Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Snake oil... - Power Cord: a measly $149

mcnach

'It changes the sound before the sound even happens'! :D
I don't think this bloke even believes his [i]own [/i]bullplop. Not convinced, needless to say.

What about the miles of crappy 2p-a-metre cable that leads from the power station to the socket that this cord gets plugged into? It's pretty good if it can make all that sound like it's oxygen-free titanium, or whatever. Total fraud! These people should be arrested!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Old_Ben' timestamp='1419371503' post='2639347']
but it's expensive so it must work!
[/quote]

Ah... then this one must be [i]really [/i]good!
[url="http://eandt.theiet.org/news/2011/nov/power-cable.cfm"]http://eandt.theiet.org/news/2011/nov/power-cable.cfm[/url]

I don't mind paying top dollar for good basic gear and accessories, but $149.00 for a cord, No thanks, it's a cord. I'll stay wireless with my Line 6 Relay. My tone is just fine.

I'll buy a new pedal with my $149.00. :D

I think the guy in the vid is full of it.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='tedmanzie' timestamp='1419375573' post='2639422']
You need one of these mate, 2m UK 3pin kettle lead for [b]£2,499.98[/b]
[url="http://www.futureshop.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=5105#.VJnzE7BA"]http://www.futuresho...=5105#.VJnzE7BA[/url]
[/quote]

I refer you to post #8... :)

Far from being 'bullsh*t' or 'a fraud', I find these items invariably work as described. If I can afford the very best (as indeed I can) I will always take advantage of improved tonal quality and enhanced audio rapport.

It's my experience that detractors of this kind of product are invariably poor people or bitter cheapskates or uninformed hobbyists.

In a way, I feel sorry for them.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1419379128' post='2639477']
Victor Wooten appears on their site and is quoted as saying "Incredible".
[/quote]

[b]Incredible[/b] (adjective)

synonyms: unbelievable, hard to believe, scarcely credible, unconvincing, far-fetched, strained, laboured, implausible, improbable, highly unlikely, not in the least likely, questionable, dubious, doubtful, inconceivable, impossible, absurd, preposterous

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1419380720' post='2639497']
[b]Incredible[/b] (adjective)

synonyms: unbelievable, hard to believe, scarcely credible, unconvincing, far-fetched, strained, laboured, implausible, improbable, highly unlikely, not in the least likely, questionable, dubious, doubtful, inconceivable, impossible, absurd, preposterous
[/quote]

Go easy on us, Skanks, old lad. Most of those terms have far too many [s]sylbes[/s]... [s]sillibul[/s]... parts to them. We need summit that even we can understand, such as 'Good' or 'Bad', innit..? How could we hope to sort the wheat from the chaff with all this display of [s]vocubla[/s]... [s]vocabral.[/s].. words, eh..?

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1419382777' post='2639510']
Go easy on us, Skanks, old lad.
[/quote]

It is my place neither to go easy nor to go hard. The fact is that I was present on the occasion when Mr Wooten expressed his incredulous disbelief at the efficaciousness of the product.

Offered the choice of a wedge of cash or a small calibre bullet through the eardrum my old pal Vic chose the sensible option of [i]appearing [/i]to validate the cable while leaving sufficient wiggle-room for later on. It was the right thing to do.

[size=4]Sigh..! OK then; someone has to do it. :rolleyes:

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1419383690' post='2639516']
It is my place neither to go easy nor to go hard. The fact is that I was present on the occasion when Mr Wooten expressed his incredulous disbelief at the efficaciousness of the product.

Offered the choice of a wedge of cash or a small calibre bullet through the eardrum my old pal Vic chose the sensible option of [i]appearing [/i]to validate the cable while leaving sufficient wiggle-room for later on. It was the right thing to do.
[/quote]

Translation: 'e sold art, innit..?[/size]

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1419365746' post='2639258']
'It changes the sound before the sound even happens'! :D
[/quote]

THAT is where I groaned and looked for something heavy to throw at my computer, but fortunately I found my senses first.
So I posted the OP and went off to buy a pair of knickers to calm down.

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1419372805' post='2639370']
I don't mind paying top dollar for good basic gear and accessories, but $149.00 for a cord, No thanks, it's a cord. I'll stay wireless with my Line 6 Relay. My tone is just fine.

I'll buy a new pedal with my $149.00. :D

I think the guy in the vid is full of it.

Blue
[/quote]

It wasn't even an instrument cable, it was a power cord, from mains to amplifier! :rolleyes: