Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Steve Harris West Ham colours in coming, photos now added on page 3

police squad

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1426955818' post='2724005']
FWIW - Thomann return policy has been excellent when I've used it
[/quote]

thanks for that, i'll give it some more thought. I usually only buy from Andertons or GAK as they are only both an hour or so's drive away.

Might have to take a chance on Thomann as Im not sure I can wait until May :)

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1426927211' post='2723460']
back on thread,
just received a text message from the courier. Expect delivery between 15.50 and 16.50.
It could be a long day
[/quote]

Hope you are videoing the unveiling :gas: :gas: :gas: :gas:

You are the first, we are not worthy :lol:

[quote name='markbunney' timestamp='1426954944' post='2723991']
They're not now due in stock again at Andertons until the end of May and GAK until August, apparently Fender have completely sold out!
[/quote]

Who knew West Ham had so many fans? :ph34r:

[quote name='markbunney' timestamp='1426956548' post='2724030']
...Might have to take a chance on Thomann as Im not sure I can wait until May :)
[/quote]

Have no fear. I've ordered loads of gear from Thomann over the years. They are very efficient and their customer service is second to none. Go for it.

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1426974840' post='2724413']
I'm astounded that the West Ham logo is permanent, rather than removable like the Roger Waters 'Wall' image. Surely it's going to alienate a lot of potential players?
[/quote]

Agree Ben - no matter how much I liked an artist, if their sig-instrument sported a team that wasn`t "my" team, no way would I get said instrument.

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1426968385' post='2724302']
[/quote]

I am not fussed about the West Ham logo, as am not a football fan. However my wife supports Charlton and she was not amused when I mentioned I wanted to buy this and have it in the house :yarr:

[quote name='markbunney' timestamp='1426983076' post='2724487']
I am not fussed about the West Ham logo, as am not a football fan. However my wife supports Charlton and she was not amused when I mentioned I wanted to buy this and have it in the house :yarr:
[/quote]

Charlton fans have no sense of humour - yet they so desperately need one. :happy:

Thomann are very good to deal with. I've bought loads of gear from them and it usually arrives a day or two later. I couldn't fault them at all.

As for West 'Am, I wouldn't give them the steam off my p**s!

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1426968385' post='2724302']

[/quote]

Yup, every single one of the 8 that Fender made have sold out!

Edited by Mudpup

ok.
No pics yet as I've not had the time.
opened the package at approx. 4.30 and I must say, it is rather good.
Fantastic paintwork, proper metal scratchplate, a bit heavy but no heavier than my Aria SBR150 I would say (I've not weighed it yet)
The Hammers logo is painted on and lacquered in.
The neck is a dream. Yes it is big, as big as I've played on a 70s P Bass but it's the perfect shape for me. I had a 57 reissue Les Paul that was similar. Big neck but a perfect shape.

Karl, you are more than welcome to come and try it, but I'm in Dover and it's a bit of a trek but the kettle will be on.

Soundwise, P bass on steroids. Flats are amazing. They have an almost roundwound zing to them but they are heavy. I love em.
A very 70's contour on the back (ie not much)

I'm off out again now so I will post pics later today.

The fit and finish and feel of the neck are first class. If anyone dares to diss the current crop of Mex guitars I would say they don't know what theyr're talking about.

£875 on interest free over 9 months, well spent.
Have I been the person to buy it first in the whole of the UK?

Many thanks for all that Martin, really kind but Dover IS just a tad of a trek :lol: You certainly appear to be the first known person to buy one.

Don't know what the beef is with the Hammers to be honest. This is possibly 'Arry's most iconic bass. As much as I would love the stripes to be black and white and the badge to be the Toon, it would not then be a replica of one of my most revered basses.

So, instead of slagging it off and raining on somebody's new bass day, perhaps keep it to yourself and move quietly on, OR, I will take a note of your name and wait for your NBD thread, mwh hah haaaaa :ph34r: :D

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1427023713' post='2724736']
Many thanks for all that Martin, really kind but Dover IS just a tad of a trek :lol: You certainly appear to be the first known person to buy one.

Don't know what the beef is with the Hammers to be honest. This is possibly 'Arry's most iconic bass. As much as I would love the stripes to be black and white and the badge to be the Toon, it would not then be a replica of one of my most revered basses.

So, instead of slagging it off and raining on somebody's new bass day, perhaps keep it to yourself and move quietly on, OR, I will take a note of your name and wait for your NBD thread, mwh hah haaaaa :ph34r: :D
[/quote]

I'm not trying to ruin anybody's NBD I assure you. I've no doubt it's a fantastic bass - which is why I'm a bit peeved that I could never own one, solely down to the logo. If it doesn't bother you, that's great, but for me it's a big enough factor to stop me playing it.
Again, no offence meant to the OP.

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1427020268' post='2724682']
ok.
No pics yet as I've not had the time.
opened the package at approx. 4.30 and I must say, it is rather good.
Fantastic paintwork, proper metal scratchplate, a bit heavy but no heavier than my Aria SBR150 I would say (I've not weighed it yet)
The Hammers logo is painted on and lacquered in.
The neck is a dream. Yes it is big, as big as I've played on a 70s P Bass but it's the perfect shape for me. I had a 57 reissue Les Paul that was similar. Big neck but a perfect shape.

Karl, you are more than welcome to come and try it, but I'm in Dover and it's a bit of a trek but the kettle will be on.

Soundwise, P bass on steroids. Flats are amazing. They have an almost roundwound zing to them but they are heavy. I love em.
A very 70's contour on the back (ie not much)

I'm off out again now so I will post pics later today.

The fit and finish and feel of the neck are first class. If anyone dares to diss the current crop of Mex guitars I would say they don't know what theyr're talking about.

£875 on interest free over 9 months, well spent.
Have I been the person to buy it first in the whole of the UK?
[/quote]

Hi, have you played the last SH signature bass? If so, how would you say the weight and neck width/thickness compare with this new one?

Thanks

Markbunney, I've not played the other SH basses so I can't compare.
I'll take some pictures now I'm back and I'll stick it on the bathroom scales.

Karl, I've got a gig in Coventry and another in Worcester over Easter weekend, if you fancy coming along, I'll bring it. (I can't gig it because Sting never used 'Arry's bass)

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1427044472' post='2725013']
and it weighs 12 pounds on the bathroom scales
[/quote]

That`s some weight, I`ll bet it gives a good bit of heft towards the sound - many congrats, looks great.

[quote name='police squad' timestamp='1427041766' post='2724979']
Markbunney, I've not played the other SH basses so I can't compare.
I'll take some pictures now I'm back and I'll stick it on the bathroom scales.

[/quote]
Thanks for this, and thanks for the pics.
It's a beauty!
Enjoy