Why become a member? ×

February Composition Challenge - VOTING!

Skol303

I haven't voted for a few months - wow, you've all made it difficult. Love the vocals on Bleat's track (sell us your vocalists!!), the bassline on Bilbo's is sublime, love the feel of Lurksalot's entry. Also enjoyed Christofloffer and Bustav's contributions...so difficult to decide..

No losers this month - quality is right up there...thanks fellas.

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1456430470' post='2989034']
It's been a while.. and when I saw the theme this month, I thought.. "It's going to be tough coming up with something!!".. but never fear, BCers haven't let us down B)
[/quote]

Pah, 'tis a mere trifle! We've coped with [i]far[/i] more surrealist themes, such as a double-header between Jimmy Savile and the Mexican Day of the Dead. And another between the art of MC Escher and Burt Reynolds in The Cannonball Run. Yeah, don't ask.

This was a walk in the park - or a jump off a cliff - by comparison :D

Edited by Skol303

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Don't forget to hop along to admire the photos proposed for the February Photo Challenge, to be found here ...[/font][/color]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/278154-february-2016-photo-comp-voting-time"]February Photo Challenge ...[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]... and vote for your favourite. This month's theme..?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=7][color=#00FFFF]C[/color][color=#40E0D0]O[/color][/size][/font][/color][color=#ADD8E6][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=7]L[/size][/font][/color][color=#0000FF][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=7]D[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Get on over to see what's on offer..! [/font][/color]

I got up early to give them all a good listening , and I am again astonished at the quality of the entries , the compositions themselves are all brilliant , I have been forced to set up a scoring system, as a general appreciation of how much I like them just doesn't provide enough differentiation , the production on many is outstanding, and while I don't include a score for that , it certainly sets more levels to aspire to .

ed to add

Ive voted , a great way to start a sunday , brilliant

Edited by lurksalot

Oh dear..! This could become embarrassing..! I was quite content (and not a little surprised and proud...) to be well forward in the votes, but it looks as if a recent spurt has propelled me into the lead..! Come on, folks, be reasonable; there's still time to get one of the other brilliant compositions on top. Give them all a close listen; you'll be amazed at the sheer quality in there. Twice in a row..? No, it'll create a disruption of the space - time equilibrium, the consequences of which do not bear thinking about. Worse (is that possible..?) than the Return of Cthulhu, more ground-shaking than Krakatoa, higher risk than the Hadron Collider, and affecting the children of your children's children for innumerable generations to come. What; you don't have children..? OK, but it will still be a tumultuous event. Don't risk it, folks. Vote for... Well, any of 'em, really; they're that good. Don't make me choose another picture, please. Pretty please..? :unsure:

I spent yesterday morning streaming all the compositions numerous times through my AV system to give them the best possible listen - and had a thoroughly enjoyable time.
Had to choose three eventually but, my word, it was no easy task with such a high standard of entries to choose from.
Congratulations to one and all.
Those of us that get to listen to the compositions are the real winners.

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1456775306' post='2992210']
Totally can't until the next one starts. So many different ideas just waiting to burst out! (I've been on quite a shopping spree with new sounds!)
[/quote]

Don't wait, then; get stuck in on playing around with those ideas. In between Challenge subjects, I'm often (health permitting... :blush: ) trying out stuff, either with new Vst's I've come across (thanks for the recent links, in passing... B) ) or with a riff or two on guitar or bass. I've a new 'toy' coming soon which will be crying out for experimentation; an 'AeroDrum' set-up, with which I may be able to play my Vst drums 'live' from my armchair..! So many things to do; so little time... Often, when a new picture is posted, I'm already warming up a session, so I just use it as a guide as to what to do with whatever palette I happen to be playing around with. Doesn't always work, of course..! :lol:

I've been noodling around a bit, getting a feel for the types of sounds that I've got access to now. Mostly cinematic and eerie horror type stuff (so NO happy pics whoever wins!!) but to be honest it's really wide-ranging. I'm gonna wait for March's pic so I can grab one idea and run with it.

I remember my dad showing me those AeroDrums. If they work like they do in the prom video they'll be great!