Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

3 hours ago, EmmettC said:

Sorry, my pedalboard is at my lockup because I'm gigging the rest of the week so I don't have any decent pictures. But I'll show you what I have.

I made up a cable using these bits...Screenshot_20230406_125444_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0c3774cc6c6ff316e9a56c660da9dd3b.jpgScreenshot_20230406_125309_Chrome.thumb.jpg.41bfdd227bc46cd5d49cd2807be2713e.jpg

And a normal male xlr connector to finish it off.

The xlrf into the Capo stays there full time and doesn't take up much space. At a gig I just plug in via the side of my pedalboard....

20230325_195634.thumb.jpg.708714a13ed3f99e876245839dccc73d.jpg20230216_150046.thumb.jpg.3816875c80fd698f186057eacc5462f5.jpg20230216_150120.thumb.jpg.6e7852dca00fa53bc9c222e0c52cd1f2.jpg

Nice! That low profile one looks perfect 👌Already got the patchbay on the Rockboard, just need to get the DI with minimal wasted space.

I was actually considering moving the capo up to the top edge of the board if I couldn't get a neat xlr solution as I only used it as an always on anyways. Not sure what I'd put in it's place. 

27 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

Nice! That low profile one looks perfect 👌Already got the patchbay on the Rockboard, just need to get the DI with minimal wasted space.

I was actually considering moving the capo up to the top edge of the board if I couldn't get a neat xlr solution as I only used it as an always on anyways. Not sure what I'd put in it's place. 

Mine is always on too, but my pedalboard is angled and putting the Capo on the top row stops it from fitting into the flight case. Otherwise I'd do that.

My next job is to find something to stop the knobs moving so easily. Last night I was short on space and my cable kept moving the gain knob. It was really annoying.

Edited by EmmettC
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, EmmettC said:

Mine is always on too, but my pedalboard is angled and putting the Capo on the top row stops it from fitting into the flight case. Otherwise I'd do that.

My next job is to find something to stop the knobs moving so easily. Last night I was short on space and my cable kept moving the gain knob. It was really annoying.

Yeah i get bored of fine tuning the same settings every time i move my board or the child stands on it. I think I'll probably just tape all mine, doesn't look great but it's effective!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Aclam XS1 pedal board arrived this morning, needs a tweak (longer power lead from Alix to DGHL so I can swap the DGHL to the right of the Alix) but really liking the Velcro free clamp system, very tidy. All I need to do, once the pedal positions are finalised on the board, is find a way to mount the board on a stand, here it's just resting on a mic stand shelf.

XS1.thumb.jpeg.1f947c2b6c6cb111361c1254873b1ea6.jpeg

... love the fact you can adjust without bending down, clattering some part of your bass in the process and tweaking your back haha!!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Aclam XS1 pedal board arrived this morning, needs a tweak (longer power lead from Alix to DGHL so I can swap the DGHL to the right of the Alix) but really liking the Velcro free clamp system, very tidy. All I need to do, once the pedal positions are finalised on the board, is find a way to mount the board on a stand, here it's just resting on a mic stand shelf.

XS1.thumb.jpeg.1f947c2b6c6cb111361c1254873b1ea6.jpeg

Something like this maybe? The VB99 mounts via a bespoke system but the wooden board below is tied to a Roland APC-33 drum module clamp. There are probably cheaper ones available too. That way it's fully articulated so you can angle it towards you.

IMG_5087.jpeg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ped said:

Something like this maybe? The VB99 mounts via a bespoke system but the wooden board below is tied to a Roland APC-33 drum module clamp. There are probably cheaper ones available too. That way it's fully articulated so you can angle it towards you.

Excellent, thanks Ped, I'll look into it.

41 minutes ago, MrDinsdale said:

Yeah i get bored of fine tuning the same settings every time i move my board or the child stands on it. I think I'll probably just tape all mine, doesn't look great but it's effective!

My origin compressor is taped, it looks rubbish, but it saves a lot of hassle.

• Like 1

Pedalboard edit no: 1264902

Removed tuner, ehx hotwax, and nux MLD pre amp and replaced with the hotone ampero II stomp.

Literally no reason for changing except gas and I really fancied the hotone unit! The NUX pre was fantastic, and I hadn't experienced any of usual issues. The hot wax has also become my favourite drive for bass, it's a brilliant pedal that's an absolute dark horse. If I didn't need the gated fuzz in the ultrawave, and all 6 presets in my C4 I think I'd have booted them instead of the hotwax!

20230408_022122.jpg

• Like 3

Currently messing about with this setup (The brick on the right is the 10h battery pack)

image.thumb.png.81d70e273f5b6003c2dbcf8be04991f4.png

The Dwarf is running a pedalboard for Bass with a Drummer in a box (I just need a small Muppets Animal Beanie to sit on top!)

