Why become a member? ×

Shuker Mega thread

Tinman

We've seen all the build threads and the odd pic here and there but i thought it would be good to get them all together, in one place. :huh:
After all, the Football season is nearly upon us and Shuker FC needs to get down to some training. :)

I'll start: This is my Bolt on Elite.

So come on people let's see 'em :huh:

[quote name='Tinman' post='256542' date='Aug 6 2008, 05:51 PM']We've seen all the build threads and the odd pic here and there but i thought it would be good to get them all together, in one place. :huh:
After all, the Football season is nearly upon us and Shuker FC needs to get down to some training. :)

I'll start: This is my Bolt on Elite.

So come on people let's see 'em :huh:[/quote]Carpet in the garage! you posh so n' so. :huh:

Oh - go on then , twist my arm etc.

Besides , we can't let the Wal mafia have a thread of their very own and just sit back looking pleased with themselves!

Shuker Bolt-on Custom
'rotten' maple top on walnut. Resin board on 5 way walnut/maple sandwich neck with side LEDs. Bartolini pup and hipshot de-tuner.

Some luverly Shukerage there guys!

Here's my Shuker Single Cut Bolt-On 6 >>
[attachment=11699:00.jpg]

[attachment=11700:05.jpg]
The Bolt-On Neck Joint

[attachment=11701:06.jpg]
Headstock

[attachment=11702:08.jpg]
The top showing the slab finish

[attachment=11703:DSCF0718.JPG]
Bass in use recently at our recent album launch

Specs>>
33" Scale
White Ash Body with an Amboyna Drop Top and matching Headstock
5 piece Maple/Wenge Neck with graphite rods
Santos Rosewood Fingerboard
Dual EMG DC pickups with Shuker designed 3 band EQ with internal mid freq control and gain

Here's my pride and joy! "The Doodle" - Note the gawjuss Blue/Purple/Green flip paint finish!!

Firstly the completed thread here on BassChat:- [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3746"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3746[/url]

And a very nice start to finish build diary I made with pictures and full details:- [url="http://www.danveall.co.uk/Shuker7Page.htm"]http://www.danveall.co.uk/Shuker7Page.htm[/url]

And here's some sexy pics taken from the build diary! There's plenty more in there!!

Look out for Doodle's little sister coming very soon!

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='256665' date='Aug 6 2008, 07:41 PM']Congratulations to Rich for modelling 'accessory of the decade' - attached to his stand AND being in the Wal thread too , bloody show off :)[/quote]Thanks Doc :huh: If anyone wants to start a Status thread, I'll muscle my way into that one too :huh:

Dunno if mine counts, cos i built it on a shuker course. But i like posting pics of it so here it is anyway...

[attachment=11719:shuker_day_5__6_.JPG]

The full build thread is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15736&hl=shuker+course"]here[/url]

Some very nice basses posted so far.
Well I've had this one for sometime now so an ideal opportunity to share.
Unfortunately I don't have any images of the whole bass apart from live pics but I'm sure you don't want my face spoiling it. Your not missing much else though as it's headless.

Some lovely basses folks!

I think real credit must got to Mr Shuker (John??) for his versatility! Love OHM's P5 as I'm a traditionalist at heart, but the sheer variety and craftsmanship is stunning, particularly when you see them all together like this..

If Rich does join in the Status thread as well as this one and the Wal thread, then we might as well all pack up and go home now because that's tooooo much!! :)

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='257549' date='Aug 7 2008, 08:18 PM']oh go on then, here's my lefty

[attachment=11740:PICT0001.JPG]

[attachment=11741:jcust4lfull.jpg]

[attachment=11742:PICT0024.JPG][/quote]
I take it you'll be back in here again soon :)

[quote name='RichBowman' post='257813' date='Aug 8 2008, 09:28 AM']Excellent! Can I play? :)

Here's my Single-Cut Bolt on 5:

It's back at Jon's at the moment, having a bit of a service.

I'm missing it quite a lot!

Cheers,

Rich[/quote]
I was at Jons on Thurday and saw it there: I'm doing a build your own with him in September, a 5 string Jazz style and was looking at woods...