Why become a member? ×

A new level of Road Worn

gelfin

This guy is taking road worn to the limits

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Fender-Squier-Telecaster-Stratocaster-hybrid-roadworn-relic-/271684393466?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f41a6d9fa

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Fender-Precison-51-bass-roadworn-vintage-50s-jazz-bass-customshop-relic-/271693189151?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f422d101f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Fender-Squier-Telecaster-Stratocaster-hybrid-roadworn-relic-Tom-Delonge-/271693203136?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f422d46c0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Left-Handed-Fender-Precison-51-P-bass-roadworn-vintage-jazz-lefty-/271681514758?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=XpjDvY2ioo9MADo0dYSpnIdrIWU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1417644992' post='2622709']
Love the way he describes the TeleStrat hybrid "I have put together from all Fender parts. Ok the body is not original Fender " and then lists all the main remaining parts as Squier.
[/quote]

[color=#000000][font=Times][size=5]'..you be hard pressed to find anything remotely like it.' [/size][/font][/color]

He's not wrong.

Interesting with Ebay - you can say any old cr*p, and lots of it, and some poor soul will believe it.

See it all the time with 'ultra rare' records for sale..

Edited by Drax

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1417648343' post='2622765']
This guy must be laughing all the way to the bank. He just sold a telebass equivalent with Squier parts, unkown body etc for a cool £605, excl postage.
Are people getting carried away and not reading the descriptions properly?
[/quote]

Do you think some sellers could buy guitars themselves somehow and later cancelled the sale? That way they could get some really good feedback and appear reputable?

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1417682820' post='2622920']
I'd be scared to take any of those to a gig in case they got repaired.
[/quote]

Lol :)

I'm a recent convert to the roadworn look
But I have to say, these guitars and basses are a bit OTT for my taste

As for the price, and description
It really is baffling - when making a major purchase, such as a guitar
The buyer really should read the description carefully

I saw a Jazz bass the same seller listed earlier
That too was really beaten up
But on this occasion, he seemed to describe it fairly well
He wasn't trying to pass it off as a US Fender
and listed it as Fender Mex, with some Squier parts....

Someone is buying these guitars
so I suppose it's a case of beauty being in the eye of the beholder.....?

It's a shame, the Telestrat is actually not a bad idea, got that right blend of WTF going on. Shame it has to look like it's been at the bottom of a swamp since the Precambrian era and looks like you'd catch something nasty if you touched it.

I actually would have considered bidding on the lefty telebass he was selling if he hadn't butchered the poor thing. He'd put together a nice parts bass and then just ruined it and I was shocked at how many bidders were so keen on a bass that looked like someone had repeatedly wiped their arse on the neck :gas:

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1417685323' post='2622949']
I'm a recent convert to the roadworn look
But I have to say, these guitars and basses are a bit OTT for my taste
[/quote]
But that isn't a 'roadworn' look. I've never seen a genuinely roadworn bass look like that.

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1417685323' post='2622949']
Someone is buying these guitars
so I suppose it's a case of beauty being in the eye of the beholder.....?
[/quote]
I can only imagine that people of a certain age are buying basses like that who are new to buying basses and probably don't know what genuine wear looks like. I really do hope that's the case because if they are older then surely they should know better.