manth x

It’s the top section of a Holeyboard, it’s a clever wee design allowing you to use cable ties to secure, chop & change the set up. I’m thinking of going for Velcro on a home made board though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swills said:

It’s the top section of a Holeyboard, it’s a clever wee design allowing you to use cable ties to secure, chop & change the set up. I’m thinking of going for Velcro on a home made board though. 

Ta muchly!

I'm also in the process (amongst far too many other things when I should actually be practicing bass playing!) of making my own pedalboard; 3D printed ... I've done it before (But it melted away in my fire) and like the built in handle of yours ... might have to incorporate something like it :)

S'manth x

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Al Krow said:

I'm still on that endless perfect dirt quest - the Fuzzrocious Cat Tail (with Clean Blend) has been on my radar for a little while. Any clips of what it sounds like in a band mix Si? Also where did you get that particular model from - the ones online don't seem to feature quite such compact housing?

Hey bud,

Mine is a custom shop job from Ryan at Fuzzrocious direct. Cat Tail + Clean Blend in a 1590B enclosure. When he did mine, he also built two others to the same spec, but they got snapped up pretty quick:

95E06636-6CC0-474B-8DA9-2D2A13735D0C.jpeg.4957deb9ec461fab2735f4795c93d97c.jpeg

All that to say that I’m sure Ryan would build another. 

The Cat Tail are a tweaked Rat pedal ‘on steroids’ with variable clipping in the Highs and Lows (the 1 & 2 controls), Diode switching, and then the standard Rat controls (plus clean blend in my case. They were previously called Rat Tails before Pro Co threw a wobbler.

Probably loads of band recordings of them, but none that I know of specifically, other than I definitely know Brian Cook uses a standard (ie no clean blend) Rat/Cat Tail as an ‘always on’ for Sumac, so you can hear it in the various vids of them live (such as below). That said, he’s tuned down to low G or something, so might not give you an accurate impression of what you’d be getting with your setup haha.

50 minute set….4 songs 🤘
Si

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mr4stringz said:

Now there’s a player that always has epic tones in whichever band he’s playing in at any given moment.

Agreed, him and Liam Wilson of Dillinger Escape Plan/John Frum/Azusa/In Flames

Si

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, keziahj said:

IMG_1543.thumb.jpeg.cd71a1924338b80e68ceb70f0a774c6a.jpeg

If I want it to, it sounds so brutal and so fierce, but it also can do pretty much anything else. It also works great on my son’s guitar! 👾🌶️👾

Only one thing on here I know (and like a lot) : the sonic stomp.  Dial it in until you just here the slightest difference between on/off and this pedal is pure gold. Grtz, Marc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hemdee666 said:

Only one thing on here I know (and like a lot) : the sonic stomp.  Dial it in until you just here the slightest difference between on/off and this pedal is pure gold. Grtz, Marc. 

What does it do (honest question)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, peteb said:

Can you be a bit more specific? 

Some people say it’s just a (basic) eq and not worth the money. For me it does what keziahj said. Makes your sound ‘’brighter’’. Opens it up, like as if there was a blanket being lifted of your amp. Difficult to explain huh? You have to hear it. 🤪 grtz, Marc. 

32 minutes ago, hemdee666 said:

Some people say it’s just a (basic) eq and not worth the money. For me it does what keziahj said. Makes your sound ‘’brighter’’. Opens it up, like as if there was a blanket being lifted of your amp. Difficult to explain huh? You have to hear it. 🤪 grtz, Marc. 

It´s a "mastering effect" - in addition to the EQthing it does something with the phase of the incoming signal (is this correct English ins this context...). It really does lift the blanket AND makes it - in a tasteful way- a little bit more punchy, more distinct sounding. I have it on every board. Not even with my SA EQ2 I could reproduce all of it´s impact. It's magical. :)

Edited by keziahj
  • Like 1

I’m managing FX GAS (poorly). Microthumpinator, tuner and compressor to start, then the wonderful grizzly that is an always on subtle overdrive. 
Then the EBS Billy Sheehan Ultimate came onto my radar. Why? I’m far from sure but it gives me proper distortion if I should ever need it and has an FX loop in both clean and dirty channels. A switch in the dirty means the BS is always on and an Xotic RC Bass Boost gives me just that in the clean loop. 
Then I thought I’d try an octave pedal to fill on some sonic space. I’ve experimented with both a Sub n Up and a Micro POG and the POG won. 
So I have a great clean sound, boost that adds colour, mild  distortion and not so mild with the BS boosted. 
IMG_3747.thumb.jpeg.ef66712ca18497cef947c6a9c701c21d.jpeg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GreeneKing said:

I’m managing FX GAS (poorly). Microthumpinator, tuner and compressor to start, then the wonderful grizzly that is an always on subtle overdrive. 
Then the EBS Billy Sheehan Ultimate came onto my radar. Why? I’m far from sure but it gives me proper distortion if I should ever need it and has an FX loop in both clean and dirty channels. A switch in the dirty means the BS is always on and an Xotic RC Bass Boost gives me just that in the clean loop. 
Then I thought I’d try an octave pedal to fill on some sonic space. I’ve experimented with both a Sub n Up and a Micro POG and the POG won. 
So I have a great clean sound, boost that adds colour, mild  distortion and not so mild with the BS boosted. 
IMG_3747.thumb.jpeg.ef66712ca18497cef947c6a9c701c21d.jpeg

Noice 👍 what size board is that?

• Like 1

On 03/12/2023 at 10:45, keziahj said:

IMG_1548.thumb.jpeg.c8319d6ea10bcc1904e2bd8f12d63c9b.jpeg

If I want it to, it sounds so brutal and so fierce, but it also can do pretty much anything else. It also works great on my son’s guitar! 👾🌶️👾

Mini T47! Do you also have a collection of hen's teeth?

PS let me know if you ever want to sell it...

• Like 3