Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1349813314' post='1830994']
:)

I guess it's more of a direct promotional tool that a music video. But we'll call it a music video to sound much cooler :)

Ha.
[/quote]

Great to see your board looking and sounding awesome...Thought I would just show a quick video of my board explaining simple effects used in my cover of Animals by Muse...Most of you will know all of this stuff so sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qn1iv9fSro[/media]

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1349813314' post='1830994']
I guess it's more of a direct promotional tool that a music video. But we'll call it a music video to sound much cooler :)
[/quote]

A music video IS a promotional tool, so youre doing alright :D

You're based in Nottingham right? I've got a few buddies living out there who would really be into what you do!

[quote name='Dudgeman' timestamp='1349865213' post='1831412']
Great to see your board looking and sounding awesome...Thought I would just show a quick video of my board explaining simple effects used in my cover of Animals by Muse...Most of you will know all of this stuff so sorry if I am teaching you to suck eggs.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qn1iv9fSro[/media]
[/quote]

Excellent work dude! Good playing and nice use of toys! :)

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1349876333' post='1831628']
A music video IS a promotional tool, so youre doing alright :D

You're based in Nottingham right? I've got a few buddies living out there who would really be into what you do!
[/quote]

Yeah, Nottingham... Send em' our way!!

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1349876538' post='1831634']
you think they would have played Stoke by now!!
[/quote]

We are playing at bITjAM in Newcastle-Under-Lyme (think the place is called 'The Rigger'?) next month. That's near Stoke right?

Currently we have transport issues so bringing an MC or 9 is unlikely (getting us there will be a challenge)... But maybe. Duke01 is always game for a road trip.

If you know any local talent though please invite them along. I think the Great Scott guys are fairly local so ill ask them too.

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1349810226' post='1830912']
Quasar DLX - been thinking about one for a while - what do you you think of it?
[/quote]

Most awesome Phaser you can get for the money. Seriously so many options, and it just sounds great. Bit overkill if all you want is the typical Phase 90 sound or whatever, but if you're looking for bang for your buck, and versatility, then this thing is unbeatable IMO.

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1349884955' post='1831819']
I do know a really good DJ actually, i'll see him next week so will mention it. He does scratching on proper decks but it controls samples on his laptop somehow - pretty cool.
[/quote]

Wicked mate. Hook it up!

[quote name='simwells' timestamp='1349887061' post='1831849']
Do you ever play up here Shep? Know it's not exactly far but thought I'd ask anyway!
[/quote]

We don't really have any contacts with bands, DJ's or mates in Sheffield so are completely unaware of the electronica scene or other acts to get on with. It you can put us in touch with a promoter/organsier or help get something booked then we'll be there!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1349884028' post='1831795']
Nov 1st. It's a monthly event they hold.

Ill get some more details for you!

[/quote]

Sorry, but am I reading what it says on that ad correctly?

".....the last bj at the rigger for a while....." :blink: :o :happy:

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1349884028' post='1831795']
Nov 1st. It's a monthly event they hold.

Ill get some more details for you!

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Our%20Helical%20Mind/DCEB8193-44FE-439F-86C4-06A5B801ED4E-16282-00001068BBEACC0D.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Ahh no way! I'm gigging somewhere else that night! I'll catch one !

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1349881785' post='1831746']
Excellent work dude! Good playing and nice use of toys! :)
[/quote]

Cheers Shep. Not a bad bunch of toys for essentially an old rocker..lol One day I will get a few months off and really dive into some weird and wonderful sounds..playing stuff like Muse and watching videos like yours has really got me interested in bass sounds again and what you can do. I just never get enough time to play around sadly...what with family/work/music commitments...Do you ever play around Oxford/Swindon area? Would love to come and hear what you do live...

I have NEVER played in Oxford in my life... odd that. 13 years of playing in bands and I've never played in Oxford! lol

We are aiming to have a much more geographical spread for gigging come the end of this year/start of next so I'll keep you posted. We have quite a local reputation now thanks to our 'open mic' approach - basically there is a mic onstage offered to any vocalist or MC who wants to freestyle and improvise with us. It started off with one cool MC showing up etc. and now we play shows and the stage ends up like this...

http://youtu.be/B9iT3KW4fWI

We just play the tunes and shift the structure to suit whats happening and MC's just work the crowd. We still play instrumental, but in Nottingham it's hard to not have MC's show up now! lol.

For an idea of out live sound, here is a live recording we have - straight off the desk: http://ourhelicalmind.bandcamp.com/album/live-from-dogstock-2012 There are links in the album information to see the footage form the show as well.

I'll let everyone when we get more UK dates sorted! :)

Heres a wee update for mine. Its simply this set up

behringer dc9 -> boss ls2 -> bass synth wah -> joyo octo fuzz -> hartke bass attack. with with dry loop going straight from the compressor to the hartke. Just need my Tu-2 back from my mate and its complete! All sitting in a gator tote pedal board and case! Still doesnt look as tidy as I'd like though!

Edited by lefrash

My current incarnation although I'm going to switch the BMC to after the Octamizer this evening and I'm probably going to move the Proton on shortly as it doesn't get used...

> TU2 > Wren&Cuff Pickle Pie B > Catalinbread SFT > [color=#ff0000]3Leaf Audio Proton [/color]> Aguilar TLC > EWS BMC > Aguilar Octamizer > EBC MultiChorus >
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:121209]

Edited by andydye

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1350324171' post='1837345']
Heres a wee update for mine. Its simply this set up

behringer dc9 -> boss ls2 -> bass synth wah -> joyo octo fuzz -> hartke bass attack. with with dry loop going straight from the compressor to the hartke. Just need my Tu-2 back from my mate and its complete! All sitting in a gator tote pedal board and case! Still doesnt look as tidy as I'd like though!
[/quote]

I couldn't get that Joyo fuzz sounding good AT ALL myself. Lovely on guitar, i could just never get it to hit the spot on bass. I may go back to my olden days and get a Boss MT-2 for my fuzz needs, always sounded good.

Liam

Just got my second Nano today, so while it's not wired up yet, this is what it will look like:

Aguilar Octamizer > Iron Ether Oxide > Aguilar Filter Twin > Subdecay Quasar DLX > SFX MicroThumpinator

There is no power supply, as I will only ever use the board in conjunction with my first board seen here, which is powered by a Johnnyshredfreak/Diago Power Supply:

(Signal chain is Sadowsky Pre Amp/DI (Korg DT-10BK on the Tuner Out) > Aguilar TLC > Darkglass B3K)

There is a spare power output on the daisy chain you can see hiding beside the B3K, this connects to the second board's daisy chain. I've always liked the idea of a Modular rig, taking a different amount of cabs to suit the gig, so why not have a couple of small pedalboards using the same approach?

I used to have a big Pedaltrain 2 with everything on it, then realised I wasn't using half of it, so scaled down to this Pedaltrain Jr:

I soon realised that with the variety of gigs I do, there's no point in me taking a Fuzz and Octaver to EVERY gig, as half the time they are just not needed. So I decided to get a Pedaltrain Nano with just the bare essentials on it that will come with me to every gig, then another for the group of effects I'm most likely to need after that. I'm thinking of putting another together with more modulation and a couple of delays on it when I get time/money, but for now, these are what will be used on most of my gigs.

Edited by Higgie