Why become a member? ×

Spector - Credit Where It's Due!

discreet

[b]Spector - Credit Where It's Due![/b]

I recently acquired a Spector Euro4 - NBD thread [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/250322-nsd-new-spector-day-euro4-audio-file/"]here[/url]. It arrived complete with gold control knobs, but I thought this looked a little too blingy and wanted to return the bass to its stock condition and fit the more usual Spector bevel-top black plastic control knobs.

So I duly contacted Spector Vice-President PJ Rubal, who gave me the email address of Jiri Palek at Spector Czech Republic and I emailed him regarding the Euro control knobs. I heard nothing for a while and thought no more about it, sourcing some black plastic control knobs from Allparts UK, like the impatient git that I am.

However, I should have had a little more faith because just this morning I received a Jiffy bag containing four Spector bevel-top black plastic control knobs - free, gratis and for nothing! It's this kind of attention to detail and aftermarket care that makes a good company great. Both P J and Jiri knew that I hadn't bought the Euro brand new, yet I still got the same customer service as if I had.

So hoorah and much kudos to Spector, PJ, Jiri, the USA and the Czech Republic!
UK plc could perhaps learn a little something from them, I feel. :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1418121285' post='2626964']
You now have a set of knobs to be proud of mate. :)
[/quote]

Yes, I've always been somewhat knob-proud. Less so as I get older, obviously. :wacko:

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1418122095' post='2626985']
Great customer service just increases my Spector GAS :/
[/quote]

Just sell the kids and get a USA NS-4. You know you want to!! :P

Edited by discreet

[quote name='cetera' timestamp='1418159131' post='2627590']
Best customer service I've ever had... and best basses I've ever played. A winning combination yet to be bettered...
[/quote]

I agree, and I think I've got it BAD. To the point where I'm not much interested in any other manufacturer (!) :blink:

Edited by discreet

It's the little things that really make the difference. I'm sure Fender would of told you to sod off! (Coming from a Fender lover) so fair play Spector! It does sort of increase GAS knowing a company will sort you out, even if the bass isn't new, knowing you're in good hands so to speak. Same sort of thing with Ashdown, say what you like about the tone (marmite) but their customer service is second to none, so that makes them an attractive proposition. Most other conpanies in the bass world could learn a lot from stuff like this!

Edited by 40hz

Nice to see some companies still care about customer service! I've rarely had to contact a company but when I have it has mostly been great service. The main two I can think of would be Alan at ACG and Payson Clarke of Payson strings.

As somebody said earlier. I imagine Fender would have just told you where to shove [s]the knobs[/s] your enquiry!

Edit for dodgy late night wordings.

Edited by Cameronj279

Top job. Killer basses, your's looks the same colour as mine. Lovely deep plum!

Pity you didn't mention it, as I replace the original Tonepump with a EMG BQC, I've probably got the old one's kicking around.

The EMG BQC is a great "upgrade", especially if you run it at 24v ;-)

[quote name='tonyf' timestamp='1418252793' post='2628598']
Top job. Killer basses, your's looks the same colour as mine. Lovely deep plum!

Pity you didn't mention it, as I replace the original Tonepump with a EMG BQC, I've probably got the old one's kicking around.

The EMG BQC is a great "upgrade", especially if you run it at 24v ;-)
[/quote]

24v???? I'm assuming you mean 18v???