Why become a member? ×

Shuker Mega thread

Tinman

• 4 weeks later...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuatiful Shukerness! Congratulations mate! I just read the 'waiting for the courier' thread. I really can't understand how USELESS some delivery types can be!

[quote name='JMT3781' post='855776' date='Jun 3 2010, 10:22 AM']sound clips of both my Shukers here :

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/jtolley89"]http://www.youtube.com/user/jtolley89[/url]

:)[/quote]

Nice playin' dude :rolleyes:

[quote name='JMT3781' post='855837' date='Jun 3 2010, 10:59 AM']Thankyou.. do you think the tone matches up to normal shukerry standards?[/quote]

Of course mate!
Loving the new Shukery designs too.
The "horn" bass looks a lot like a sketch I sent Jon a while back, after I got my Single Cut :)

Congrats on another shiny new bass.
Be cool if you could do a similar style recording with your Shuker Jazz.

Cheers,
Eude

Yeah, theres a live one of the Jazz on there, The will young cover..

I'll see what i can do with a more controlled recording

[quote name='eude' post='855855' date='Jun 3 2010, 11:13 AM']Of course mate!
Loving the new Shukery designs too.
The "horn" bass looks a lot like a sketch I sent Jon a while back, after I got my Single Cut :)

Congrats on another shiny new bass.
Be cool if you could do a similar style recording with your Shuker Jazz.

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

[quote name='gadget' post='822704' date='Apr 29 2010, 09:15 AM']This pic shows the flaming a little better!! I have tried to track the origins of this body down... I bought it from Physco Andy originally, so he may be able to shed more light on it??

Either way, it looks like its a factory reject (it had some minor flaws in the finish, and then had been refinished over the top of these flaws), and could possibly even be a Lakland reject (Korean ratehr than USA of course)... So hence thats where the name Shukland came from, on account of the possible Lakland connection! Of course there is actually no way of proving or disproving this theory, so the name remains!!

And the body as it was originally just after purchasing....

Enjoy!!
G![/quote]

Wrong shape/pickup routes/control layout for a Lakland... looks almost like a Warmoth Gecko, although the horns are a little too fat.

Yeah there is a way... Was too occupied with getting the audio to work lol

[quote name='Bigwan' post='855961' date='Jun 3 2010, 12:14 PM']Nice playing! I assume the iSight cam flips it so you're left handed? Bound to be a way around that - MarloweDK did it the same way so there must be some way to do it![/quote]

• 7 months later...

Here's my little slice of Shukerage

[attachment=70037:P1000173.JPG]

[attachment=70038:P1000174.JPG]

[attachment=70039:P1000175.JPG]

[attachment=70040:P1000176.JPG]

I was lucky enough to receive this wicked bass as apresent from my wife for christmas.
I absolutely love this bass. The first day I had it I played it for 5 hours straight and haven't really put it down since.
If I ever need another bass there's only one place I'll be going :lol:

BTW I love playing it so much that I get up everyday at 5 so I can play it for 2 hours before I got to work :)
I'm only at a grade 4 level and need the practice :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='1101702' date='Jan 25 2011, 07:35 AM']Very nice Purpolaris - I understand why you're selling that other bass.[/quote]

Yes, I get a smile on my face every time I pick it up and play it. It's 33" scale as well which is great for people like myself of the shorter persuasion :)