Why become a member? ×

A Barefaced cab has solved my GAS!

dave74200

I've probably gone through about 20 cabs in the last 10 years. It was so bad at times that my band would take the piss asking what cab I'd turn up with at each gig. They were either great but too heavy or light but too thin sounding.

I recently took the plunge and bought a Super Twin by Barefaced and absolutely love it. I can now see what all the fuss is about. It's massive sounding, with cracking tone and punch and I can pick it up with two fingers.

Suffice to say, I'll not be in the market for another cab until this one either breaks or gets stolen! They are that good I promise you, genius!

[quote name='dave74200' timestamp='1457613555' post='3000098']
I've probably gone through about 20 cabs in the last 10 years. It was so bad at times that my band would take the piss asking what cab I'd turn up with at each gig. They were either great but too heavy or light but too thin sounding.

I recently took the plunge and bought a Super Twin by Barefaced and absolutely love it. I can now see what all the fuss is about. It's massive sounding, with cracking tone and punch and I can pick it up with two fingers.

Suffice to say, I'll not be in the market for another cab until this one either breaks or gets stolen! They are that good I promise you, genius!
[/quote]

It is a great cab! Portability, lots of power and punch, and great tone...works great for me.
I've had my SuperTwin since they were released and my Cab GAS completely disappeared too.

Edited by PauBass

I have a Super12T and a Super Midget

i love them both.

I use the midget for rehearsals so hadn't used the S12T for ages - i had been debating selling it.

I gigged the S12T at The Garage last Saturday and had forgotten just how good it was.
I had the pre at about 9 oclock and the master at only 10oclock on my Puma900 and the bass was thunderous - so much headroom in that rig.

[i]Apropos [/i]of nothing at all, I lost one of the feet from the base of my Compact last week, just before a gig.

I don't like wobbly feet and I didn't have a spare handy, so I took off the other three.

Worked just fine. Almost as if the feet are not actually essential.

Now ... what were we talking about again?

[color=#006621][font=arial, sans-serif][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahf3ud0RUUA[/media][/font][/color]

[color=#006621][font=arial, sans-serif](and I didn't say anything)[/font][/color]

Edited by EBS_freak

Now my post doesn't make any sense!!! Anyway, nothing against BF cabs, I had one a gen2 compact a while back although wasn't for me. Im really intrigued what a couple of gen3 Super Compacts could do. My reply was a bit tongue in cheek although inset handles would be nice.

Edited by largo

[quote name='largo' timestamp='1457621384' post='3000244']
Inset handles, Tolex covering & a grill that covers the whole of the front of the cab. You did ask
[/quote]

I thought the whole point of Barefaced was the cabs are small and super-light. Pretty much everything you want will add unnecessary weight and size to the cab.

Guest bassman7755

TBH even as a fan I find myself slightly embarrassed that there are two barefaced worshipping threads on the go at the same time, FFS can you pace yourself people please.

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1457638665' post='3000558']
TBH even as a fan I find myself slightly embarrassed that there are two barefaced worshipping threads on the go at the same time, FFS can you pace yourself people please.
[/quote]
Yeah and guess who's laughing all the way to the bank with you guys all competing to be BFF no1😃