Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

So here's my board to date, I reckon this is how it's likely going to stay for a while but am now thinking of getting an LS2 or similar (any recommendations/suggestions/feedback from you guys would be appreciated), once I'm definitely happy with it I'm planning on replacing the existing patch leads with George L's and then tidying the underside cabling of the board - I'll probably move the Diago Powerstation back underneath as well - actually that's a point worth mentioning - I previously had (no laughing at the back!) a Soundlab Power Supply and whilst it coped with powering my pedals it was horrifically noisey even at rest!? - the Diago seems infinitely better so am well pleased with that.

So the latest addition being the Deep Impact, am I right in thinking you can add an expression pedal to this? Or a footswitch to toggle the sounds? Again, any feedback would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
Pete :)

Diago's are the business - best power supply out there I reckon.

Really interested to hear what you make of the Deep Impact - I have been toying with the idea of getting one for ages. Did you get it off Ebay?

I put and LS2 on the board a while ago and it is great, really useful for blending clean signal to effects or switching multiple ones on and off. SFX make a very nice version called Loop Logic and it is easier to turn the loops on an off but does not have a mode option on it.

Did you keep the Agent 00 Funk?

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1331464393' post='1573046']
So here's my board to date, I reckon this is how it's likely going to stay for a while but am now thinking of getting an LS2 or similar (any recommendations/suggestions/feedback from you guys would be appreciated), once I'm definitely happy with it I'm planning on replacing the existing patch leads with George L's and then tidying the underside cabling of the board - I'll probably move the Diago Powerstation back underneath as well - actually that's a point worth mentioning - I previously had (no laughing at the back!) a Soundlab Power Supply and whilst it coped with powering my pedals it was horrifically noisey even at rest!? - the Diago seems infinitely better so am well pleased with that.

So the latest addition being the Deep Impact, am I right in thinking you can add an expression pedal to this? Or a footswitch to toggle the sounds? Again, any feedback would be gratefully received.

Cheers,
[/quote]

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' timestamp='1331464934' post='1573065']
Diago's are the business - best power supply out there I reckon.

Really interested to hear what you make of the Deep Impact - I have been toying with the idea of getting one for ages. Did you get it off Ebay?

I put and LS2 on the board a while ago and it is great, really useful for blending clean signal to effects or switching multiple ones on and off. SFX make a very nice version called Loop Logic and it is easier to turn the loops on an off but does not have a mode option on it.

Did you keep the Agent 00 Funk?
[/quote]

Hi Mark,

Hope you're well, Diago seems a really good buy at a very reasonable price - extremely pleased with it at the moment.

I've just posted the Agent 00Funk in the for sale section - am asking what I paid for it - whilst I really like it (and the Brown Dog) I've just purchased the Deep Impact from a fellow Basschatter (Mace) so think they may well be redundant - I'll let you know how I get on with it but first impressions are really much more than I expected! It really is (and I hate using this word) Awesome - really versatile - goes from subtle to mayhem and everything in between without any effort - will be trying to program a few sounds that I'm after when I get used to it.

Regarding the LS2/SFX Loop Logic - I'll have to do a bit more research to try and get a handle on what it is I want exactly - all a bit confusing at the moment! I'm thinking I'd like to have a loop that will turn on my octave pedal along with the chorus for certain songs/effects by stomping on just one switch rather than doing a Riverdance - is that even possible (forgive my ignorance!) :unsure: :blink: :blush:

Agreed that with a DI you should not need the Chunk pedals anymore!

Let me know how you are getting on with it once you have had some more time with it.

I went for the LS2 for the same reason - have a few tunes where I need to turn 3 or 4 pedals on at the same time and it was a nightmare - would highly recommend getting some loops set up. Of course if money is no object then the Gigrig switching systems are amazing!!

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1331470428' post='1573198']
Hi Mark,

Hope you're well, Diago seems a really good buy at a very reasonable price - extremely pleased with it at the moment.

