Why become a member? ×

Good online Bass shops in Europe????

zawinul

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/index.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwoIitBRDTgeiZq93F2LQBEiQAMfXL0RP-_mF3h8gEGooJwkDdBD1kk9zVlLgKZBiYqzWepb0aAha08P8HAQ"]Thomann[/url]... very good selection to say the least and excellent service. Good prices, too. And a 30-day money-back guarantee AND a free 3-year warranty. I've used them many times and so have a lot of other members here.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1436720815' post='2820197']
Yikes, please buy this one before my credit card does... [url="http://www.station-musicshop.de/epages/64398533.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64398533/Products/9071"]http://www.station-m...3/Products/9071[/url]
[/quote]

Oof! That's very pretty. It would look well in your Lull family... and you probably DO need a fretless anyway, right?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1436721330' post='2820205']

Oof! That's very pretty. It would look well in your Lull family... and you probably DO need a fretless anyway, right?
[/quote]

Well now you say it, I don't currently have a fretless so perhaps I DO need it after all? :)

Actually, I'm already thinking about the 5 string I'd like to order next year. Not sure if I need it right now, (let alone afford it) so this could be more about the fact that I love his basses so much. But if I'm playing more next year it'll be hard not to justify a fiver, so in the meantime I can dream a little.....

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1436721567' post='2820208']
Well now you say it, I don't currently have a fretless so perhaps I DO need it after all? :)
[/quote]

Life is short. You may as well accumulate as many Lulls as possible before you join the choir invisible... :D
Your descendants will thank you...

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1436722132' post='2820217']

Life is short. You may as well accumulate as many Lulls as possible before you join the choir invisible... :D
Your descendants will thank you...
[/quote]

Bro, is all this to justify your soon to be huge Shergold collection?

But yeah, the thought has crossed my mind, I could never have enough Lull's to honest. Found my thang.

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='zawinul' timestamp='1436722774' post='2820230']
Nice Lull, need al lined fretless though and a little bot over budget!!!!

How good are Lull basses?
[/quote]

In my opinion....THAT good.

It was their light weight that drew me to them, however I'm now smitten by their general vibe, they are the amazing Fenders that Fender never made. Perhaps the same for Thunderbirds too? Plus he has some great other models in the range. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of a good Fender Custom Shop, but my Lull's are just so different yet based on a Fender.

There's so many great basses and makers out there, for me it's all about finding the maker that matches your ideals, for me that's Lull. However I don't expect everyone to fall for them like I have.

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1436723048' post='2820233']
It was their light weight that drew me to them, however I'm now smitten by their general vibe, they are the amazing Fenders that Fender never made. Perhaps the same for Thunderbirds too? Plus he has some great other models in the range. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of a good Fender Custom Shop, but my Lull's are just so different yet based on a Fender.
[/quote]

Yep - same experience for me with the Maruszczyk. Fender are flying on reputation alone at the minute.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1436725896' post='2820258']
Check out [url="http://www.public-peace.de/index.php/maruszczyk-instruments"]Maruzsczyk[/url]. They'll build to your spec, and some of the fretlesses they've been coming out with look stunning, and they're very reasonably priced.

Look at this Jake..!

[/quote]

Drooooollllll......

I recently bought a Spector Spectorcore 5 string fretless for under £500 from www.webmusicshop.it which was delivered from Italy to SouthernEngland in 4 days! Fantastic service and over £300 cheaper than stores in the UK. I've owned Fender, Ibanez & Washburn fretless basses and this knocks spots off all of them. Terrific build quality, lovely figured maple top and with the added bonus of a Fishman under saddle pick up in the bridge which offers a very different tone palate. I can't praise it highly enough. The 4 string version would probably cost you under £400 with the Euro being down as it is at present.