Why become a member? ×

Fender Flea Signature Jazz Bass

NJE

I agree, I've got the new album and it's good but I doubt I'll be rushing out for tickets for the tour this time, bring back John and bring back the Stingray and I'll be first in the queue! I watched t in the park too, never touched a non musicman derived bass all night, he obviously knows what he likes in that department.

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1468241673' post='3089477']
I would be wary about playing a '61 stack knob, one of only 3 in that colour ever made, and taking it out on the road.
[/quote]

Why?

Si

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1468242996' post='3089497']
have now received both mine. The first one was a bit of a porker at 9.5lb! Hoping for a lighter second one.

Comparison pics tonight I hope
[/quote]

Be interesting to see the outcome... Considering to pull the trigger on one that's appeared in my local music shop

[quote name='LayDownThaFunk' timestamp='1468252192' post='3089586']

Bc it can never be replaced...
[/quote]

So just be careful with it?! :)
A bass is a bass, no matter what paint job it is, play it into the ground for many years :)

Si

Number 2 has arrived. it's light as a feather at a smudge over 8lbs. a 1.5lb difference between the two!

Set up's great, I'm not sure how long I'll put up with roundwonds but we'll see.

I'll be playing it in anger on Thursday and I'll get picks of the two roadworns together then

[quote name='njr911' timestamp='1468265219' post='3089741']
Number 2 has arrived. it's light as a feather at a smudge over 8lbs. a 1.5lb difference between the two!
[/quote]

Incredible!

[quote name='Painy' timestamp='1468259378' post='3089667']
[media]http://youtu.be/ZxW5KFZ-9CM[/media]
[/quote]

Good Lord - this is pushing me over the edge now.....Massive GAS for one of these!!
Need to offload some gear to chase one of these and my Markbass LM2 has just died - terrible timing!

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1467967089' post='3087578']

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a test of the market by Fender, and full production might be based on how well these sell and how they take off in terms of the general public making comments about playing one.
[/quote]

Well, if you're listening Fender, how about a lefty........?

Maybe the initial run was a brief test, and now the main production will start? Still weird that Europe had these before Fender even announced them! I checked my box and the shipping from Fender was May (serial matches the bass so it's the right shipping box etc). Weird! But, I much prefer that to products that aren't available for a year (like the Peavey micro amps).

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1468265402' post='3089744']
Lose value these Flea signatures, particularly the heavy ones. I mean, your a nice guy, ill give you £200 for the fatty......

:(
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind offer :)

It's gone back today,

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1468326729' post='3090130']
Where did it go back to so we can avoid getting it ;) You should have kept it and called it Ms Piggy :lol:
[/quote]

Guitar Guitar, I couldn't believe the weight after seeing the other early buyers getting light ones