Why become a member? ×

Gibson EB 5 Stay or Go?

bris

Have just aquired one of these in lovely gold bullion colour from DV247. However when it eventually arrived from Germany( not Romford) it has 3 highly visible dents on the top. Question is do i refuse or go for a reduction.? DV have offered me 50 quid off.

Depends how big the dents are, but you should be able to return it at no cost to you... Or bargain with them for £100 or more off. If the dents are that bad, they'd have trouble selling it at £50 under the new price, and once you factor in the void of another courier, they would probably cough up more then that.

Same thing happened when I had a freezer delivered which had a scratch. Told them £50 was not acceptable and I wanted a new one, ended up with £100 off after some haggling!

Tough one this. I had a similar situation with a Lakland 5501 that arrived with several bashes via mail order. Because it was a relatively inexpensive I took it on the chin after the company agreed to give me a discount and send me a luxury gig bag and a couple of sets of strings.

I could live with it under these circumstances. Your position is slightly different - the Gibby must have been expensive.

[quote name='White Cloud' timestamp='1429961419' post='2756718']
I could live with it under these circumstances. Your position is slightly different - the Gibby must have been expensive.
[/quote]

I'm of a similar opinion - you've paid a lot for a new bass, it should arrive in perfect condition.

£50 seems a bit paltry, £100 would seem more acceptable. Ask for more (if you're ok with the dents that is) as they'll have to discount it heavily to sell it on and pay for more postage to have it returned and then sent out again.