Why become a member? ×

The long wait is finally over!

MarkW

Way back in 1986, as a 13 year old schoolboy browsing his local music shop, I saw (and then played) my very first Musicman Stingray. Obviously such an instrument was way out of my league financially and also in terms of what my minuscule talent justified, but I fell in love with it right then and there and vowed that one day I'd own one.

Roll on almost 30 years, and whilst the talent hasn't improved much thankfully the financial situation has, and so yesterday I picked this up: a Stingray 5 in stunning candy apple red. What an instrument! The power and tone of the thing blows every other bass I've owned clean out of the water, and I absolutely love it. Only my elderly Sterling 4-string comes close, but this definitely has more growl and punch.

I'm a happy, happy man, and will be thoroughly field-testing it at a 3-day gig next week.

:D

I had a similar 'oh I LOVE the Stringray' for a long time, back in the early/mid 90s. I managed to get a bad copy, then the real deal 4 string, but I'd always wanted to try their 5 string model. In 2010 I finally got one and I haven't looked back...I love their 5 string models. Enjoy.

After years of wanting a Rick I eventually scraped enough together to get a second hand one in 2002 and I still have it! Didn't take 30 years though, doubt I would have even known what one was in 1972.

Edited by KevB