Why become a member? ×

The Official MARUSZCZYK CLUB!

Ulas Engin

[quote name='peety' timestamp='1455877697' post='2983153']
I have used my Lakland BG almost exclusively to gig for the last 5 years never found anything that came close no matter what i tried , have to say bought one of these as stock off the website so good not used the Lakland since and have just bought WOT's White Jake as well.

These are amazing basses at the price point quality of build, attention to detail and the hardware is superb to get this quality elsewhere i suggest you would pay a substantially higher price.

i'm aware everything is subjective but i'd be suprised if anyone ordering one of these basses either stock or as a custom build was disapointed

Cheers Steve
[/quote]

I'm in excatly the same boat with mine. So much so I think I'm going to sell my BG.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1455878569' post='2983169']
They look fantastic! How do they manage it with the prices they charge?! Or is it that we are used to overinflated prices....
[/quote]

I expect their overheads are smaller than some folks making similar instruments in other countries, for now at least, but I also think that some production line assembled basses, won't name names here, charge WAY too much for their instruments, but get away with it, so keep it going.
I personally could never justify spending more money on something like that when you could have a bass custom made by hand for less!

Eude

[quote name='Mattpt85' timestamp='1455890532' post='2983349']
:lol: What specs? Or you going for a guitar?
[/quote]

It's a Custom Speesy from the Mensinger side of things, just waiting on an email back.

If all else fails, I'll inbox the Mensinger page and see if they'll build me one!

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1455878380' post='2983164']
Ask Adrian.

My first Maruszczyk was pretty stock, except for the neck, which I specified the dimensions of (wider and thicker than stock) and lacquered. I don't think it was that much more expensive than stock and probably just because of the lacquer... Ask him, you may be pleasantly surprised.
[/quote]

Gracias Jose!...I'll ask Adrian

Just wanted to know how their necks compare to standard Fender Jazzes or the Geddy Lee in case the difference is substantial :)

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1455878648' post='2983170']
I'm in excatly the same boat with mine. So much so I think I'm going to sell my BG.
[/quote]

I'm the same really don't need 3 basses but i've had the BG from new and spent quite a bit getting it refinished by Dave Wilson not sure i can bring myself to sell it tho even tho i can't see it getting any use for the foreseeable, think i'll pack it away for a while.

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1455892375' post='2983382']
Gracias Jose!...I'll ask Adrian

Just wanted to know how their necks compare to standard Fender Jazzes or the Geddy Lee in case the difference is substantial :)
[/quote]

As far as I know by default the Elwood's have a thicker neck than your average Fender Jazz. The nut width is 40mm compared to a Fender Jazz 38mm.

That said there have been lots of different jazz necks over the years. The Geddy Lee has a very thin neck, I think it's 19mm at the 1st fret.

I've got a custom Elwood build in progress at the moment and I've specified the neck dimensions myself.

If you know what you want Adrian can build it (as long as it's not ridiculous!).

Hugh

Edited by Hugh971

[quote name='Hugh971' timestamp='1455907700' post='2983595']
As far as I know by default the Elwood's have a thicker neck than your average Fender Jazz. The nut width is 40mm compared to a Fender Jazz 38mm.

That said there have been lots of different jazz necks over the years. The Geddy Lee has a very thin neck, I think it's 19mm at the 1st fret.

I've got a custom Elwood build in progress at the moment and I've specified the neck dimensions myself.

If you know what you want Adrian can build it (as long as it's not ridiculous!).

Hugh
[/quote]
[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1455931455' post='2983829']
My Elwood 5 has a neck, very much like a Lakland 55-02. Its nothing like a Fender 5 string Jazz neck.
[/quote]

Thanks guys!

I have spoken to Adrian and I'm going for a custom neck, matching the one on my Geddy bass.... For the price of the bass it would be silly not to!

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1456049244' post='2984731']
Guys, what's the cheapest way to transfer Adrian the money, please? :unsure:
[/quote]
Use a currency transfer service such as Currency Change. You get a guaranteed rate of exchange and no charges as it's a BACS transfer to CC. Will be with the recipient in a matter of hours.
I played a couple off against each other for a Euro payment to get the best rate.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1456049722' post='2984739']
An IBAN transfer directly through my bank is £4, and the money lands in Adrian's account within 24 hours.
[/quote]
[quote name='BassBunny' timestamp='1456054114' post='2984812']

Use a currency transfer service such as Currency Change. You get a guaranteed rate of exchange and no charges as it's a BACS transfer to CC. Will be with the recipient in a matter of hours.
I played a couple off against each other for a Euro payment to get the best rate.
[/quote]

Thanks guys!

I have just checked with Transferwise and their fee will be about £2.40, it also offers a better exchange rate.
Natwest charges £10 for the transfer and worst exchange rate too.

I will check later with CurrencyChange too.

I use this https://www.1stcontact.com/forex for regular money transfers abroad to an EU country, good exchange rate and cheap transfer fees.

It did need proper setting up when I first did it years ago (not sure about now), ID checks, address, etc., so they can be sure their service is not used for money laundering, that's what I reckon. Anyway, very happy with it and their customer service.

[quote name='Kriss Popovski' timestamp='1456081869' post='2985234']
[url="https://transferwise.com/"]https://transferwise.com/[/url]
These guys offer very good conditions for money transfers, specially overseas transfers. I used them when sending money to US
Hope that's in help
:-)
[/quote]

Yes, I've had a look around and they are the cheapest.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1456084336' post='2985270']
Lusting after a Hellwood but with a wenge neck (just love the feel of them) and purpleheart instead of padouk...

[/quote]

That's the one I keep going back to lust at. A passive one like that :gas: :gas: :gas:
Sadly, can't be arsed to sell another bass, I'm drained :rolleyes: :P

[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1456055712' post='2984846']
Thanks guys!

I have just checked with Transferwise and their fee will be about £2.40, it also offers a better exchange rate.
Natwest charges £10 for the transfer and worst exchange rate too.

I will check later with CurrencyChange too.
[/quote]

thank you!

I used Natwest the two times I needed it... next time it'll be Transferwise :)

[quote name='Kriss Popovski' timestamp='1456081869' post='2985234']
[url="https://transferwise.com/"]https://transferwise.com/[/url]
These guys offer very good conditions for money transfers, specially overseas transfers. I used them when sending money to US
Hope that's in help
:-)
[/quote]

I've just transferred my payment to Adrian using these. Wow.. so quick and cheap. Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1456164556' post='2986147']

thank you!

I used Natwest the two times I needed it... next time it'll be Transferwise :)
[/quote]

No worries!
It's so easy to do and cheaper than any banks: better exchange rate and lower transfer fee

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1456165223' post='2986159']
I've just transferred my payment to Adrian using these. Wow.. so quick and cheap. Thanks for the heads-up!
[/quote]

You beat me! I have just sent my deposit too!.... Now the wait begins :gas:

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1456165223' post='2986159']
[/quote]
[quote name='PauBass' timestamp='1456166683' post='2986183']
No worries!
It's so easy to do and cheaper than any banks: better exchange rate and lower transfer fee

You beat me! I have just sent my deposit too!.... Now the wait begins :gas:
[/quote]
Details of the basses ordered then gents?! :gas: