Why become a member? ×

Finely the sound I like!!!

kevvo66

Hiya everyone ,just took delivery of a behringer bd121 v tone pedal ,and finely got the sound I like £28 notes with post it very good sound wise ,I was never big on pedals for bass but I've been converted , I would like to thank the people who told me on bc to get one ,thanks guys ,best ££££ I spent in a good while ,happy bunny kev

The best bass tone bang for buck you're ever likely to get. There's nothing wrong with a hi-fi, transparent amp but if you want an 'always on' preamp to really thicken up your sound and put you in warm valve territory, there's really nothing like it for the money.

I had one in front of a Little Mark for ages and it was great. The Tech-21 VT Bass is better if you're really looking for that Ampeg sound, but it's more shillings. I'd say the BDI-21 gives any bass SansAmp a run for its money. Recommended!

I'm using an MS-60B as a preamp currently, and it's superb. You can access FX as well as have it 'always on' - what's not to like? And I picked it up for fifty quid. Mind you they're only seventy-five quid new anyway. Also lots of bang for your buck!

Edited by discreet

They're too good not to have at that price. As for the Sansamp BDDI "real deal", there was a blind test on TB where most couldn't tell the difference and some actually preferred the Behringer - http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/sansamp-bddi-vs-behringer-bdi21-blind-test-294957/#post3620742

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1412506084' post='2569376']
Biggest bargain on the pedal market right now! If you get bored of it there's a mod you can do to get rid of the mid scoop too :)
[/quote]

You can avoid the mid-scoop somewhat by judicious use of the blend control. But I quite like a bit of scoop myself.
That's what the Ampeg sound is all about, really. IMHO.

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1412512444' post='2569443']
I did not like my BDI21pedal when I got it. Tried it out in a few different situations, then sold it.
[/quote]

Well that's fairy nuff. All down to subjectivity, what you were expecting and what you wanted it to do...
I hate to say 'horses for courses' because it's such a cliche, but... horses for courses. :)

I think guys we all like our own sound my hearing is probley not same as yours and likewise I always used ashdown stuff on and for years then one day I played ampeg head not mine wish it was with a unbranded cab omg it was gorgeous sound wise realised the ampeg was out my price range so settled on a markbass with the purple chilli cabs justed added bd121 oh bliss . now behringer make dodgy stuff and some fine stuff ,bd121 give me what I need as discreet said horses for courses or swings and roundabouts really .imho

Edited by kevvo66

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1412527806' post='2569609']
Hey, well done it's always good when you [b][i]finaly [/i][/b]get it to go right.

Good luck
[/quote]

Glad someone's finally (!) spelt it correctly (Sorry, Grammar Police Patrol just passing). Yes, I had a BDDI for a little while then got an faux valve amp with a Compressor built in so did not need it. But a great bit of kit and super value.

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='kevvo66' timestamp='1412538984' post='2569789']
Yorks5stringer ,please forgive my grammar ,but I do like my v tone pedal and in my overwhelming excitement ,my grammar gets worse.sorry this will not happen again ,my sincere apologies
[/quote]

Don't apologise to [i]him [/i]- he said '[i]an[/i] faux valve amp' when he obviously meant '[i]a[/i] faux valve amp'.
And another thing, 'sorry' does NOT need an uppercase 's', so God knows [i]what [/i]he's playing at! Tsk! :D

Edited by discreet

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1412584622' post='2570047']
Nah - they're not independent clauses. :-)
[/quote]

True, but you can also use a semicolon as a stronger division in a sentence that already contains a comma.
And it wouldn't be a hyphen, in any case; it would be either an EN rule or an EM rule. :P

Edited by discreet