Why become a member? ×

Shuker Mega thread

Tinman

Yeah she's a bolt on, the one from Jons stock page. I'll get some more pics up later for now on the subject of spec, she's a mahogany body with a burr imbuya facing, sycamore veneered neck with maple fingerboard, 26 frets. Shuker 3 band eq and vol and pan pots, Delano pvmc pickups and ABM bridge/tuning units. It's the first modern design I've had and i love it! The playability leaves nothing at all to be desired, it's feather light and the neck is fast without being too thin. I just can't believe it was already built like this and it's perfect for me. The body is slim and overall length wise it's a head stock shorter than my short scale hofner club bass but still 34" scale :)

Some lil Shuker vids . I've posted them elsewhere - but thought I'd plonk them on the Shuker thread too!

My Shuker 7 string tuned to F#. I really like the two hand tapped bass line in this - it just rolls! My band 'Real' released an album and this was a track off it.

LickLibrary.com intro video...

This track, again from the album... bit of sweep tapping and other 'tasteful nonsense'!!

Finally, this was recorded in 2007 and I never got round to rerecording it! It's my own mashup of Steve Vai's 'Bullwhip' and Dream Theater's 'Metropolis'

[quote name='dood' post='1106631' date='Jan 28 2011, 07:33 PM']Some lil Shuker vids . I've posted them elsewhere - but thought I'd plonk them on the Shuker thread too!

My Shuker 7 string tuned to F#. I really like the two hand tapped bass line in this - it just rolls! My band 'Real' released an album and this was a track off it.

LickLibrary.com intro video...

This track, again from the album... bit of sweep tapping and other 'tasteful nonsense'!!

Finally, this was recorded in 2007 and I never got round to rerecording it! It's my own mashup of Steve Vai's 'Bullwhip' and Dream Theater's 'Metropolis'
[/quote]

Wow dood. You must have been born with a bass in your hands

As promised, here's a few pics of my Shuker taken this morning with the new preamp. I bought a U Retro Deluxe and had it fitted but it sounded dreadful, turns out the bridge pup was wired out of phase. A few phone calls and 5 mins with a screwdriver fixed that and now all is tickety boo. I liked the Shuker pre that was fitted at birth but wanted a bit more versatility and this thing certainly gives me plenty of that.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='1107094' date='Jan 29 2011, 11:58 AM']As promised, here's a few pics of my Shuker taken this morning with the new preamp. I bought a U Retro Deluxe and had it fitted but it sounded dreadful, turns out the bridge pup was wired out of phase. A few phone calls and 5 mins with a screwdriver fixed that and now all is tickety boo. I liked the Shuker pre that was fitted at birth but wanted a bit more versatility and this thing certainly gives me plenty of that.

[/quote]

Beautiful bass bud.
What wood is it

[quote name='cocco' post='1111228' date='Feb 1 2011, 04:38 PM']That's gorgeous! What's the spec?[/quote]

Mine? Thanks. :)

It's a white ash body with a 'cooked' maple top,maple and wenge bolt on neck with a rosewood 'board,24 frets,
EMG pickups and Shuker 18v preamp,wenge knobs,monorail bridge,2 over 3 Gotoh machine heads,brass nut,
matching headstock.

It's just beautiful to play,and sound killer.

[quote name='chilievans' post='1111275' date='Feb 1 2011, 05:10 PM']I'm feeling deeply hurt guys :)
Not one comment on my poor Jazz. Someone out there must have something to say ..............[/quote]

I like it a lot - I bet the colour looks great under stage lights and the pickguard is a really nice shape. I had a Shuker Jazz for a while so I know it'll sound and play brilliantly.

Sell me your missus - mine won't let me buy another bass and I've only got one FFS :)

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='1111374' date='Feb 1 2011, 06:10 PM']I like it a lot - I bet the colour looks great under stage lights and the pickguard is a really nice shape. I had a Shuker Jazz for a while so I know it'll sound and play brilliantly.

Sell me your missus - mine won't let me buy another bass and I've only got one FFS :)[/quote]

Thanks man. Its does play well.

And the wife aint bad too

Edited by chilievans

I almost ordered a shuker jazz, yours is sweet! I especially like the sparkle colour, what pickups do you have in it? Mine was gonna have a beefed up version of the 4 up headstock, like a 70s strat in conparisson to a 60s one, but then I got my single cut.....

[quote name='cocco' post='1111737' date='Feb 1 2011, 10:37 PM']I almost ordered a shuker jazz, yours is sweet! I especially like the sparkle colour, what pickups do you have in it? Mine was gonna have a beefed up version of the 4 up headstock, like a 70s strat in conparisson to a 60s one, but then I got my single cut.....[/quote]

Cheers bud.
It has seymor duncan classic stack noise cancelling pick ups. Nice slap tone
BTW I really want your single cut

Thanks man, the single cut is a beauty to play and the headlessness really adds to the whole experience. It's my first hand built bass too, so at the moment im all sorts of infatuated with it and planning another build once I've replenished my savings from this one.