Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

OK, slight tweak to my band board...

finding I don't use o/d or distortion that much in this band, so boost and fuzz FTW!!

have to say, the montavillian is a cracking little delay, and is exactly what I've been looking for (been on a bit of a delay quest in recent months - malekko and subdecay casualties in the FS threads!!). it's perfect for echo, and atmospheric sounds and oscillations, but was surprised how well it cleaned up (the tone knob for repeats is very useful)...

i do need more stickers though :)

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1347789076' post='1804877']
OK, slight tweak to my band board...

finding I don't use o/d or distortion that much in this band, so boost and fuzz FTW!!

have to say, the montavillian is a cracking little delay, and is exactly what I've been looking for (been on a bit of a delay quest in recent months - malekko and subdecay casualties in the FS threads!!). it's perfect for echo, and atmospheric sounds and oscillations, but was surprised how well it cleaned up (the tone knob for repeats is very useful)...

i do need more stickers though :)

[/quote]
Great simple board! One question: What board are you using? Pedaltrain Mini?

For most of the work I do, I don't really use most of the stuff on my 9 pedal Pedaltrain board... & after having a bit of trouble with noise at a gig a while back, I lost a bit of confidence in having loads of stuff plugged in that I rarely use! So I've put a smaller board together...

A guitarist I work with a lot calls it my 'Ladies board' :blush: ...I'm a firm believer that size isn't important! & I'm loving the tone I'm getting out of that SFT!

Edited by bottomfeed

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1347996436' post='1807935']
Nice pick of effects. The mess hurts my eyes though :)
[/quote]

thanks - the top 4 are my usual board - the splitter, distortion and reverb had to be shoehorned in.

it was a good sound, but whether it would make much difference live is to be seen.

[attachment=118886:C360_2012-09-18-06-12-48.jpg]

1st iteration. A few changes planned. DIY octave and fuzz to go in, synth probably coming out. Also may replace the qtron with a DIY meatball clone if i could ever get around to finishing anything!!!

Artec para eq only there as a placeholder in the meantime.

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1348127894' post='1809548']
I was having fun with this lot last night. It's ages since I made time to play on my own plugged in, and it was so much fun!! I have my sounds down perfectly now. If only I had some more PSUs I could add on my jamman, slicer, XXL, OC2... Maybe it's best that I don't :)

[/quote]
Ahh, the fabled 'night shot'.. ;)
Great pick of effects, I might add. How's the old Ibanez flanger on bass? And what's that black Boss pedal with the pink stripe?

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1348151959' post='1810079']
[attachment=118886:C360_2012-09-18-06-12-48.jpg]

1st iteration. A few changes planned. DIY octave and fuzz to go in, synth probably coming out. Also may replace the qtron with a DIY meatball clone if i could ever get around to finishing anything!!!

Artec para eq only there as a placeholder in the meantime.
[/quote]

Nice :) Don't see Hyperdrives on pedalboards often cause they're so massive :P

Placeholders are very important for temporarily delaying GAS!!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1348183185' post='1810696']

Nice :) Don't see Hyperdrives on pedalboards often cause they're so massive
[/quote]

Yeah - if i ever get the time I'll reverse engineer it and build a miniature version!!!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1348208522' post='1810741']

Great idea! You'd have to find time to make a few of them though, I bet a lot of people on here would be after one too ;)
[/quote]

A Mashdown Posidrive clone project perhaps.. You've got the cogs turning this cold morning Chris!

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1348182925' post='1810689']
Ahh, the fabled 'night shot'.. ;)
Great pick of effects, I might add. How's the old Ibanez flanger on bass? And what's that black Boss pedal with the pink stripe?
[/quote]

Yeh, I wish more people would do the "night shot". When I get more power, it's going to look like you're flying over new york

The Ibanez is an SS10 chorus-distortion. It's actually my favorite dirt pedal on both bass and guitar. You can have the two effects in either series of parallel. It's very responsive to dynamics, really boosts the high mids, and gets very very nasty when you dig in. I really want to buy some more because i'm worried it'll break soon and i've no idea how to re-create the sound.

The black pedal with a pink strip is an arion analogue delay which I use to make oscillations

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1348207216' post='1810736']
Yeah - if i ever get the time I'll reverse engineer it and build a miniature version!!!
[/quote]

I'd give it a few more months Ashdown are releasing a line of smaller pedals, don't think I'm the only one hoping for a smaller one!

Decided that i'm definately going down the 'mini' board route, as soon as i can afford it all. My plan is to get a Line6 Relay G50 with 2 transmitters, running into a Polytune Mini, into a Sansamp VT Bass Deluxe with some form of Octave (MXR BOD most likely, unless i find a good one that's tiny, any suggestions?) in the effects loop, all on a Pedaltrain Mini with a Diago MicroPower 9 strapped underneath.

All i need, and it's not an OTT size like my last one (Though compared to some of yours, mine was tiny)

Liam

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1348215325' post='1810830']
Yeh, I wish more people would do the "night shot". When I get more power, it's going to look like you're flying over new york

The Ibanez is an SS10 chorus-distortion. It's actually my favorite dirt pedal on both bass and guitar. You can have the two effects in either series of parallel. It's very responsive to dynamics, really boosts the high mids, and gets very very nasty when you dig in. I really want to buy some more because i'm worried it'll break soon and i've no idea how to re-create the sound.

The black pedal with a pink strip is an arion analogue delay which I use to make oscillations
[/quote]
Ridiculous! :blink:
I'm going to have to check that out..

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1348322156' post='1812317']
Been ages since I did this so here you go, my regular pedal board...
:)
[/quote]

Hey! :hi:
you have some real nice gear.. but what's the story with the Octave pedals on your boards? You have the 'Octamiser' and the 'Octave Deluxe'.. if you had to chose one over the other, which one and why?? thanks & god bless.

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1348341649' post='1812650']
Hey! :hi:
you have some real nice gear.. but what's the story with the Octave pedals on your boards? You have the 'Octamiser' and the 'Octave Deluxe'.. if you had to chose one over the other, which one and why?? thanks & god bless.
[/quote]

That's a really tough call to make, I really like the MXR - this replaced an old EHX Octave Multiplexer I had used for a while, the MXR tracks really well and I like the simplicity of the controls - the mid boost is always engaged - the definition/clarity of the effect sounds quite organic (for want of a better word).

I had wanted to try the Aguilar for ages and when one came up in the classifieds I snapped it up - I think it's slightly easier to achieve a mix between your clean signal and the effected signal and would say the resultant effected signal does sound better - the only down side I've had with the Aguilar is sometimes (and for no obvious reason) it doesn't want to track terribly well?

I really like both of the pedals, both have their quirks but if I had to make a decision I'd say the MXR would be my go to pedal. :)

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1348353986' post='1812763']
cracking board Pete :)
[/quote]
[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1348381865' post='1812838']
That board is a thing of beauty. Well played sir.
[/quote]

Cheers Guys! It's taken a while - have to next decide what will make way for the Prescription Electronics Depth Charge which is on it's way in - could be the Russian (which I do love) off the board for a while?

Also Gaz, I've bitten the bullet and ordered a custom Oh See Demon from Ry, should be with me just in time for Christmas (I hope). B) :gas: