Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I've added foam around my pedals to stop lateral movement, doesn't matter how much Velcro I seemed to use there was always one a drift when i open it, but not anymore :)

[IMG]http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u359/cd_david/Basses%20To%20View/529194_10150633377622757_2022327645_n.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1342682020' post='1739050']
Good effort. Toight like a Toiger
[/quote]

Haha! I watched that film 2 nights ago fir the 1st time in yonks! The Mrs hadn't seen it & was expecting none of it to be funny, she was surprised. :D

Cigar & a Crepe?

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1342695267' post='1739382']
Haha! I watched that film 2 nights ago fir the 1st time in yonks! The Mrs hadn't seen it & was expecting none of it to be funny, she was surprised. :D

Cigar & a Crepe?
[/quote]

I love the Godzilla scene (Thanks to IMDB for having the full quote!)

[b]Japanese Man 1[/b]: RUN! IT'S GODZILLA!
[b]Japanese Man 2[/b]: It looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws - it's not.
[b]Japanese Man 1[/b]: STILL! WE SHOULD RUN LIKE IT IS GODZILLA!
[b]Japanese Man 2[/b]: Though it isn't.

[quote name='Al Heeley' timestamp='1342689467' post='1739211']
It's a great mini board, I love it
[/quote]

[quote name='Al Heeley' timestamp='1342689467' post='1739211']
Can you tell me about the Big Beautiful Bass pedal? Not come across one of those from SFX before.
[/quote]

Forgive me if I cut 'n' paste something I wrote elsewhere :)

For me it's a great 'warm-up' pedal. The way I use it, it's at unity gain (9 o'clock so plenty more boost to be had), scoop engaged, and tone between about 7-10 o'clock . The tone works (to my ears) like a passive tone control between 7 and 12, and from 12 to 5 it adds treble progressively. I think (and Max might correct me here) that it's similar in effect to the tone control in a Big Muff. The scoop is (again I think) around 800-1000 Hz.

Set like I have it, it's a very appropriate warm-up before a solid-state amp (Markbass CMD112P).

It's possible there's a bit of FET (valve-like) colouration in there, not really sure, all I can say is it works great for me.

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1342699006' post='1739470']
[b]Japanese Man 1[/b]: RUN! IT'S GODZILLA!
[b]Japanese Man 2[/b]: It looks like Godzilla, but due to international copyright laws - it's not.
[b]Japanese Man 1[/b]: STILL! WE SHOULD RUN LIKE IT IS GODZILLA!
[b]Japanese Man 2[/b]: Though it isn't.
[/quote]

You have no idea the fun I had trying to identify the film from that quote using only my iPhone :)

This is what I was playing around with earlier last week. Firstly just a collection of everything I've got to hand at the moment, after a massive sell/buy/trade binge, on a PT-2:

[IMG]http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o522/EskimoRich/IMG-20120716-00017.jpg[/IMG]

And what I put together quickly for a jam (the first in many, many months) on a PT-Jr:

[IMG]http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o522/EskimoRich/IMG-20120716-00019.jpg[/IMG]

Apologies for terrible image quality.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1342993211' post='1743672']
i miss my pulsar!
[/quote]

I get a cool effect when I run the pulsar into the flanger, the two skip in and out of phase and make it sound way more intersting than it really is. Im going to try it out on the intro to Black Hole Sun tomorrow, in the living room it sounds great so hopefully will sound just as good with the band.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1342958484' post='1743104']
This is what I was playing around with earlier last week. Firstly just a collection of everything I've got to hand at the moment, after a massive sell/buy/trade binge, on a PT-2:

And what I put together quickly for a jam (the first in many, many months) on a PT-Jr:

Apologies for terrible image quality.
[/quote]
May I ask, what's the blue box with all the knobs? From what I know though, looks like my dream electronica board! Except maybe for the boss octaver. Good choices though! Iron Ether is truly 'the best.' :lol:
Edit: Also, what's the purple box? I'm guessing it's extra expression parameters, but for what..?
[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1343035859' post='1743945']
Arrived this morning

[/quote]
So jealous.. :(

Edited by lxxwj

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1343073230' post='1744898']
May I ask, what's the blue box with all the knobs? From what I know though, looks like my dream electronica board! Except maybe for the boss octaver. Good choices though! Iron Ether is truly 'the best.' :lol:
Edit: Also, what's the purple box? I'm guessing it's extra expression parameters, but for what..?
[/quote]

10 points to Phil.i.stein, tis indeed a TAFM!

As for the Boss OC-3 - it's a weird one. I convinced myself that digital octaving was [i]bad[/i] and that I should be more of a [s]snob[/s] purist and get me a decent analog octaver, so I bought an Aguilar Octamizer off this forum... and for some reason I just didn't get on with it at all! I don't know why but I just really preferred the OC-3 in comparison, and if it ain't broke...

The purple box is a Nose double expression control for the Line 6 M9/13. It's great if you only want to make small adjustments and don't need a proper expression pedal.

[quote name='phil.i.stein' timestamp='1343073688' post='1744912']
the blue one looks like a TAFM.
[/quote]
So many fuzzes on that one board then!

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1343074706' post='1744940']
10 points to Phil.i.stein, tis indeed a TAFM!

As for the Boss OC-3 - it's a weird one. I convinced myself that digital octaving was [i]bad[/i] and that I should be more of a [s]snob[/s] purist and get me a decent analog octaver, so I bought an Aguilar Octamizer off this forum... and for some reason I just didn't get on with it at all! I don't know why but I just really preferred the OC-3 in comparison, and if it ain't broke...

The purple box is a Nose double expression control for the Line 6 M9/13. It's great if you only want to make small adjustments and don't need a proper expression pedal.
[/quote]
My OC-3 broke in 3 weeks. <_<
Interesting..

Edited by lxxwj

[quote name='tayste_2000' timestamp='1343078063' post='1745003']
Let me know when that M9 comes up for sale if it's in your binge ;)

*edit*

I'll take the PT-2 as well :D
[/quote]

HAHA no they are both firmly part of the contingent which SURVIVED or was a product of the overhaul. In fact the M9 is the main reason why I sold nearly all of my pedals.

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1343075016' post='1744945']
So many fuzzes on that one board then!
[/quote]

Well I guess three could be seen as a little excessive, using the Orbit more for it's Ring Modulator side though and the Oxide more for it's gating, so they've all got a spot. Wouldn't mind a Rat variant like a Fuzzrocious Rat Tail though...

[quote name='EskimoBassist' timestamp='1343081163' post='1745098']
Well I guess three could be seen as a little excessive, using the Orbit more for it's Ring Modulator side though and the Oxide more for it's gating, so they've all got a spot. Wouldn't mind a Rat variant like a Fuzzrocious Rat Tail though...
[/quote]
One of the things a bassist never has, is enough fuzz. :rolleyes: