Why become a member? ×

Thanks Parcelforce - Hurray my new bass has arrrived and been tossed over the gate

Hi all, This is the reply from ParcelForce. I emailed their MD directly.

Dear Mr ****** (Stuckinthepod)

Thank you for your email to Gary Simpson, our Managing Director, which he has asked me to respond to.

I was extremely concerned to read of the actions of our driver in leaving your bass guitar unattended at your address, and genuinely apologise for the clear concern and frustration they have caused as a result of their poor decision when delivering your parcel.

Please be assured our Operations Director, who is in overall control of our delivery operation, has contacted our Manchester Depot Operations Manager, who is in charge of our Manchester depot, to personally deal with this incident with our driver who handled your delivery.

On our signed for services, upon delivery our drivers are required to ensure the parcel they are delivering is accepted by an occupant at the delivery address and that a record of who accepted the item is kept in the form of a name and signature which is taken from the individual who accepts delivery.

The sender has paid for the peace of mind of safe and confirmed delivery to the recipient’s address, and in the unfortunate event something should happen to the parcel, that they are compensated accordingly in line with the Terms and Conditions of Carriage of the service used either by ourselves or our partners abroad their item was sent through as applicable.

For the security of mail we carry and safety of the goods we deliver for our customers, Parcelforce Worldwide have a zero tolerance approach when items are not delivered as per our delivery policies. Failure by our drivers not adhering to our delivery policies would always be dealt with under our company’s conduct code by their line Manager and can lead to immediate dismissal.

As you mention, we do have multiple delivery options available if the addressee of a parcel is unavailable, such as delivery to a local Post Office, being returned to the local Parcelforce Worldwide depot or for it to be attempted to be delivered to a neighbour within a reasonable distance. I am very sorry our driver made such an extremely poor error in judgment when delivering your item and did not use one of our alternative convenient delivery processes to ensure your item was kept safe.

I can advise that our Managers do have individual daily debriefs with our drivers when they return to site and raise with our drivers at weekly meetings any complaints relating to delivery processes to ensure our policies are being adhered to and that any issues are raised with their entire delivery team to ensure they are not repeated, as well as the consequences if they should.

Due to Royal Mail Group policy and our employee confidentiality rights I am sorry I cannot discuss the action we have taken against our driver. Please be assured however from the action we have taken there will be no future incidents of this nature with deliveries to your premises.

If we receive contact from Thomann we will of course provide our apologies for what has happened and notify them we have taken the relevant action to ensure this does not happen again in your postcode area.

Thank you once more for bringing this matter to our attention to ensure we took the necessary action, and again please accept my apologies for the clear concern and frustration we have caused as a result of this regrettable incident.

Yours sincerely
Lytham House, 25 Caldecotte Lake Drive,
Caldecotte, Milton Keynes, MK7 8LE
 01908 687 249 (Fax: 01908 687 101)

Edited by stuckinthepod

A couple of things crossed my mind;
I wouldn't be surprised if thomann sent you a voucher as way of apology(because they have a good rep etc. and by complaining, you have sent alarm bells ringing)

Also, regarding the other issues listed ; Traffic is a nightmare in many areas. The drivers are tracked wherever they are.(probably the toilet as well ) . When they return to the depot bringing back undelivered items , the hassle the get from the scatty ar@e licking controllers is way over the top. Then the next day, they have to take more out. Or they give it to the best drivers who have to do more areas than usual because that driver never did it.
Basically , it all comes down to greed..and crap controllers who should consider the traffic and the drivers concern. It's only when they join the driver for half day , do they realise..and do nothing.They make a great living pretending to understand the drivers routines , but instead work them to the bone. It wouldn't surprise me if this driver in question did it out of frustration. Greed is good !
Oh, and the country is overpopulated.. With traffic,

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1431514445' post='2772032']
Hi all, This is the reply from ParcelForce. I emailed their MD directly.

Dear Mr ****** (Stuckinthepod)

Thank you for your email to Gary Simpson, our Managing Director, which he has asked me to respond to.

I was extremely concerned to read of the actions of our driver in leaving your bass guitar unattended at your address, and genuinely apologise for the clear concern and frustration they have caused as a result of their poor decision when delivering your parcel.

Please be assured our Operations Director, who is in overall control of our delivery operation, has contacted our Manchester Depot Operations Manager, who is in charge of our Manchester depot, to personally deal with this incident with our driver who handled your delivery.

On our signed for services, upon delivery our drivers are required to ensure the parcel they are delivering is accepted by an occupant at the delivery address and that a record of who accepted the item is kept in the form of a name and signature which is taken from the individual who accepts delivery.

The sender has paid for the peace of mind of safe and confirmed delivery to the recipient’s address, and in the unfortunate event something should happen to the parcel, that they are compensated accordingly in line with the Terms and Conditions of Carriage of the service used either by ourselves or our partners abroad their item was sent through as applicable.

For the security of mail we carry and safety of the goods we deliver for our customers, Parcelforce Worldwide have a zero tolerance approach when items are not delivered as per our delivery policies. Failure by our drivers not adhering to our delivery policies would always be dealt with under our company’s conduct code by their line Manager and can lead to immediate dismissal.

As you mention, we do have multiple delivery options available if the addressee of a parcel is unavailable, such as delivery to a local Post Office, being returned to the local Parcelforce Worldwide depot or for it to be attempted to be delivered to a neighbour within a reasonable distance. I am very sorry our driver made such an extremely poor error in judgment when delivering your item and did not use one of our alternative convenient delivery processes to ensure your item was kept safe.

I can advise that our Managers do have individual daily debriefs with our drivers when they return to site and raise with our drivers at weekly meetings any complaints relating to delivery processes to ensure our policies are being adhered to and that any issues are raised with their entire delivery team to ensure they are not repeated, as well as the consequences if they should.

Due to Royal Mail Group policy and our employee confidentiality rights I am sorry I cannot discuss the action we have taken against our driver. Please be assured however from the action we have taken there will be no future incidents of this nature with deliveries to your premises.

If we receive contact from Thomann we will of course provide our apologies for what has happened and notify them we have taken the relevant action to ensure this does not happen again in your postcode area.

Thank you once more for bringing this matter to our attention to ensure we took the necessary action, and again please accept my apologies for the clear concern and frustration we have caused as a result of this regrettable incident.

Yours sincerely
Lytham House, 25 Caldecotte Lake Drive,
Caldecotte, Milton Keynes, MK7 8LE
 01908 687 249 (Fax: 01908 687 101)
[/quote]
Homer Simpson should've replied personally. Not good enough IMHO;) Julian richer or Richard Branson would've done

he might of thought the bass was for "chuck Rainy" :lol: ahh sorry... shocking :unsure:

"we have taken the relevant action to ensure this does not happen again in your postcode area."
wow ,1 area at a time ?
does this mean the driver has been spanked ?

Edited by funkgod

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1431517118' post='2772085']
.... Richard Branson would've done
[/quote]

Really? Can you get him to stop sending me virgin junk mail :)

Must admit I've had no ParcelForce problems (yet). I get it delivered to work and Thomann usually arrives within 36 hours of landing in the UK. I do have mail problems though and go paperless on as much stuff as possible (mainly as I have a neighbour who is a complete A**hole)

Glad the bass worked out OK, it looks a good 'un.

For the sake of completeness. Response from Thomann:

Dear Mr ***** (Stuckinthepod)

Thank you for your email. We are very sorry to hear about this. Most of the parcels we send to the UK with DHL / Parcelforce arrive on time and without incident, though of course I realise that this is scant comfort for those customers who, like yourself, find themselves receiving a service that is not of the quality they have every right to expect.

Should you wish to order from us again and would prefer not to have the shipment delivered by Parcelforce, we would be able to offer you shipping via UPS for that order.

With apologies for any inconvenience you may have suffered.

