Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Nascent 'real' board, not getting that much use because of the Zoom B9.1UT. Still needs a few more pedals, and that Muff is now for sale. The PSU is under the right side tier, that's the power cable coming out at the top beside the tuner, it ends in an IEC to plug an amp power cord in to. There's currently nothing under the left, I'm thinking fdeck hpf though. OC2 already on it's way, still wanting a really nice subtle od too.

Edited by Jack

Hi! :hi:
First up - this is not my board - but thought it was worth a share? It belongs to a Bassist, who has been playing since 1979, and he's just finished touring Japan with his band.. this pic came courtesy of his mobile phone via a popular social network site (so not the sharpest pic ever)..

Can you guess who it belongs to? :search:

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1360421843' post='1970115'] Great looking board with some top effects, although the space should really be taken up by an OC-2 ;) Si [/quote]

cheers - and the oc-2 has definitely been on the radar, used to own one. i don't know what it is though, love the sound, but the tracking gets me... the only octave i have tried that i enjoyed playing with was a POG, but that sounds too digital for me... i think octaves aren't for me...

My current scruffy looking setup. These pedals have been the mainstays on my board for a couple of years, other pedals get swapped in and out as I need them. The Barge loop is only used for the Bass Octave Deluxe as I prefer the sound of it in the loop and it's useful being able to blend the octave into the mix. I recently purchased a Diago 18v adapter for the Bassdrive, I should have done this 6 years ago when I bought the pedal, it seriously makes a difference to it.

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/edsnell/bdaf9180-8e19-4006-8cc4-c10df646dfaa_zpsdc0e8f27.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by thumbo

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1360428485' post='1970268']
Hi! :hi:
First up - this is not my board - but thought it was worth a share? It belongs to a Bassist, who has been playing since 1979, and he's just finished touring Japan with his band.. this pic came courtesy of his mobile phone via a popular social network site (so not the sharpest pic ever)..

Can you guess who it belongs to? :search:

[/quote]

Someone with a TC Electronics endorsement? ;)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi! [/font][/color] :hi:
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]First up - this is not my board - but thought it was worth a share? It belongs to a Bassist, who has been playing since 1979, and he's just finished touring Japan with his band.. this pic came courtesy of his mobile phone via a popular social network site (so not the sharpest pic ever)..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Can you guess who it belongs to? [/font][/color] :search:

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1360530729' post='1971967']
Someone with a TC Electronics endorsement? ;)
[/quote]

Hello Kev! I think you know who it is.. :D
Why am I surprised to see the AW-3 on his board?.. Tbh I'm thinking about an original EHX Doctor-q for my board (NOT a nano clone).. The Radial Bassbone looks like a really interesting and versatile bit of kit.. for a pre-amp anyway!!

Kev? If you have a board - can we see a 2013 update!! :) cheers..

[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b98/the101er/pedalboard_zps6423e260.jpg[/IMG]

Here's mine after a few incarnations. The signal chain is fairly simple, just Wah One > BOD > SFT > GR2 > Multicomp > Little Bastard but it suits me fairly well and I'm impressed with the sounds it achieves. The Multicomp is a nice surprise, I've never dabbled with compressors before but paired with the Little Bastard the gain setting can get you into some really awesome gritty sounds but still limited volume

Further plans are to swap out the SFT for a B3K and get a fuzz pedal to run in the effects loop for the GR2, for some synthy buggery

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1360532972' post='1972018']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi! [/font][/color] :hi:
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]First up - this is not my board - but thought it was worth a share? It belongs to a Bassist, who has been playing since 1979, and he's just finished touring Japan with his band.. this pic came courtesy of his mobile phone via a popular social network site (so not the sharpest pic ever)..[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Can you guess who it belongs to? [/font][/color] :search:

Hello Kev! I think you know who it is.. :D
Why am I surprised to see the AW-3 on his board?.. Tbh I'm thinking about an original EHX Doctor-q for my board (NOT a nano clone).. The Radial Bassbone looks like a really interesting and versatile bit of kit.. for a pre-amp anyway!!