191732883_CleanShot2023-04-10at18_18.24@2x.thumb.png.4e5b331158c0c4cd2f6ae20c47cbe0ab.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Last iteration, honest. The board looked a bit unbalanced so I added a Boss TU-3W, essentially because, like the other two pedals, it's black and I like the blue lights. I know, I know, so I'm a goth...

CompB.thumb.jpg.6b641205a2aba66fd08cc6af923b4553.jpg

Much neater.  You should offer pedal board feng shui services.  After all, tone and functionality are merely irritating side issues. :) 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Much neater.  You should offer pedal board feng shui services.  After all, tone and functionality are merely irritating side issues. :) 

The Alix has tone and functionality completely covered for our style of music so I've little to do other than tweak aesthetics. :)

• Like 1

On 10/04/2023 at 17:54, thisisswanbon said:

Pedalboard edit no: 1264902

Removed tuner, ehx hotwax, and nux MLD pre amp and replaced with the hotone ampero II stomp.

Literally no reason for changing except gas and I really fancied the hotone unit! The NUX pre was fantastic, and I hadn't experienced any of usual issues. The hot wax has also become my favourite drive for bass, it's a brilliant pedal that's an absolute dark horse. If I didn't need the gated fuzz in the ultrawave, and all 6 presets in my C4 I think I'd have booted them instead of the hotwax!

20230408_022122.jpg

How is the Ampero Stomp for bass? Both to operate and in regard to quality of effects (especially modulation and drive).

On 10/04/2023 at 18:28, Smanth said:

Currently messing about with this setup (The brick on the right is the 10h battery pack)

image.thumb.png.81d70e273f5b6003c2dbcf8be04991f4.png

The Dwarf is running a pedalboard for Bass with a Drummer in a box (I just need a small Muppets Animal Beanie to sit on top!)

191732883_CleanShot2023-04-10at18_18.24@2x.thumb.png.4e5b331158c0c4cd2f6ae20c47cbe0ab.png

I've not come across the MOD Dwarf until now. What's it like for bass?

7 hours ago, TeresaFR said:

I've not come across the MOD Dwarf until now. What's it like for bass?

I find it good (but I'm no expert). It has a number of bass specific plugins and any number of IR cabs and reverb which deal nicely.  Like a lot of units it sometimes struggles to track v.low notes for some f/x (I play a 5 string), but they have recently added the AIDAX Neural Modelling plugin (Think Quad Cortex) and I'm going to try to either borrow some pedals or get some dry/wet audio recordings to model.  For my purposes the v.powerful looper plugin as well as the variety of MIDI instrument plugins allow me to drive everything in the one box.

This is not the best video, but gives some idea of the bass capabilities (the MOD Duo X was a non footpedal system that runs the same software)

S'manth x

• Like 3

Did some cable management on my completed board. 

the good thing about these Rockboard pedalboards is that they come with lots of railing so that you can hide the cables from the pedals side and keep them all under.

as an example, I cabled up the compressor directly to the capo input carrying the cable underneath the broadcast instead of around… same for the power cables etc. 

it may not be too obvious versus previous pictures, but this and a couple cable ties underneath and I’m a happy guy. 

it’s gotten bad now though, officially a bigger board than my guitarist, what has the world come to!

1D8BEB79-8A9F-4000-8A95-CDA81D624BD7.thumb.jpeg.51077acf93a9e0291d1916b381ba4c91.jpeg

75049B43-04A8-4432-9B37-A27BE61F1291.thumb.jpeg.072919177e2002bda2b29f7a6cbcfd5e.jpeg

all these hours ‘invested’ in pedalplayground have definitely paid off, everything fits down to the millimetre, Jesus!

PS: I’m also hiding the voltage doubler (truetone) under the central pilar of the pedalboard - now it’s running at 24V 😊 

Edited by Ander87
  • Like 7

Added a hotone soul press II, which will double up as a wah and expression pedal for the Ampero II once the TRS cable arrives.

Planning on using the soul pess to control a volume pedal on the ampero II, and do a sort of manual tap tempo tremelo. If it works the source audio tap tempo button will be going; the tap tempo trem on my C4 just doesn't tap in as you'd expect, and we don't use a click so it's a disaster to keep it in time!

The octabvre nearly went too, as the C4 does a fantastic impression of it! But I'll end up buying a controller with the proceeds to be able to go to that patch anyways, so may as well keep the 3 leaf!

20230416_012630.thumb.jpg.7ed66e1393b4cf8f881717ad758ec8b0.jpg

• Like 4