I've just posted the Agent 00Funk in the for sale section - am asking what I paid for it - whilst I really like it (and the Brown Dog) I've just purchased the Deep Impact from a fellow Basschatter (Mace) so think they may well be redundant - I'll let you know how I get on with it but first impressions are really much more than I expected! It really is (and I hate using this word) Awesome - really versatile - goes from subtle to mayhem and everything in between without any effort - will be trying to program a few sounds that I'm after when I get used to it.

Regarding the LS2/SFX Loop Logic - I'll have to do a bit more research to try and get a handle on what it is I want exactly - all a bit confusing at the moment! I'm thinking I'd like to have a loop that will turn on my octave pedal along with the chorus for certain songs/effects by stomping on just one switch rather than doing a Riverdance - is that even possible (forgive my ignorance!) :unsure: :blink: :blush:

[/quote]

Cheers,
[/quote]

You can connect a momentary foot switch to the Deep Impact to scroll through the presets in he opposite direction. I would recommend the Loop Master Mini Tap Tempo for this as its tiny. I used to use one when I had a Deep Impact and it worked really well.

Cheers,
[/quote]

Tidy looking board! :)

You can attach a second footswitch to toggle settings down. Make sure its not latching though.. otherwise you need to double tap (learned from when I used the guv'nor to do it!)

Dont think you can attach an Exp out.

Welcome to the Deep Impact club! :D

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1331486093' post='1573545']
You can connect a momentary foot switch to the Deep Impact to scroll through the presets in he opposite direction. I would recommend the Loop Master Mini Tap Tempo for this as its tiny. I used to use one when I had a Deep Impact and it worked really well.
[/quote]

Hah beaten to the punch! :P

as a side note:- my "down switch" is on my switching unit that Max made me.

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1331486093' post='1573545']
[/quote]
[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1331488732' post='1573625']
Tidy looking board! :)

You can attach a second footswitch to toggle settings down. Make sure its not latching though.. otherwise you need to double tap (learned from when I used the guv'nor to do it!)

Dont think you can attach an Exp out.

Welcome to the Deep Impact club! :D
[/quote]

Cheers Guys, the momentary footswitch sounds like a must! Looking forward to getting to know the DI a bit better, but initial impressions are really pleasing. :D

I think that the crunch time is how it cuts through in a live band situation, I can get some great synth sounds at home with the Mark Bass Synth but with the band they just seem to get lost and lose all of the bottom end.

Let us know how you get on.

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1331572160' post='1575074']
Cheers Guys, the momentary footswitch sounds like a must! Looking forward to getting to know the DI a bit better, but initial impressions are really pleasing. :D
[/quote]

[quote name='Zydian' timestamp='1331564100' post='1574863']
Latest version of my board, pre-wiring

[/quote]

Looks rather deep and fuzzy! That VT Bass pedal is my favourite, but it really plays nicely when driven by a fuzz.

Edited by Mikey R

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1331584789' post='1575446']
Two LPB-1's? Are those for varying output levels from various basses or just for different boosts?
[/quote]

Your first guess was the correct one. When I play live I always use my 78 Gibson Grabber and my Gibson Les Paul oversized, but the output levels on both basses vary to much. I use the lpb's to give a little "edge" to my bass sound.

[quote name='Zydian' timestamp='1331624718' post='1575884']
Your first guess was the correct one. When I play live I always use my 78 Gibson Grabber and my Gibson Les Paul oversized, but the output levels on both basses vary to much. I use the lpb's to give a little "edge" to my bass sound.
[/quote]
You *could* just use one for the quieter bass, and replace the other with a Wren & Cuff Phat Phuk B for the "edgy"
sound.. :P

Guest teamcoy

Headrush is a new addition (Wednesday) but thus far, love it. It's bloody huge though.

I was trying to squeeze all of these on to a gator tote (for sale) which just didn't work for my brain. The space and order makes me happy, for now. Hehe.

Cheers

Edited by teamcoy