Kind regards

Thomas Krarup
International Sales

Edited by stuckinthepod

[size=2]Thank you for your email to Gary Simpson, our Managing Director, which he has asked me to respond to. I was extremely concerned to read of the actions of our driver in leaving your bass guitar unattended at your address, and genuinely apologise for the clear concern and frustration they have caused as a result of their poor decision when delivering your parcel.
Thank you once more for bringing this matter to our attention to ensure we took the necessary action, and again please accept my apologies for the clear concern and frustration we have caused as a result of this regrettable incident.[/size]
[/quote]

Translation: 'Meh'.

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1431523696' post='2772188']
[size=2]Thank you for your email. We are very sorry to hear about this. Most of the parcels we send to the UK with DHL / Parcelforce arrive on time and without incident, though of course I realise that this is scant comfort for those customers who, like yourself, find themselves receiving a service that is not of the quality they have every right to expect.
Should you wish to order from us again and would prefer not to have the shipment delivered by Parcelforce, we would be able to offer you shipping via UPS for that order.
With apologies for any inconvenience you may have suffered.[/size]
[/quote]

Translation: 'Gott im Himmel!!'

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1431523696' post='2772188']
For the sake of completeness. Response from Thomann:

Dear Mr ***** (Stuckinthepod)

Thank you for your email. We are very sorry to hear about this. Most of the parcels we send to the UK with DHL / Parcelforce arrive on time and without incident, though of course I realise that this is scant comfort for those customers who, like yourself, find themselves receiving a service that is not of the quality they have every right to expect.

With apologies for any inconvenience you may have suffered.

Kind regards

Thomas Krarup
International Sales
[/quote]
Thomas from thomann.. Tongue twister

Ok - now a big outcome plot followers.

I just had a call from the Regional Ops Director at ParcelForce to tell me that the behaviour was unacceptable/contrary to what they stand for as a company and they have terminated the delivery guy's contract.

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1431530359' post='2772288']

I just had a call from the Regional Ops Director at ParcelForce to tell me that the behaviour was unacceptable/contrary to what they stand for as a company and they have terminated the delivery guy's contract.
[/quote]

I thought they said they couldn't discuss it ;)

[/quote]

... and he knows where you live ;)

[/quote]

I guess the guy had a previous history of not doing his job properly.

[quote name='Jazzneck' timestamp='1431534736' post='2772346']
Why the heck didn't you just [u][b]talk[/b][/u] to someone, preferably the driver or his immediate supervisor as I have done in a similar situation.
[/quote]

Certainly did thanks mate. Lodged a complaint through their complaints channel, His supervisor dealt with it.

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1431535179' post='2772353']
Certainly did thanks mate. Lodged a complaint through their complaints channel, His supervisor dealt with it.
[/quote]

What?
You went straight to the MD, first hit!

Edited by Jazzneck

Wrong. Lodged a complaint via their official complaints function on their website because I could complain via the phone. I also then copied in their MD on an email to Thomann a day later. Issue was addressed and dealt with by the local Regional Manager. Savvy?

[quote name='stuckinthepod' timestamp='1431536699' post='2772375']
Wrong. Lodged a complaint via their official complaints function on their website because I could complain via the phone. [b][size=6]I also then copied in their MD on an email to Thomann a day later.[/size][/b]
[/quote]

I now refer you to your own post below which, to me, reads differently.

Hi all, This is the reply from ParcelForce. [size=6][b]I emailed their MD directly[/b][/size].

[/quote]

... so stop wriggling and distorting your story - the bloke lost his job.

Edited by Jazzneck

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1431539534' post='2772416']
I'm taking out insulting posts on this thread as insults between members will not be tolerated. Anymore and I'll be delivering this to the bin.
[/quote]

Billy, will you be a gent?
Please PM [b]my[/b] [b]full original post, 5:32pm,[/b] which you have deleted so that I can edit it and repost it without the insults , please?

Edited by Jazzneck

I doubt they are allowed by law to tell you such info so it's probably a bull story to cover any PR crap, but if the guy has lost his job for doing what is standard practice for PF I hope he gets a good settlement, and for the OP's sake let's hope he doesn't join the postal service :)