Why become a member? ×

Who actually feels 100% happy with what they've got?...

Josh

I'm very happy with all my basses now. They all sound exactly as I'd expect & I never change settings on the basses or the MarkBass. All the Status/Yamaha basses have specific jobs & they all sound fantastic. What's more, they all earn their keep!

There's always something around the corner that may take my eye, but I'm resisting at the moment for if I see anything I really want to bring home when I'm in Florida at Xmas. You never know, a cheap Ray or something may arrive on these shores just before New Year.

No more custom orders for me at the moment, either. I may go for something very special (JayDee/Alembic/GB, etc.) for my 40th next year, but 100% satisfied for the time being. Bet you thought you'd never hear that!

Rich.

[i]Almost[/i]

I love my Retroactive and Groove fretless going into my Trace V-Type 1x15 combo, it's the best sound ever IMHO. Can't wait to get started on the 1x15 extension cab for that, then the rig is sorted. All I want/need now is a Status 5 string again when I can afford it.

Oh, and the Merton and MikeyR singlecut multiscale 5 string will be cool :)

Edited by Merton

I play through a Mesa 400+ with a Mesa 1*15 Powerhouse. I'm adding a Mesa 6*10 Powerhouse and probably a Mesa 2*10 Powerhouse too. My Gibson Thunderbird and Gibson RD Artist played through Mesa gives me "that sound" I've been after for years. So much so, I've sold (or selling) all my pedals which I now don't need! :)

GAS over apart from maybe a new Bass or two....

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='295242' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:11 AM']If I hadn't found this site, I'd have been perfectly happy with an OLP Stingray and a Fender Rumble combo. :)

Current set-up is good though. Glad I slimmed down my bass collection to three that I actually use. Bit of a surplus on the amp front, but I'm still experimenting.[/quote]

:huh:

Love the line [i]"Bit of a surplus on the amp front, but I'm still experimenting."[/i]

That's sounds like a case of denial to me SF!