Kev? If you have a board - can we see a 2013 update!! :) cheers..
[/quote]

Simply but two superb pedals :)

[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/KevMan69/Snapbucket/8ECD7C51_zps90f1da32.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Kev

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1360959670' post='1979210']
Believe it or not I'm actually using the istrobosoft app on my phone! Wonderfully accurate and can't justify buying a tuner at the moment, although a black polytune mini could tempt me...
[/quote]

You see! dumb question.. :) A tuner on a mobile phone!! Who'd have thought of that? (It's only taken me 10-years to move from tape to hard-disk....) :D

After playing at church this AM and going with no effects but with my Minitaur and 12 step foot controller, it reminded me how much better a 'dry' bass sound cuts through, even if delay sounds wicked in isolation or in controlled environments. As such, I've dropped the TC Flashback from the bass effects board and downsized to my Pedaltrain Nano.

[attachment=127953:BDVFjKvCQAEqQ4J.jpg-large.jpeg]

Going to be giving Dan at the Gigrig a call to discuss a Quartermaster 4, as I don't like how even a few pedals seems to 'cloud' my clean direct tone. It WAS going to be a Midi8 for my Minitaur but I've solved a lot of questions there and so it'll likely be a Quartermaster for size and flexibility reasons.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1361053861' post='1980551']
Two blowtorches?! Awesome! Underrated pedal, loved mine when I had it.
[/quote]

Aye, seriously under rated piece of kit. I think the 18v thing puts people off. Its probably the most versatile distortion unit I've used.

[quote name='Mikey R' timestamp='1361176160' post='1982114']

Cool, you got a Sonic Kitchen! How you like it?
[/quote]

Yeah it's really good! It's actually got a better high gain tone to the Xotic, whilst the Xotic has a wider range from low-gain to high. So I set the SK as heavy gain, with the Xotic set to real low tubey overdrive.

Si

Hi all, here's my board

My PB is the Gator GPT-PRO-PWR
Chain : >> Boss TU-2 >> EBS MultiComp >> EBS Octabass >> Digitech bass Whammy >> Darkglass B3K >> Tech21 Red Ripper >> EBS WahOne >> Boss BF-2 >> Boss DD-3 >> Mooer Trelicopter >> Boss GEB-7

Edited by Mark

My current board!

Stageclix Jack Wireless > Aguilar TLC > Sansamp Programmable Bass Driver > Marshall Jackhammer > Zoom B3

They're sitting in a Diago Gigman case, powered by a Johnny Shredfreak powersupply with a daisy chain cable. I'm using a Diago Isolator Adaptor to get rid of the hiss that the B3 makes when it shares a supply with analog pedals.

And yes, I really do set my compressor up like that :lol:

Edited by chrismuzz

[quote name='Mark' timestamp='1361290035' post='1984001']
Hi all, here's my board

My PB is the Gator GPT-PRO-PWR
Chain : >> Boss TU-2 >> EBS MultiComp >> EBS Octabass >> Digitech bass Whammy >> Darkglass B3K >> Tech21 Red Ripper >> EBS WahOne >> Boss BF-2 >> Boss DD-3 >> Mooer Trelicopter >> Boss GEB-7
[/quote]
I hate to mention the stereotype, but when I see a Bass Whammy, a delay, a flanger, and an overdrive on a board I immediately think 'TOOL!' Do you cover any of Chancellor's stuff? Either way, awesome board.

@Ixxwj : Thanks for your feedback. Indeed I really like Tool stuff and sound, I don't deny their influence. I used to cover some of their stuff, not in touring tribute band though, but as you can see only half of effects on my board are used by Chancellor so not a pure copy purpose. Listening to Tool made me fall in love with whammy, flanger & delay that's a fact cause combinations of these are pure genius to me but buying/trading effects I found my own sound and combinations with these on my board to compose with my band and rejected some as CE-5 chorus or Guyatone BR-2 effects which I don't really like nor fit in my band.

Please excuse my french...