Why become a member? ×

G&L L-2000

tom1946

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1415639826' post='2602278']
Wow, please let us know your thoughts when it arrives! Very interested to hear what it's like in passive mode.

Truckstop
[/quote]

This is the way I used mine as the active boost, is hot, hot, hot! That price is a steal. I paid around £575 for my last one. The only reason I got rid of it was the chuncky neck.

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1415647298' post='2602390']
I've already owned about 3 of them and sold them all, dumb thing to do. They are are probably one of the best all round basses I've ever had.

I paid £495 for my other ones so this is a heck of a deal. B)
[/quote] Tom you must be wrong I dont own one so they must be crap lol joking aside they are a really tasty bass and that is a awesome price :)

They have an amazingly loud output for a passive. I've got the PJ version; the SB-2.

The interesting thing with the L2000 is the neck is wider than that on the PJ version. This surprised me as its the jazz version. I'd have expected them that be the same or the other way around as it is a Leo Fender design (supposedly).

Edited by Grangur

Thanks for the heads up Tom, I've just bought one of the blueburst/maple L2Ks this morning.

I noticed they've got sunburst/rosewood L2Ks and the JB-2s either in sunburst/maple or natural/rosewood all for about £45 more which is still an incredible deal. I could have easily bought a sunburst JB-2 instead.

No gig bag with them though :-( Shame as the Tributes normally ship with nice quality bags

[quote name='Romeo2' timestamp='1415638504' post='2602264']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£294?! Makes me feel like a sucker, thinking how much I paid for mine! Unbelievable price for an incredible bass.[/font][/color]
[/quote]

indeed! that's less than what I paid for mine... SECOND HAND!

I guess mine will be with me forever now, there's no way I'd sell it for £150-200. ;)

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' timestamp='1415712832' post='2602911']
It's a cracking deal but I'm also quite annoyed as I have mine up for sale at the moment at £350 (paid 575 new 18 months) and have had to take it down. Looks like I'll be keeping it for a while. Amazing bass though!
[/quote]

:blush: I'm really sorry, hadn't noticed that, I wouldn't have posted this otherwise. :(

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1415829309' post='2604337']
I have G&L gas ATM. The question is L series or M series.
[/quote]

I've got an M-series tribute and its fantastic. However, if Thomann are doing the L-series for £300 then thats a very, very tempting propostion. The only reason I'm not feeling a bit ill at how much my m-series cost in comparison is that the necks on the L-tributes are a bit on the chunky side for me.